Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feeebz)
    My teacher told me! They are given a full breakdown of where marks were gained and lost...I got 20 for content, 4 for vocab, 4 for structures, and 3 for accuracy...Ahhh, getting back the paper is such a good idea!! Do you know if the script will arrive quickly ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right! I'll speak to my teacher then, thanks!
    It should do, A2 papers are priority, but you do have to pay. Make sure you request the photocopied script though, otherwise you cant get a remark! In any case it will definitely arrive (by email in most cases) before the remark request deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Guysss. I'm 8 marks of an A. Should I retake the paper or go for a remark? All advice welcome :elefant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nandosfood)
    Guysss. I'm 8 marks of an A. Should I retake the paper or go for a remark? All advice welcome :elefant:
    Have you missed your uni place because of it? I got an unexpected B in french, 13 ums off am A across both units and my teacher has requested my papers back and then sending for a remark if necessary, but my uni place fortunately doesnt depend on it

ReputationRep:
    Guys... In Unit 3, I ended up getting a B. In comparison with my other PP's, that's a really low mark (I'd got 90% every time without revision). I thought the essay went kinda badly, but not disastrously, and I know I didn't mess up on the first section because I checked the mark scheme. Do you think a remark would be worth it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cajoling_Owl)
    Guys... In Unit 3, I ended up getting a B. In comparison with my other PP's, that's a really low mark (I'd got 90% every time without revision). I thought the essay went kinda badly, but not disastrously, and I know I didn't mess up on the first section because I checked the mark scheme. Do you think a remark would be worth it?
    I am in EXACTLY the same position! What did you get overall?

ReputationRep:
    It's the same with me too, got a B overall. Are you going for a remark? I really really wanted an A*/A :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ekk123)
    It's the same with me too, got a B overall. Are you going for a remark? I really really wanted an A*/A :/
    I don't know tbh! I ended up with an A overall because my other units pulled me up, but it came as a bit of a shock, you know? I'm gonna see my teacher tomorrow and ask if they got the transcript-thing, then I'll mull it over some more... What are you gonna do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cajoling_Owl)
    I don't know tbh! I ended up with an A overall because my other units pulled me up, but it came as a bit of a shock, you know? I'm gonna see my teacher tomorrow and ask if they got the transcript-thing, then I'll mull it over some more... What are you gonna do?
    Think my teacher wants both my speaking (how embarrassing!!!) And written paper back. :/ was it just your written paper that was the problem??

ReputationRep:
    Think my teacher wants both my speaking (how embarrassing!!!) And written paper back. :/ was it just your written paper that was the problem??
    It was the written mainly, yeah! But my speaking was kinda low too come to think of it... I don't know what's happened really, I thought both papers went well in comparison with my others!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure! I got an A overall, but I got enough points to get an A*- unfortunately, because I didn't get 90% at A2 I didn't get one! I'm tempted to go for a remark, but at the same time I don't think I'm willing to gamble my place at Oxford ( if it went down to a B, I'm not sure that they'd take me) 😖 I don't know what to do! It's really stressful! My teacher wants a remark...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure! I got an A overall, but I got enough points to get an A*- unfortunately, because I didn't get 90% at A2 I didn't get one! I'm tempted to go for a remark, but at the same time I don't think I'm willing to gamble my place at Oxford ( if it went down to a B, I'm not sure that they'd take me) 😖 I don't know what to do! It's really stressful! My teacher wants a remark...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe go for it as you must be far from the B boundary has your teacher seen the papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LookIts_Liam)
    Are you guys doing AQA? We had to discuss Un Sac de Billes and Amélie in the oral and i will be writing my essay on Amélie providing the questions are ok

Hi, do you have any good essays on Amelie from last year, because I'm doing it this year and would really like to see a good examplar essay

THanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemxn)
    Yes please
    Yes please!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey where did that guy get the mark scheme from?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has an unofficial mark scheme of the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_maria)
    I have the paper and listening file if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi could you please send the specimen paper to me too ? I'll give you my email Andres over inbox x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.