Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the BMAT?
    Both sections were fine!
    22.22%
    Both sections were impossible!
    3.47%
    Section 1 was fine, section 2 was harder
    12.50%
    Section 1 was a killer, section 2 was okay
    28.47%
    I'm doomed
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sp22)
    Ahhh sorry to hear ! When did you have your interview and how did u feel it went ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    13th Jan

I actually thought it went well! Except for a minor head shaking for saying that people are used to working on weekdays and relaxing on weekends, it was alright. I might have talked too much maybe.

But I'm an international, so I guess the odds were never in my favour in the first place.

(Original post by mario64)
    ah unlucky mate, well done on getting an interview though!
    Yeah thanks. Have 2 more chances left so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinthong123)
    13th Jan

I actually thought it went well! Except for a minor head shaking for saying that people are used to working on weekdays and relaxing on weekends, it was alright. I might have talked too much maybe.

But I'm an international, so I guess the odds were never in my favour in the first place.

Yeah thanks. Have 2 more chances left so fingers crossed.
    An International with 3 interviews?! I get the feeling you're going to be just fine pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amccluskey)
    An International with 3 interviews?! I get the feeling you're going to be just fine pal
    Thank you? ???

Nah but one of those is Edinburgh so I have no idea how that will turn out.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you? ???

Nah but one of those is Edinburgh so I have no idea how that will turn out.
    have you requested for feedback from UCL ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone with a low bmat score, but good grades been rejected yet?

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please post the interview dates, as I seem to have deleted the email

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amoey)
    Could someone please post the interview dates, as I seem to have deleted the email

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wednesday 16 December 2015
    Wednesday 13 January 2016
    Tuesday 19 January 2016
    Wednesday 20 January 2016
    Tuesday 26 January 2016
    Wednesday 27 January 2016
    Tuesday 2 February 2016
    Wednesday 3 February 2016
    Tuesday 9 February 2016
    Wednesday 10 February 2016
    Tuesday 16 February 2016
    Wednesday 17 February 2016
    Tuesday 23 February 2016
    Wednesday 24 February 2016
    Tuesday 1 March 2016
    Wednesday 2 March 2016
    Tuesday 8 March 2016
    Wednesday 9 March 2016
    Tuesday 15 March 2016
    Wednesday 16 March 2016

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinnyjinjin)
    have you requested for feedback from UCL ?
    I'm planning to but they mentioned in the email that their priority is to sort out the remaining interviews and offers so they might not get a chance to reply until April/May.

ReputationRep:
    What is the latest interview date anyone has?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amoey)
    Hi, has anyone with a low bmat score, but good grades been rejected yet?
    I have an extremely low bmat (3.7 3.3 4A) but decent grades and haven't been rejected yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryman97)
    I have an extremely low bmat (3.7 3.3 4A) but decent grades and haven't been rejected yet
    My BMAT is quite low too, but grades pretty decent. 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cycl)
    Well they care to the point at which they ask you questions about it in the interview, and at my pre interview talk, one of their criteria was apparently how well we communicate our ideas, which they say they partly determine from our BMAT essay. Although they did stress that they understand it was under timed and pressured circumstances.
    Do you mind if I ask if they asked vague and general questions about your BMAT essay or if they asked specific questions that they picked based on what you wrote?
    Also, did the BMAT essay discussion take up a significant amount of your interview time? Because I understand that the interview only lasts 15-20 mins which isn't that long for a discussion and for other questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chehjuan)
    Do you mind if I ask if they asked vague and general questions about your BMAT essay or if they asked specific questions that they picked based on what you wrote?
    Also, did the BMAT essay discussion take up a significant amount of your interview time? Because I understand that the interview only lasts 15-20 mins which isn't that long for a discussion and for other questions.
    Highly variable. For my interview they asked one question and moved on, for another applicant I talked to they asked him extensively about it for like 15 minutes, for yet another one they didn't mention it at all. As for the interview time, they often overrun by about 5-10 mins, there are some that were underrun as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chehjuan)
    Well since I did question 1 and apparently everyone else did question 3 or something, they asked me why I chose that question. Then they asked how it relates to medicine etc. But yea probably only 2-3 questions on it.

ReputationRep:
    Post Interview Rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsbuzz)
    Post Interview Rejection
    Ahhh I'm sorry to hear how did you feel the interview went and did they give feedback on improvements ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Highly variable. For my interview they asked one question and moved on, for another applicant I talked to they asked him extensively about it for like 15 minutes, for yet another one they didn't mention it at all. As for the interview time, they often overrun by about 5-10 mins, there are some that were underrun as well.
    (Original post by cycl)
    Well since I did question 1 and apparently everyone else did question 3 or something, they asked me why I chose that question. Then they asked how it relates to medicine etc. But yea probably only 2-3 questions on it.
    Thanks! Really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    hi, does anyone have an interview on Wednesday the 27th of January (next week). Just wondering how people are planning to get there with the tube strikes happening :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with an interview tomorrow ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Hope you're doing well. Thanks for all of your responses so far - if you haven't voted and would like to see how your current application status compares to this years' other applicants, then please follow the link below to do so

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016 - Vote - Application Status

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.