The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naima_786
In NO way am I saying that what the terrorists did is justified

But They did kind of bring this upon themselves. Everyone know how protective muslims are when it comes to prophet Muhammad SAW, and to make a satirical magazine about is obviously going to cause some sort of reaction. Especially as extremist terrorism is rising and is so dominant in the media

however, saying that the terrorists shouldn't have reacted in that way...

I have a pet cat called Cocoa.

I love Cocoa, he's very special and I'm very protective of him. I actually get incredibly angry when anybody talks about him. He's mine - I don't want anyone else talking about him. So don't talk about him. If you talk about him, I will hunt you down and kill you within a week. You've been warned.

Well, that was awkward, but I'm glad we got it out of the way. It just means a lot to me, so you've got to understand that you're just going to have to do what I say on this one.

We're still cool, right?
Original post by Qari
Then I can't say much to you. Your views in my opinion are the same in all circumstances

Mocking gays and mocking Muhammed are the same.

You cannot allow inciting hatred against gays however which will threaten their wellbeing.
Original post by Lady Comstock
It's funny that, hundreds of years ago, people got away with publishing satirical cartoons against absolute monarchs who were alive at the time, but get brutally massacred for publishing satire against a long-dead man in 2015.

It is something people seem to have forgotten. The way satire has been used for centuries to ridicule the powerful and the good is not someting we should be willing to give up so readily
Reply 583
Original post by QE2
No, because they are calling for someone to be killed for their sexuality.

Freedom of speech does not cover incitement to murder.

Ridiculing a ridiculous religion is not incitement to murder (other than your own, of course).

Sorry I meant making homophobic remarks. i didn't equate it right my bad.
I'm not saying it should be an incitement to.murder
Absolute scum of the earth.
I hope that this attack will prove a severe miscalculation, and that satire of Muhammad will spread like wildfire

this would be the best answer to those murderers
So updates

That poor policeman who begged for mercy was a muslim
There is a gun shootout on the suspects, one dead
Original post by G8D
www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-magazine-attack/paris-attack-suspect-dead-two-custody-n281761

1 suspect dead, two in custody. NBC seem to be the only ones reporting this though...

Paris Attack Suspect Dead, Two in Custody, U.S. Officials Say

Any footage? helmet cam at least
Reply 588
The youngest one surrendered.

The two other handsome guys here:
Reply 589
No one but three newspapers published the caricatures:

How brave.:rolleyes:
Original post by Josb

So ironic isn't it.

Not one British newspaper ever published any of the pictures.

"Oh they're taking our right to free speech, freeeeedommmmmmm........ but we're not publishing the pictures though"
Original post by Josb

Which ones? I cant see
I am so very saddened by all of this :frown:
Reply 593
Original post by holmes221
Which ones? I cant see

The Berliner Zeitung and another one from Berlin, one local newspaper in southeastern France (le Dauphiné Libéré).
Original post by QE2
Ka'b bin al-Ashraf was a poet who criticized and mocked the Islamic prophet, Muhammad, who, in turn, ordered him to be killed.
http://hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/78-Sahih%20Bukhari%20Book%2045.%20Mortgaging/3244--shahih-bukhari-volume-003-book-045-hadith-number-687.html

I do not "pick" any interpretation. I merely highlight the fact that there is more than one legitimate, scripturally supported version, depending on which source you use.

It is the insisting that there is only one that is disingenuous and mendacious
It is the insisting that Muhammad never had his critics killed, for example, and that therefore killing a critic of Muhammad is "unIslamic" that is disingenuous and mendacious, not the pointing out that he did.

This most certainly isn't a mainstream source, but I agree that many among Muslims "scholars" lead misguided, cruel oppressive cults. Anyone can interpret how he wants, but it's not necessary everyone's interpretation is correct.
I don't think muslims with other point of views should even try to justify such interpretations. And BTW, it is commonly accepted among Muslims to never quote a hadith from the Quran. Upon further investigation, I found this hadith no where else, in books or other (un)reputable websites. The reference number is fake.
You must understand the only reason I am typing all this is to refute you claims against Islam as a whole.
We as Muslims are not answerable for the insane minds of these psuedo mullahs, and I am on the same page as you when it comes to such scums, I dislike them, I disapprove them and I disagree with them.
Original post by Josb
The youngest one surrendered.

The two other handsome guys here:

An 18 year old handed himself but it is being reported that this was in response to seeing his name on social media and that he was in school at the time. If that is the case, it is the wrong guy.
Original post by DiddyDec
How many times did you see him actually get shot?

How do you know that every shot fired hit the target?

given the fact that he was on the floor he definitely got "shot" at least twice.
if he did get shot at all that is
Original post by matthewduncan
given the fact that he was on the floor he definitely got "shot" at least twice.
if he did get shot at all that is

The fact he is on the floor shows that he was shot at least once before being executed.
Original post by NameerK
This most certainly isn't a mainstream source, but I agree that many among Muslims "scholars" lead misguided, cruel oppressive cults. Anyone can interpret how he wants, but it's not necessary everyone's interpretation is correct.
I don't think muslims with other point of views should even try to justify such interpretations. And BTW, it is commonly accepted among Muslims to never quote a hadith from the Quran. Upon further investigation, I found this hadith no where else, in books or other (un)reputable websites. The reference number is fake.
You must understand the only reason I am typing all this is to refute you claims against Islam as a whole.
We as Muslims are not answerable for the insane minds of these psuedo mullahs, and I am on the same page as you when it comes to such scums, I dislike them, I disapprove them and I disagree with them.

You what? Since when was the hadith collection of Sahih Bukhari not a mainstream source?

And what are you talking about, 'quote a hadith from the Quran'? :confused::confused:
Original post by elhm1800
Guys. That poor policeman in the video was muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I bet the terrorists are kicking themselves now! Though they'd probably think he's "not a true muslim" for joining the police...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending