Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discuss)
    how did people find the upper bound needed to find the area of s ?
    The curve touched the X axis at two points. One of them was 0 and the other one, to find out what it was you needed to sub in y = 0 into the equation which would give you a value for x

(Original post by Darkseid1234)
    Did anyone else get P is 66? How are people getting 120?
    When you differentiated the equation, and made it equal to 0, you get an answer of X = 16.63. If you sub that value of X back into the equation for P, you get an answer of P = 120

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaiyattt)
    The curve touched the X axis at two points. One of them was 0 and the other one, to find out what it was you needed to sub in y = 0 into the equation which would give you a value for x

When you differentiated the equation, and made it equal to 0, you get an answer of X = 16.63. If you sub that value of X back into the equation for P, you get an answer of P = 120
    I defo did that and got 66 and people I spoke to got similar answers as well.
    I can't remember the exact equation for P feel free to remind me but i'm sure it was 66

ReputationRep:
    Actually the equation for P was 1000/X+X/12(4pi+36-3root3)

ReputationRep:

I substituted X into a formula do you reckon i'll get a method for substituting even though it may have been the wrong formula?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the upper bound X coordinate for the 7b integration question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10moorej)
    Does anyone remember the upper bound X coordinate for the 7b integration question?
    I think it was 9, I think the answer was 243/10 or 24.3

ReputationRep:
    Solutions:
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf C2 S16 Solution (L) (1).pdf (89.9 KB, 554 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hi I think there's a mistake in this on question 1c... The difference is definitely not 256 haha. It looks like just an oversight, accidentally putting the answer from 1B there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polkadotapples)
    Hi I think there's a mistake in this on question 1c... The difference is definitely not 256 haha. It looks like just an oversight, accidentally putting the answer from 1B there
    Yh I didn't make it but I realised. I think it should be 1.602?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just checked it and that's right (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    for the log question, how many marks out of 4 would i get if make y=2x and gettting 1.38 as the final answer.
    y^7=7y
    y^6=7
    y=1.38

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAFF2400)
    This video really sums up the C2 exam...

That was absolutely hilarious!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreadPirateArsey)
    Here's my unofficial mark scheme, with the actual questions.
    Wow, fantastic! Thanks so much

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1 I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That markscheme has actually given me confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DW4)
    That was absolutely hilarious!!
    Thank you so much means a lot! I'm glad you liked it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkseid1234)
    Did anyone else get P is 66? How are people getting 120?
    (Original post by discuss)
    how did people find the upper bound needed to find the area of s ?
    (Original post by 10moorej)
    Model solutions here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAFF2400)
    Thank you so much means a lot! I'm glad you liked it
    how the hell was 9 the upper limit . i substituted 0 into the equation and got 4 ?

ReputationRep:

u don't have to make y=0 bec they already give you the x-axis which is 0,4

and event if you make y=0 the answer will be the same 4 by using the log concept

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 17, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.