Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to pass. The question about range, merely required simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental C3 AQA Maths knowledge.
    You want a medal mate?

ReputationRep:
    If you were getting straight A*s as you allegedly claim, then this iteration should not appear difficult to you, unless you were not prepared. I don't see Oxbridge students apart from you here complaining.
    If you read what I wrote again I was talking about a boy at my school not myself. I am not a straight A* Oxbridge student but apparantly you are from the way you look down on everyone else. Seriously if you're so stuck on your idea that this was an easy exam then why are you even on the thread discussing this when barely anyone agrees with you. How about you Just move on and get off the thread and go revise for your next exam because I can guarantee that not a single person wants to see you talk about your theory on the grade boundaries and how easy the paper was any longer. Do us all a favour and f**** off.

ReputationRep:
    Look, AQA will not drastically change the grade boundaries. If it was that hard, it wouldn't have been chosen for this year's paper. What they are trying to do, is stop thousands of student who simply do past papers and get A*s, without knowing the actual content. If this is one of you, you do not deserve to pass. The question about range, merely required simple mathematical ingenuity. Looking beyond this, the content was nothing but fundamental C3 AQA Maths knowledge.
    Fact of the matter is, you're wrong. A student who has spent hours and hours revising the content since they finished the course, a student who works hard and sacrifices so much time for their studies deserves to pass. You can't see yourself as being above other people, telling them what they do and do not deserve. Maybe an element of what you're saying is true, maybe the grade boundaries will stay high, but you have no right whatsoever to criticise people for revising. I suggest you think very careful before making a statement like that with absolutely no regard for the people it will effect. And I sincerely hope that the people who have put in all that work get the A* they deserve.
    Jake Glynn, Wolgarston Sixth Form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bartbarrow)
    Correct, you had to change the integral to
    (lnx) * (lnx)/(x^2)

set u=lnx, v'=lnx/x^2
    u'=1/x, v=(your answer to the previous part)

and go from there

I'm sticking by

100 UMS - 70 (maybe 69)
    A* - 62
    A - 55
    B - 51
    C - 46
    D - 41
    E - 36
    Wait, did you have to differentiate in the previous part? Because now the question makes sense if you had to but I'm sure it said integrate because that's what I did..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hish11)
    What did you guys get for the area of the triangle. The method seemed straight forward but i f***ed up the answer
    m=3 ,n=2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bartbarrow)
    If you set y=g(x) then you need to plug in from there

16y = 16/x

therefore y=1/x
    so g(x) = 1/x
    But if you plug 1/x into the f(x) you do not get fg(x) so it must be wrong, to get from the f(x) to the fg(x) it had to be 1/(x^2), hence why gg(x)= x^4
    I think as it was low marks it was just looking for the answer via inspection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I like cows)
    Lol you can't even read English, he clearly said someone he knows.

Now bore off
    I'm a girl but thanks for the back up. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyjane_x)
    Wait, did you have to differentiate in the previous part? Because now the question makes sense if you had to but I'm sure it said integrate because that's what I did..
    Yes, you had to integrate in the first part

The second part asked for the integration of lnx * (lnx/x^2)

If you set u=lnx, then v' = lnx/x^2
    so u'=1/x, v= (Answer to part a)

ReputationRep:
    What was that secxtanx question someone tell me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A slice of 3.141)
    I need to take a shower after what AQA just did to me.
    Nice username

ReputationRep:
    Some people are so stupid, what do u mean that wont "drastically" change the grade boundaries? If everyone go ****in 30 marks they won't set an A to be 60 marks you thick pricks I can't find your name but when I do I will @ you you ****

ReputationRep:
    bruv it was just bare hard

ReputationRep:
    Pablo bullied picasso you can die right now and shove a hot soldering iron up your knob. I think i speak on behalf of everyone here. cheers xx

ReputationRep:
    Well I was getting straight A* and **** in c3 and c4 but that test made me wanna jump off the goddamn f(x) curve. After c1 and c2 I knew it would be this hard.....#aqa2016

(Original post by C0balt)
    When I saw the gg(x) question the gamer part of me thought "good game" yeah it ****ing was AQA, you crushed fellow year 13 students
    gg wp, kill me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMP100Em)
    Did anyone get gg(x)=x^4?
    Yes lol, but it's wrong ((

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you were getting straight A*s as you allegedly claim, then this iteration should not appear difficult to you, unless you were not prepared. I don't see Oxbridge students apart from you here complaining.

I'll **** on ur nans grave u ****ing asian tryhard , locked in the basement , revise 24hrs a day ****.

ReputationRep:
    f(x) =

fg(x) =

g(x) =

gg(x) =

(Thought I'd format it nicely fro once )

Edit: I now see I was right so will change this to a nicely formatted answer instead of a nicely formatted question :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam1231)
    But if you plug 1/x into the f(x) you do not get fg(x) so it must be wrong, to get from the f(x) to the fg(x) it had to be 1/(x^2), hence why gg(x)= x^4
    If you just ignore the second part and take 16x being transformed into 16/x, because that's all you need....

I think you're getting confused with your x's, they are not the same x.

When you take f(x) = 16x, fg(x) = 16 * g(x)

so 16 * g(x) = 16/x
    so g(x) = 1/x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manliker)
    For the modulus one did anyone get x<orequalto -6 and x>orequalto 2 somethin like that??
    Yes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 1, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.