Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (I can't believe I'm actually posting in this; like do Cambridge not realise I'm actually an idiot?)

Hey, Phys.Natsci at Newnham here!
    It's just occurred to me that this is actually happening and I should probably decide which modules to take next year ... Definitely chemistry and physics, but it's a toss up between Material Sciences and Comp.Sci then ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    I see... I quite like hypothesis testing haha so I think S3 would be better! Thanks
    Well, I told cambridge that I was self teaching it for fun, and they included it as part of my offer :lol:
    I did M2 last year and im doing S3 this year (both on edexcel) and personally I'd go for M2. It was probably the hardest module I did last year (that or C4) but it was a lot more interesting than I'm currently finding S3. Then again I dropped physics at gcse so it was all new interesting stuff while a lot of S3 overlaps with A2 Biology which makes it more boring for me. There are massive amounts of hypothesis testing though so if thats what you enjoy then maybe you'll like it. M2 was basically just advanced M1 so if you didn't like M1 don't do M2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Haha no an A in AS further maths Taught FP1, S2 and think I'm gonna do s3 next
    Do fp2 or m3. Sick modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerJasmin)
    (I can't believe I'm actually posting in this; like do Cambridge not realise I'm actually an idiot?)

Hey, Phys.Natsci at Newnham here!
    It's just occurred to me that this is actually happening and I should probably decide which modules to take next year ... Definitely chemistry and physics, but it's a toss up between Material Sciences and Comp.Sci then ><
    Hey! I habe the same module problem Everyone seems to be taking Earth Sciences as third module...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1www1)
    Hey! I habe the same module problem Everyone seems to be taking Earth Sciences as third module...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard from someone that Earth Sciences was the "soft option" - but is that really a thing at Cambridge?:O
    the thing is, I'm really awful with technology so doing compsci is probably asking for a mental breakdown... ><

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cp1996)
    Any Christ's Economists?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yupp!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know how the College Composition Fee works? I'm reading it through, but I'm confused as to who pays it, how much it is, and how it relates to tuition fees

Also, I'm currently holding an offer for Queen's for Engineering, A*A*A, after being pooled from Pembroke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom-physics)
    Thats great then i'm set on doing that thank you , do we get assessed on our first year btw?
    Cool, hopefully I'll see you in lectures then. I'm not sure, sorry, I'd guess we probably are but I don't know for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else here for HSPS at St John's ?

College: St John's
    Subject: HSPS
    Conditions (French International Baccalaureate): 17/20 overall, 17/20 in English, 17/20 in Economics, 17/20 in History and Geography and 17/20 in Maths

My conditions are insanely hard, but I'll try my best to meet them!

ReputationRep:
    Is there an offer holders open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frog69)
    Is there an offer holders open day?
    Depends on the college, mine does an annual overnight stay to get to know everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypetal)
    Depends on the college, mine does an annual overnight stay to get to know everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't come to ours 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diana99)
    What did you get for GCSE if you dont mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    8 A*s and 4 As the As were in chemistry, music, French and IT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Track just updated...

Offer for Magdalene BioNatSci!
    A*A*A*A with A* in bio and chem and either of fm or phys
    OMG YES!!! So happy for you! Maybe we can get that chai together after all

ReputationRep:
    Haha I am literally the worst at replying sorry guys..

(Original post by Necrosyrtes)
    Hey, I remember you from the C3L6 Stuff! I can remember you posting in the TSR threads, then afterwards my aim was to beat you in solving it, which I might have managed once or twice, I can't remember. Weird to think that there's a high probability that we'll be in the same college next year.

(I think I've just made myself seem a bit weird by saying that stuff...)
    Do you actually?? Haha that's pretty cool, are you still doing it this year? We can make it a proper competition (one which I am aware of this time..) I just remember seeing you posting on the other threads and being intimidated because you seemed smart and also approving of your display picture..does this make you feel less weird?? Haha

(Original post by 1www1)
    Congrats!! Any ideas which courses you'll be taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm not sure yet, Chemistry definitely, Physics probably and then I'm choosing between doing a biology one (probably Evolution and behaviour because i find that really cool or maybe cells because yay cells) or maybe materials science are you doing natsci as well?

(Original post by fizzers)
    I see you in the C3l6 thread all the time- well done!!! You very much deserve it
    Awwhh thank you so much! I really don't though, I'm a bit of a idiot.. Haha I always see you too, it's so much fun right??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angus_lane)
    8 A*s and 4 As the As were in chemistry, music, French and IT
    Wow ! Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone for Medicine??? Any at Churchill? So excited!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    Cool, hopefully I'll see you in lectures then. I'm not sure, sorry, I'd guess we probably are but I don't know for sure.
    definitely

ReputationRep:
    i just received an offer through ucas track(?!) for law!! happy and a bit hysterical!!

College: Magdalene
    Course: Law
    Conditions: IB 42 with HL 777

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diana99)
    Wow ! Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! what course are you doing?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.