Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Edited OP to include Gabriel and now all the rep has gone ffs Grrr. Edit: Nvm it's still there

Anyway, anyone think we'll still do business on deadline day? Don't think so.
    The optimist in me says yes, but I can't actually see any potential targets who would joining apart from that Dortmund utility man. That being said, we only knew about Gabriel (not Paulista ) when the deal was all but done, which is the norm with us so it's tough to tell

ReputationRep:
    We wont be signing anyone else, just be glad we actually signed what looks like a decent CB!

I think with our squad nearly back to full fitness we're actually a bit excessive in terms of numbers anyway. The likes of AOC, Cazorla will find themselves dropped to the bench before long probably with Ozil, Walcott back. And the likes of Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky, Chambers will be lucky to make the bench soon. And we have guys like Gnabry we've forgotten about too.

Need to have a bit of a clear-out at CM/CAM in the summer anyway. Flamini/Diaby obviously gone so that will be a decent start and I assume Campbell/Podolski are finished as well.

In the summer I think we will also only sign maybe 2 players, one of which will be of Sanchez quality. Our squad depth is actually really good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    We wont be signing anyone else, just be glad we actually signed what looks like a decent CB!

I think with our squad nearly back to full fitness we're actually a bit excessive in terms of numbers anyway. The likes of AOC, Cazorla will find themselves dropped to the bench before long probably with Ozil, Walcott back. And the likes of Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky, Chambers will be lucky to make the bench soon. And we have guys like Gnabry we've forgotten about too.

Need to have a bit of a clear-out at CM/CAM in the summer anyway. Flamini/Diaby obviously gone so that will be a decent start and I assume Campbell/Podolski are finished as well.

In the summer I think we will also only sign maybe 2 players, one of which will be of Sanchez quality. Our squad depth is actually really good though
    The problem is most teams have an injury crisis (bar Chelsea) that temporarily decimates their first XI...our injury crises decimate our first XI, bench and half our ****ing reserves for about 3 months a season.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you guys will sign Pogba (if we don't get to him first).

ReputationRep:
    I honestly expect a fully fit Wilshere to displace Ramsey from the starting 11. His all round play is starting to wane again. Really miss Jack, he was playing top football earlier in the season

Schneiderlin in the summer, it has to be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    I reckon you guys will sign Pogba (if we don't get to him first).
    wengs will never pay the fee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    wengs will never pay the fee
    How much would Pogba cost, £50m? I think AW is capable of that because he really likes Pogba, tried many times to sign him before and during his Utd spell.

But if Pogba was on the market then City, Real and Barca would all be favourites over AFC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    How much would Pogba cost, £50m? I think AW is capable of that because he really likes Pogba, tried many times to sign him before and during his Utd spell.

But if Pogba was on the market then City, Real and Barca would all be favourites over AFC.
    yeah over £50m has been the rumoured fee; I just cant see him paying that for someone who plays in central midfield. If it was an attacking midfielder Im sure he'd do it, if the price reflected the player's quality, but no so sure about a CM.

and whats Wenger's favourite saying if the price is right

what do you think of Wilshere as a holding midfielder?

ReputationRep:
    People need to seriously stop bringing Pogba up, feel sorry for the guy the number of times he has explicitly said he won't be leaving under any circumstance , man's loyal to Juve.

Anyone who thinks he'll be going to united is even more deluded, he seems EXTREMELY bitter at the way you guys showed no faith in him.

Only teams he would go to is PSG or a big Spanish club imo, and definitely not any time soon
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Fully expect nothing but three points and a decent performance from your mob this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    People need to seriously stop bringing Pogba up, feel sorry for the guy the number of times he has explicitly said he won't be leaving under any circumstance , man's loyal to Juve.

Anyone who thinks he'll be going to united is even more deluded, he seems EXTREMELY bitter at the way you guys showed no faith in him.

Only teams he would go to is PSG or a big Spanish club imo, and definitely not any time soon
    Extremely bitter at United or Fergie? Lol. Hes said in a recent interview that he has no problems with United and its a club that he loves. Anyone who thinks he'll join Arsenal is deluded. He wont join City. The only options i think he'll be open to is United, PSG and the 2 Spanish clubs along with possibly Chelsea.

"I'm impatient," Pogba told FourFourTwo. "It was the feeling I had. The coach [Sir Alex Ferguson] had faith in me, but didn't put me on. He said that I was too young

"He said 'your time will come', but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club." So how is he 'EXTREMELY BITTER' at the way United showed no faith in him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Completely forgot about PSG tbh. I doubt Barca, Bayern or Real will be in for another cm this summer, the guys that they have in their first team playing in that position are basically staples, and I doubt Pogba will settle for a place on the bench. City, on the other hand, still have to recoup on their losses after the Bony signing.

I don't think it is impossible for Arsenal to sign Pogba though, how many of us really thought they would sign Ozil when they did?

ReputationRep:
    People need to stop with the 'Pogba hates United' bull****.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...st-aston-villa

Was only a matter of time..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The end is nigh.

ReputationRep:
    That someone would blown a minor niggle out of proportion? I remember he was rested against Villa away earlier this season. We still won the match convincingly
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    That someone would blown a minor niggle out of proportion? I remember he was rested against Villa away earlier this season. We still won the match convincingly
    You'll have to be so under-par to drop points to Villa at the minute. I know they've got Gil and signed Delph on a long-term deal, but they won't trouble you like they did last season.

ReputationRep:
    fully expect to not see him again this season.. our medical staff will already have the leaches on his arms and be drilling into his head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Extremely bitter at United or Fergie? Lol. Hes said in a recent interview that he has no problems with United and its a club that he loves. Anyone who thinks he'll join Arsenal is deluded. He wont join City. The only options i think he'll be open to is United, PSG and the 2 Spanish clubs along with possibly Chelsea.

"I'm impatient," Pogba told FourFourTwo. "It was the feeling I had. The coach [Sir Alex Ferguson] had faith in me, but didn't put me on. He said that I was too young

"He said 'your time will come', but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club." So how is he 'EXTREMELY BITTER' at the way United showed no faith in him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have never said he will join Arsenal, I agree there is no chance of that happening.

The reason I say that he seems bitter is due the fact he is always talking about how Juve showed faith in him, which seemed to indirectly apply that he wasn't happy with how he was treated at United, whether that means he dislikes Fergie or United I wouldn't know. However, I don't think Pirlo would have said a few days ago in a press conference that United would have to "live with their mistake" of letting Pogba go without Pogba's say so, or at least without him suggesting privately to the player that he doesn't want to go back.

Also, I'm guessing a large amount of fuel to transfer gossip is due to his agent, who has been hyping up his transfer for the last year, yet Pogba has been quoted as saying "he [the agent] can say I'm worth £60mil, I'm worth nothing" or words to that effect.

I'm only saying what I see from a neutral perspective, and it doesn't look to me like Pogba wants to go anywhere. Also, why wouldn't he go to City but would go to United? Seems a pretty bizaar assumption considering City will be in need of a dominating midfielder soon when Yaya leaves or retires and they have the money, or is it more YOU don't want him to go there? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    You'll have to be so under-par to drop points to Villa at the minute. I know they've got Gil and signed Delph on a long-term deal, but they won't trouble you like they did last season.
    They also signed Scott Sinclair on loan. Not sure if he'll start but his match fitness must be non existent

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.