Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of anyone that does WJEC History HY4? My friend needs some help and there's no resources

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a good plan for morale???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WWJoe380)
    You would only mention 1933 as that was when they consolidated power
    did you look at my reply to the original post those things hapenned in 1933-1934 i would add in the fact that the german media was under complete control by the end of 1933 but in de jure consolidation of power I think you would have to talk about the factor i highlighted and in a question about consensus talk about the factors you highlighted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp2305)
    i've come on here and realised i've literally revised everything except for what people think is going to come up LITERALLY FML
    Now just focus on golden years, morale, final solution

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a plan for a morale question? Would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please? Plan for morale?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie.humair)
    Now just focus on golden years, morale, final solution
    what about consolidation???

ReputationRep:
    everyone going on about morale please help a gal out i have no idea what to do lmao send anything on it xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sixschmidt)
    I've posted these before in the thread but here you go. Desire for war was the 2015 paper, and the Schlieffen Plan was 2011. Marks are inside.
    These are so good! Thank you so much for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the morale question for WW2 synonymous with opposition to the Nazis in WW2? Or am I wrong? My school never set us a question on morale and we've done every single question possible.

If I'm wrong could someone post their morale essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    Isn't the morale question for WW2 synonymous with opposition to the Nazis in WW2? Or am I wrong? My school never set us a question on morale and we've done every single question possible.

If I'm wrong could someone post their morale essay?
    Yeah I think you're right, morale would coincide with opposition and resistance.

ReputationRep:
    "Hitler had fully consolidated his power by the end of 1933". How far do you agree?

Who has any idea what they would put for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddso)
    "Hitler had fully consolidated his power by the end of 1933". How far do you agree?

Who has any idea what they would put for this?
    I haven't revised for Hitler at all w/e of Stresemann but you could mention:
    • Goebbels control of media.
    • SA control and intimidation as a factor.
    • Declaration of Hitler as the Fuhrerprinzip.
    • Outlawing of other parties from the Reichstag

ReputationRep:
    Any A/A* essays on the Final Solution?

ReputationRep:
    If I got a mid A last year and an A* in coursework this year what do I need for an A this year tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    In a basic Weimar Golden Years question would it simply be politically stability & instabillity, economic stability & instability, culture & social or would you have a paragraph on Stresemanns foreign policy achievements?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitbyyy)
    If I got a mid A last year and an A* in coursework this year what do I need for an A this year tomorrow?
    a C !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp2305)
    everyone going on about morale please help a gal out i have no idea what to do lmao send anything on it xx
    I'm really struggling with this as well but I guess you would talk about the following
    War against USSR-
    Outright wins by the Germans led people to doubt the regime for the first time.
    Goebble's total war speech had a few but not most in support of the war against the Soviet Union.
    Defeats in Italy, Soviet Union, Atlantic and NOrth Africa lead to contempt again t the nazi leadership.
    Hitler hiding away meant he was prone to many jokes.
    Stalingrad marked the turning point in morale

Bombing
    Done by the RAF and USAF to destroy morale and German war economy.
    300,000 Germans died
    2 million houses destroyed
    Rhineland was prone to systematic bombing so morale was low there
    Goebbels tried to give hope of a secret weapon Germans had
    He also had escapist movies produced
    Knowing that the V1 and V2 bombs are not gonna have the desire effect also has massive effect on morale
    As morale kept getting lower no nazi could attempt to save it

Early victories
    Quick offences launched in Poland which led to victory and people believed war would end soon
    A carpenter tried to kill Hitker but it didn't work and general public opinion was relief
    Britain blamed because they didn't want to end war yet so morale went down even though it had been up when the French were defeated
    Went down further when Hess went to Scitland

Rationing
    500 grammes of meat to begin with because Hitler didn't want there to be shortages in the home front which he know would destroy morale as it did in ww1.
    But it went down to 200 grammes leaving people angry which led to it being increased by 50 grammes
    Rationing was better than in Britain
    More rations provided for people with strenuous jobs
    Christmas bonus of 200 grammes of extra meat
    Shortages of clothing
    Shortages were due to ineffective distribution
    1942- shortages of soap, permits for furniture introduced, household goods rationed.
    But inflation wasn't a problem at the end of war like it was after ww1

Then I'm not sure but would you bring in opposition groups as well
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    E+B = C at AS

My history coursework is a B level.

What will I need for a B?

I'm guessing an A on this paper. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kattkin)
    In a basic Weimar Golden Years question would it simply be politically stability & instabillity, economic stability & instability, culture & social or would you have a paragraph on Stresemanns foreign policy achievements?
    Thanks
    Paragraph on Stresemann's foreign policy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.