Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valyrian)
    Anonymous the hacking group - apparently a letter or email was allegedly intercepted and it was stated that many countries including ours would be targeted as a result of publicising the jihadi Jon killing.
    link?

ReputationRep:
    I see humans but I see no humanity

ReputationRep:
    As politically stupid it would be to drop a nuke on syria and its huge consequences, terror attacks like these make me wonder if its a viable option. Do IS want to be blown out of existence from their roots?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Rubbish. We owe it to the future victims to act. Act right now. Solidarity? Mourn later. Right now there is a war to win.
    I'll start rounding up the local Muslims shall I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Precisely this. I cannot believe the reactions of some people.
    Some people get upset at machine guns, drones, land mines, suicide bombers and airstrikes against hospitals.

Some people get upset at internet postings.

If you really care, do something constructive to bring about peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Has this actually been shown to be from Muslims or are people merely speculating? if it's the latter then it's disgusting. Ffs, let the dust settle and wait till we have the facts rather than speculating to promote your own hateful ideology.
    It may well turn out to be Muslims, but until then let's wait for the facts.
    There is no point in shoving our heads in the ground and just ignore any speculation on the nature of the attackers. The style and timing of attacks can give some insight into the reasons for the attacks, and speculating on this is normal, there is no reason to not do so just because it potentially involves Muslims.

Similar to how if there was a terrorist attack in NI, you would assume it was related to Irish republicans.

ReputationRep:
    It was alleged that one of the shooters was shooting "Allah Akbar" AKA God is Great, and only Muslims say that although it's only alleged so who knows the truth :shrug:
    So let's wait until we get all the facts and know exactly what happened rather than making conclusions now.

This may well have been Muslims, but let's wait until we know for sure.
    Seems like some on here can't wait to spread their own hatred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    Summary so far.
    At least 80 confirmed dead, tens injured as a result of 2 suicide bomb attacks, a gunning, and hostages being killed. Up to 100 people still held hostage in the bacalatan theatre - 2 terrorists killed so far after police stormed the building shortly after being attacked outside. A Europe 1 journalist who was reportedly inside the theatre and escaped just in time heard the words, 'This is for syria' shouted - in french - followed by the islamic takbir (allahu akbar) and gunshots.
    President Hollande has declared a state of emergency and has closed the Republic's borders, stopped Paris' trains and metro system, and evacuated the entire district around the unfolding events. Reportedly, he has deployed the French military in the city.
    Today's events have come just after last night's suicide bomb attack in Beirut, Lebanon, where around 68 people were killed - and if the report from the Europe 1 journalist is correct, this cold be by the same people and part of a single offensive.

Guys. We are ONE FREAKING BORDER away from this. And that is frightening.
    It is pretty scary.

Why is it France seems to bear the brunt of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Rubbish. We owe it to the future victims to act. Act right now. Solidarity? Mourn later. Right now there is a war to win.
    Not sure if bombing or going on the offensive works though. Of course, getting these guys should be a priority, but going beyond that? There HAS been a war on terror, and where has it gotten us? Nowhere, in fact the problem is arguably worse considering the destabilisation of the Middle East.

We SHOULD be mourning right now by the way, or at least acknowledge and understand the pain the victims are going through. Our hearts should be going out to those affected and what they have suffered, but just bypassing that thinking 'oh yeah we'll get to it later' is pretty insensitive tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    There is no point in shoving our heads in the ground and just ignore any speculation on the nature of the attackers. The style and timing of attacks can give some insight into the reasons for the attacks, and speculating on this is normal, there is no reason to not do so just because it potentially involves Muslims.

Similar to how if there was a terrorist attack in NI, you would assume it was related to Irish republicans.
    We'll probably know for sure what happened by tomorrow. Speculating and making assumptions when we don't know what happened is stupid. Show some respect.

It may well involve Muslims, but let's wait until we actually know first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    There are Muslims fighting ISIS on the front lines in the middle-east.

How many times do I have to say this?

Should we bomb those fighting ISIS in the 'war on Islam'?
    Yeah, to call it a 'war on Islam' is absurd, ISIS have killed countless Muslims in the Middle East as well, this is a war on Islamic extremism, not Islam as a whole at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    link?
    I don't have it as it was told by another person in a group chat. Although they say that it's still on Twitter if you search the hashtag Rome London DC

ReputationRep:
    I have given up on humanity
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's all linked. Anon states that we're the next couple of countries to be attacked.
    Nah doubt this is linked at all. This type of attack would've required some form of planning that would've taken time, not decided today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    I never even mentioned the word "Human rights" so why you are banging on about it perplexes me. How can we have a rational response when you evidently display such ignorance to the causes of islamic terrorism?

Because if you had actually be following the conversation I was having, the context of it was in reference to someone who is making posts saying "to hell with human right" and "show no mercy" among others. You then replied to my conversation on this topic by voicing in caps your disapproval and saying my stance is wrong. So I can only take it that you are in agreement with said poster and their views.

How am I ignorant of Islamic terrorism? Please enlighten me.

(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    You clearly only partake in these sort of discussions whenever their is a massacre like this. Im sorry to isolate you because their are many but it perfectly highlights my original point about how people need to wake up and get educated to the problem of islamism instead of throwing out assumed and ignorant half baked assumptions every time there is a massacre
    Except I have been active in the TSR religion section for a few years and can show you hundreds of posts I have made criticising Islamism. I in fact would say I have continually been one of TSR's more vocal critics of Islamism. So no, I don't believe I do need educating on the topic of Islamism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    I have a friend whose father lived out in Singapore, it was really mixed culturally but always felt like the best, successful, happy people coming together, but also very liberal culturally.
    So liberal it remains illegal to be gay there.

So liberal the government kicks HIV carriers out (even though that hasn't been working at all).

So liberal you cannot even protest against anything.

So liberal you cannot even vote for the people you support - 69.9% popular votes for the ruling party with a 91%+ majority, which in turn cut resources off constituencies that didn't vote for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Even Muslims, or at least the sensible ones, will agree that, after these attacks, for now, the best thing to do is to treat refugees as potential terrorists.
    I can second this. Lebanon has accepted the most refugees in proportion to its size. What was the result...? ISIS fighters embedded among the refugees taking the lebanese Qalamoun mountains in the northeast - ISIS already announced they were going to embed cells in the refugees.

ReputationRep:
    So let's wait until we get all the facts and know exactly what happened rather than making conclusions now.

This may well have been Muslims, but let's wait until we know for sure.
    Seems like some on here can't wait to spread their own hatred.
    It's not just random people going "oh yeah it's obviously the Muslims coming after us because of jihadi John", it's the news that's reporting it so obviously people are going to believe them because what purpose would the news serve if they lied?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It is pretty scary.

Why is it France seems to bear the brunt of this?
    As far as I know France are one of the more conservative towards Islam. Banning face coverings and what not, taking part in air strikes. Then you had the Charlie Hebdo attack that followed all the pictures they used to draw. That seems to me why they've been attacked twice this year now.

ReputationRep:
    We'll probably know for sure what happened by tomorrow. Speculating and making assumptions when we don't know what happened is stupid. Show some respect.
    It isn't stupid, its the normal thing to do. Should we just completely shut down discussion of the attacks? Don't mention numbers dead, dont mention how it happened, its all speculation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.