Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed74)
    LOL, who cares about the mickey mouse league cup
    Because Wenger's never won it? That's like saying who cares about the Champions League.

For a manager who prides himself on bringing through youth into the first team, surely the League Cup would be the one trophy he'd realistically want them to win.

ReputationRep:
    Say what you want about Arsenal but at least we're a banterous club. Never a dull moment. United on the other hand are the Michael Owen of football teams.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You should go through. I still think you will do, but the empty seats at the Emirates last night were a shame. Clubs apathy towards the CL from an English perspective is such a shame to see. City haven't exactly taken to the competition, and empty seats at Arsenal and dull atmospheres at Old Trafford just make me yearn for the days of the mid-00s, when a PL team in a CL final was a given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Because Wenger's never won it? That's like saying who cares about the Champions League.
    The CL is actually a brilliant trophy while the CoC is just a **** FA Cup so it's not really much of a comparison.

For a manager who prides himself on bringing through youth into the first team, surely the League Cup would be the one trophy he'd realistically want them to win.
    You realise that using youth in the league cup is a sign that he doesn't prioritise the trophy?

(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Say what you want about Arsenal but at least we're a banterous club. Never a dull moment. United on the other hand are the Michael Owen of football teams.
    It gets on my tits, though. I'd rather have a non-banterous season and actually win the PL and/or have a deep CL run but it seems like we're not going to get there with the current incompetent injury management and squad decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Such a par :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'd say the club finishing either 3rd or 4th for an entire decade is the more boring one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Nah I'd say the club finishing either 3rd or 4th for an entire decade is the more boring one
    You have a boring decade to look forward to then.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine thinking we won't just outspend everyone until we win it

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to take a punt and say you've never been to the Emirates.
    (Original post by Ahmed74)
    LOL, who cares about the mickey mouse league cup
    Quite a lot of people. Any silverware is good, especially when you consider how few teams get it on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    sr90 admit it pal, you'd love Ozil in your team right now
    Wdf? Are you stupid?

They have Fellaini, their midfield create enough chances. See game vs PSV.

Ozil will never get in the united team ahead of Fellaini (zKlown 2015).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    I'm going to take a punt and say you've never been to the Emirates.
    Quite a lot of people. Any silverware is good, especially when you consider how few teams get it on a regular basis.
    Punt way off target. I go to the match regularly. I've even posted a picture of me at the Emirates on here before.

ReputationRep:
    Only reason ClockEnder goes so regularly is because U16 tickets are cheap as **** and he hasn't been hit with responsibility yet

ReputationRep:
    Wenger hints at Sanchez "injury". This could get really messy indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Only reason ClockEnder goes so regularly is because U16 tickets are cheap as **** and he hasn't been hit with responsibility yet
    I'll have you know I'm 17 actually. Still get discounted tickets through Cannon Club though.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have you know I'm 17 actually. Still get discounted tickets through Cannon Club though.
    Was kidding anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Wdf? Are you stupid?

They have Fellaini, their midfield create enough chances. See game vs PSV.

Ozil will never get in the united team ahead of Fellaini (zKlown 2015).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's slander bro, I never said that.

I said Fellaini would walk into your current starting 11. Not he'd start ahead of Ozil.

ReputationRep:
    Punt way off target. I go to the match regularly. I've even posted a picture of me at the Emirates on here before.
    The Emirates is probably the worst stadium in the UK for atmosphere. It's difficult to say your fans have the best banter, when half the stadium is doing a sponsored silence.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The Emirates is probably the worst stadium in the UK for atmosphere. It's difficult to say your fans have the best banter, when half the stadium is doing a sponsored silence.
    And you think Chelsea's new stadium will be any better?

You'll be lucky to have half the atmosphere when you move as we did when we moved.

ReputationRep:
    Mate you obviously are new to the ff, because anyone who is regularly on here knows I'm the biggest critic of our fans, especially at home. Probably annoys the other lads on here how much I bang on about it.

ReputationRep:
    Mate you obviously are new to the ff, because anyone who is regularly on here knows I'm the biggest critic of our fans, especially at home. Probably annoys the other lads on here how much I bang on about it.
    Tbh I've never noticed it, I probably just saw someone moaning about Arsenal and assumed it was Shed End or Difeo

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.