Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I'm glad you got a break from him

At least you get a day of revision in between :yes:
    Yeah, it was bittersweet because I realised how much I was missing out on - but I will carry on doing what I'm doing because I was on the right track all along :dontknow:
    Yessss, I'm so thankful for that - I'm planning to make the most out of it because it's hard to balance revision for 3B/4B ideologies at the same time. Luckily 4B ideologies have been covered in lessons recently so I haven't been ignoring them either. That's the only reason I'm glad I don't have study leave - politics lessons. :woo:
    Anyway, good luck with the lit and I hope it goes well, which I'm sure it will! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    why would you want to study law?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Yeah, it was bittersweet because I realised how much I was missing out on - but I will carry on doing what I'm doing because I was on the right track all along :dontknow:
    Yessss, I'm so thankful for that - I'm planning to make the most out of it because it's hard to balance revision for 3B/4B ideologies at the same time. Luckily 4B ideologies have been covered in lessons recently so I haven't been ignoring them either. That's the only reason I'm glad I don't have study leave - politics lessons. :woo:
    Anyway, good luck with the lit and I hope it goes well, which I'm sure it will! :hugs:
    I think you were too :yes:

I'm sure you'll do great at it

Thanks, you too I know you'll do great, no matter what a certain other person thinks :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Gingerbread101 you do so much work. Well done! How have your exams been so far ? Although i'm doing my GCSE this is my thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3934631 feel free to have a look
    Good luck for your remaining exams.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    why would you want to study law?
    :lol:
    I haven't studied it before, but I've never had a favourite subject and I think it's a really good mix of all of the skills from my other subjects, plus it's always really relevant and is a well respected degree, and has great career progressions :awesome:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Gingerbread101 you do so much work. Well done! How have your exams been so far ? Although i'm doing my GCSE this is my thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3934631 feel free to have a look
    Good luck for your remaining exams.
    Thanks hun They're going good so far, I'm over half way there now :party:
    I'll be sure to have a look, good luck to you too :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't studied it before, but I've never had a favourite subject and I think it's a really good mix of all of the skills from my other subjects, plus it's always really relevant and is a well respected degree, and has great career progressions :awesome:

Thanks hun They're going good so far, I'm over half way there now :party:
    I'll be sure to have a look, good luck to you too :hugs:
    Thank you No worries

ReputationRep:
    but how do you know you're even going to enjoy it...? I thought I was going to enjoy it when I starting law at uni because I took humanities subjects but I was very wrong - law is as boring as it gets. even my friends who're now graduating in law agree that it is extremely dull.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    but how do you know you're even going to enjoy it...? I thought I was going to enjoy it when I starting law at uni because I took humanities subjects but I was very wrong - law is as boring as it gets. even my friends who're now graduating in law agree that it is extremely dull.
    Tbh I've never taken a subject that I haven't enjoyed, I just like learning things in general, so I can't see why this would be much different :dontknow: I imagine there's definitely going to be less interesting bits, but the sample lectures I went to were really good

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I've never taken a subject that I haven't enjoyed, I just like learning things in general, so I can't see why this would be much different :dontknow: I imagine there's definitely going to be less interesting bits, but the sample lectures I went to were really good
    so if you enjoy potentially any subject why not something like...medicine? or business management? $
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    so if you enjoy potentially any subject why not something like...medicine? or business management? $
    I'm naturally a more creative person I think, it could have gone either way for me at A Level between sciences and humanities but I enjoyed the humanities more and I know whatever career I end up in, I'll be able to push myself to a high level/reputation/wage level because I'm very competitive

ReputationRep:
    I'm naturally a more creative person I think, it could have gone either way for me at A Level between sciences and humanities but I enjoyed the humanities more and I know whatever career I end up in, I'll be able to push myself to a high level/reputation/wage level because I'm very competitive
    how is law for a creative person though?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    how is law for a creative person though?
    Because there's a lot of problem solving aspects, and I'm not a purely creative artsy person - things like Lit and History also have lots of logic and just pure learning information involved.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You do you Gingerbread101. Law is such an excellent career :woo:

As for the unneeded negativity: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by iEthan)
    You do you Gingerbread101. Law is such an excellent career :woo:

As for the unneeded negativity: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    PRSOM :lol: Thanks, you ray of sunshine :giggle:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    #STEMbanterrace.. What use is there for law, what has law ever done for you etc.:ninja:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    #STEMbanterrace.. What use is there for law, what has law ever done for you etc.:ninja:
    Who even needs Law :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    Because there's a lot of problem solving aspects, and I'm not a purely creative artsy person - things like Lit and History also have lots of logic and just pure learning information involved.
    history and english literature are nothing like law though...? I studied history at a level and then went on to study law at uni - that's my viewpoint

ReputationRep:
    history and english literature are nothing like law though...? I studied history at a level and then went on to study law at uni - that's my viewpoint
    There are transferable skills at play, though. And I don't think your viewpoint is representative of most law students - I know plenty of law students who excel at their degree and enjoy it too. Subjectivity.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I've talked to plenty of other people who have studied similar A Levels to me and have enjoyed Law - I guess everyone is entitled to their personal likes and dislikes

ReputationRep:
    I've talked to plenty of other people who have studied similar A Levels to me and have enjoyed Law - I guess everyone is entitled to their personal likes and dislikes
    history is actually interesting though - studying law is like studying a highly complicated, often hypocritical and dry rule book.
    you can study what you want, but I'm trying to inform your decision-making here as somebody who both studied it at uni for a while and somebody whose only friends studying it do not find it fulfilling. I find my current degree fulfilling by contrast, for instance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.