Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabelflynn)
    Omg what are volcanic plugs and fumaroles????
    The spec doesn't mention these so don't worry. It mentions geysers, boiling mud pools and hot springs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabelflynn)
    Omg what are volcanic plugs and fumaroles????
    A fumarole is basically when water is disacharged from vents in the lithosphere which decreases in pressure causing the water to become steam
    A volcanic plug is the hardening of magma over the vent of a volcano e.g. Arthur's seat in Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am doing Wjec A2 geography G3 in a week

Does anyone have notes on China and Glaciers

thanks greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    World Cities 40 marker predictions?? Focusing on Sustainability (Transport), Decentralisation of retail, and Planning&Management? Any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychemma)
    Don't worry, they're not on the spec
    Sounds about right, my teacher teaches my class irrelevant information haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civ1)
    Hi I am doing Wjec A2 geography G3 in a week

Does anyone have notes on China and Glaciers

thanks greatly appreciated
    I have got very good notes on G4 happy to trade

ReputationRep:
    anyone answered this 10 marker before
    'referring to examples, discuss the impacts of new markets and new technologies on global economic growthin the 21st century' t
    he mark scheme isn't very helpful so I really don't know what to discuss?!

ReputationRep:
    What sort of case studies and points do you include for decentralisation of retailing? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hesterrose)
    'referring to examples, discuss the impacts of new markets and new technologies on global economic growthin the 21st century' t
    So I would talk about the development of technology referring to the Internet, where it has made trading easier as consumers are able to purchase things at a click of a button and companies are able to use technology to meet the demands of the consumer, I would also talk about how because of the development of extraction of oil, transport sectors have boomed, making it easier to transport goods via container ships, and also skilled worker are able to easily travel seeking work as airplane ticket prices are cheaper. These enhance economic growth as it allows countries to become more interdependent and allow them to trade more freely, because the flows of capital, goods and people are made greater and therefore their economies are able to flourish.
    In terms of markets, I'm not quite sure, personally I would refer to countries such as the Asian tigers and China, who in the past have become more open to trade and less authoritarian and a centralised economy, the prospect of investing into new countries and therefore gain a wider area of demand from consumers has made TNCs invest into these countries, they also offer the opportunity of new resources which TNCs can exploit to allow both the host country and source country to benefit through the creation of jobs and profits made from the TNC is often sent back to the source country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JgR1997)
    So I would talk about the development of technology referring to the Internet, where it has made trading easier as consumers are able to purchase things at a click of a button and companies are able to use technology to meet the demands of the consumer, I would also talk about how because of the development of extraction of oil, transport sectors have boomed, making it easier to transport goods via container ships, and also skilled worker are able to easily travel seeking work as airplane ticket prices are cheaper. These enhance economic growth as it allows countries to become more interdependent and allow them to trade more freely, because the flows of capital, goods and people are made greater and therefore their economies are able to flourish.
    In terms of markets, I'm not quite sure, personally I would refer to countries such as the Asian tigers and China, who in the past have become more open to trade and less authoritarian and a centralised economy, the prospect of investing into new countries and therefore gain a wider area of demand from consumers has made TNCs invest into these countries, they also offer the opportunity of new resources which TNCs can exploit to allow both the host country and source country to benefit through the creation of jobs and profits made from the TNC is often sent back to the source country.
    Thank you so much, this really helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)
    Studying Economics and Geography at Leeds.

You going to do a geography degree too?
    Yeah at nottingham

ReputationRep:
    How would you structure a world city 40 mark on planning and managment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JgR1997)

I did this question new markets talked about outsourcing NIC india china and new tech india service sector, sustainable compared to asian tiger model and rounded it with china developing a service minded economy !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hesterrose)
    Is that likely to come up? It came up 2 years ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJJ97)
    Is that likely to come up? It came up 2 years ago?
    no I don't think so, i just like to do any past paper questions I'm unsure of so I know what mark schemes are looking for

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Does anyone have any notes on waste and transport management ?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    25 markers (short questions)
    Ecosystems
    "Outline the structure/nature of an Eco-system"
    'Outline The relationships between human activity, biodiversity and sustainability
    Suggest and explain changes on the rural urban fringe

World cities
    'Explain Planning and management issues using Contrasting case studies within countries at different levels of economic development to demonstrate the above'
    Suggest how partnership schemes between the local and national government have reduced urban decline
    Outline and explain reasons for The global pattern: millionaire cities, mega cities and world cities.
    D and G
    Outline and explain reasons for Growth in the 21st century – the impact of new markets and new technologies (for example in Brazil, Russia and oil-producing countries
    Outline The concept of the North/South divide, and its relationship to the development continuum
    Explain how factors and dimensions: owsof capital, labour, products and services; global marketing; patterns of production, distribution and consumption have aided globalisation
    “Economic sustainability versus environmental sustainability- discuss
    “Sustainable tourism, myth or reality”.-discuss

Tectonics 40- compare and contrast the nature of volcanic hazards with seismic hazards

They questions are taken directly off the specification and are highly likely to come up next week.
    If you plan or answer one please post the answer on here so we can work through the questions together.
    I would really like someone to answer the first ecosystems question, the first wc question and first d and g question please!
    Hope these help you guys!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lavender26)
    Ecosystems
    'Outline The relationships between human activity, biodiversity and sustainability

World cities
    'Explain Planning and management issues using Contrasting case studies within countries at different levels of economic development to demonstrate the above'
    Suggest how partnership schemes between the local and national government have reduced urban decline
    Outline and explain reasons for The global pattern: millionaire cities, mega cities and world cities.
    D and G
    Outline and explain reasons for Growth in the 21st century – the impact of new markets and new technologies (for example in Brazil, Russia and oil-producing countries
    Outline The concept of the North/South divide, and its relationship to the development continuum
    Explain how factors and dimensions: owsof capital, labour, products and services; global marketing; patterns of production, distribution and consumption have aided globalisation

Tectonics 40- compare and contrast the nature of volcanic hazards with seismic hazards

They questions are taken directly off the specification and are highly likely to come up next week.
    If you plan or answer one please post the answer on here so we can work through the questions together.
    I would really like someone to answer the first ecosystems question, the first wc question and first d and g question please!
    Good luck!
    Woah 😵 why is these likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomicmat)
    Woah 😵 why is these likely to come up?
    Obviously not all of them 😂
    But these are taken off the specification and haven't been directly asked before so there's a good chance!
    There are clearly more likely questions for each unit such as the plate tectonic theory 40m, but I've added these so there is no element of surprise on Thursday so we can all achieve the a*, as last year I got full UMS using this method and thought it would be nice to share...
    I haven't included the very likely questions which have been asked before, because you can just look at the mark scheme for answers instead of us trying to work out a model answer together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lavender26)
    Ecosystems

World cities
    D and G

Good luck!
    Is this predictions for the world cities structured??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.