Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the 'indicator' question I put mayfly larvae and for what it indicates I put water pollution, is that correct? Was I the only one lol because a lot of people said they put lichens and air pollution as their answer.

ReputationRep:
    Its better not to discuss answers tbh nothing can be done now. I made that mistake and its quiet stressing. ✌🏼️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That exam was horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyflowerxoxo)
    Could you have wrote:
    Blood tail maggots - polluted water
    I wrote invertebrates and polluted water so hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckyizbwth)
    The hypothesis said that all boys drank alcohol but the survey was only asking 15 year old boys- that's what I said anyway
    i wrote that,. also wrote it was only 100,000 ppl. would i lose a mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard_Newman)
    That exam was horrible
    What are your opinions on the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dangerouswoman)
    For the 'indicator' question I put mayfly larvae and for what it indicates I put water pollution, is that correct? Was I the only one lol because a lot of people said they put lichens and air pollution as their answer.
    Yes, perfect.
    In the question it specified animal, so yes. For the second part you could have put dissolved oxygen metre as a non - living indicator, given that you'd just given a living one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the question where it stated to prove why the headline may be wrong I put:

Some boys may have not drunk other alcohols

But my friend said that the correct answer would be that only 15 year old boys were tested....

ReputationRep:
    Smoking and Alcohol

1 a) legal, recreational drug
    b) The nicotine in the cigarette makes it harder for the smoker to stop smoking as it is addictive.
    c) An independent company is a company that is private and does not work along side of the government.

ReputationRep:
    I rounded 0.6666666% to 0.7% .. is that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro4TLZZ)
    i wrote that,. also wrote it was only 100,000. would i lose a mark?
    Girls drank more alcoholic drinks than boys. That's what i wrote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lüca)
    For Question 16 the mean speed would be the results added together then divided by how many results there were wouldn't it? So, 80+50 / 2 ...?
    i just worked out how they got the answer above, because if you try and work out the mean for it, it doesn't work :/ so i ended up with 1.6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lunaticash19995)
    I thought you had to times by 100
    Yeah you do, but that is the answer when you x100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliepinhorne)
    Yes it is 0.66
    But!! Did we had to round it to two decimal places so from 0.6666666666
    to o.67%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HonourableDorito)
    Yes, perfect.
    In the question it specified animal, so yes. For the second part you could have put dissolved oxygen metre as a non - living indicator, given that you'd just given a living one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did question 7 in literally 3 mins without reading the information, just the questions because I had 4 mins left of the exam...

ReputationRep:
    If you put lichen as a measurement of air pollution particularly sulphur dioxide could you say technology to measure air so instrumental analysis for the 7 b ii mark ?

ReputationRep:
    I made obvious blunders! Like on the, 'name another indicator other than the one you just answered' I wrote something like 'quadrat test for water' Pretty sure I only got 50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie1999)
    If you put lichen as a measurement of air pollution particularly sulphur dioxide could you say technology to measure air so instrumental analysis for the 7 b ii mark ?
    I wrote a guage i knowww that's wrong ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HonourableDorito)
    Yes, perfect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Great! And yes, I put dissolved oxygen metre and for the 'what does it indicate' question I put something like 'the concentration of dissolved oxygen in water which indicates the level of pollution.' I'm really worried about this exam, unit 1 biology is my strongest subject in all the sciences and I feel like I only got a C or worse on this when I got A*- Bs on my mock exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy12345heart)
    There was variation due to mutation and those had one toe? rather than more than one allowing them to run faster away from predators. They were better adapted to their environment. Hence they survived and reproduced, passing on the successful gene to offspring.
    I would have related it to the context that the ground hardened so they had no need for a large surface area to prevent sinking.
    Mutation
    More likely to survive
    Reproduction
    Pass on gene
    ^as the other key points

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.