Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't round my answers (eg 10.44 or even better 0.829936) will that cause marks to be deducted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Did question 5 ask to take moments about A? How many marks would you lose for finding R in terms of F?
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    If anyone remembers the questions I can put up as many as I can. Here's three I remembered Q1, Q3 and Q5.

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    Pretty sure that was part of how you got expressions for both. You created simultaneous equations (indeed one of which was finding F in terms of R) and then solved there. So they'd probably give you a few method marks

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was 2b?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whilst everyone is at it...
    Just need a second opinion:
    Will this get the A*?

M3 75
    FP2 61
    M2 71

Or do I need to sweat S2 and FP3?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=zandneger;65875252]
    Got all the same but couldn't get e in the final question (also only worked out distance from origin for lamina question but oh well) if some one could explain that would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 130398)
    If I didn't round my answers (eg 10.44 or even better 0.829936) will that cause marks to be deducted?
    Whenever g does not cancel you will be deducted.

But only upto once per question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NamelessPersona)
    I really hope it is and that I get 62 as I need 85 UMS in M2 and S2 to get an A* in Further.
    Is it not 90 ums in M2 and S2 for an A*?
    I'm trying for A* FM next year, and I was always told it was 90 ums in a FP module (2 or 3) and 90 in two other A2 modules (FP or applied).

If you're right, then my life is just that little bit easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Pretty sure that was part of how you got expressions for both. You created simultaneous equations (indeed one of which was finding F in terms of R) and then solved there. So they'd probably give you a few method marks
    Well I took moments about B to get R in terms of F then resolved vertically and horizontally to get 2 equations. I cancelled the Ps by dividing and subbed R into my expression for F to get the correct answer for F but I forgot to substitute this back into R to eliminate the F. I've just checked and if I did that I would have gotten the correct answer for R.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Whenever g does not cancel you will be deducted.

But only upto once per question.
    What do you mean? Say I got 10.44 for the speed or whatever it was is that -1 mark for essentially being more accurate? I didn't round the center of mass from AD either, I think I left it at 4 decimal points at least; will that deduct me marks too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLegion)
    I'm trying for A* FM next year, and I was always told it was 90 ums in a FP module (2 or 3) and 90 in two other A2 modules (FP or applied).

Nope it's 90 across any 3 A2 modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)
    Anyone think this enough for an A*? M2: 75/75. M3: 68/75. FP2: 66/75?
    YES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLegion)

Need 90 average across 3 A2 modules for Further (eg in S2, M2 and FP2) and 80 UMS overall.

ReputationRep:
    Well I took moments about B to get R in terms of F then resolved vertically and horizontally to get 2 equations. I cancelled the Ps by dividing and subbed R into my expression for F to get the correct answer for F but I forgot to substitute this back into R to eliminate the F. I've just checked and if I did that I would have gotten the correct answer for R.
    Okay then yeah you'd get a few of method marks

ReputationRep:
    I had very weird answers for the majority of the questions. I genuinely repeated the projectiles question several times because I didn't believe lambda was as obscure as 30/7.

I agree with most of the majority's results though, which makes me very happy!

ReputationRep:
    Okay then yeah you'd get a few of method marks
    And no accuracy marks for getting F correct?

ReputationRep:
    And no accuracy marks for getting F correct?
    Did you eliminate R from the equation?

EDIT: so yeah you would

ReputationRep:
    All I need in this exam is about 47-48/75 (then a similar grade in FP3), I'm worried I haven't even got that. Questions that seemed to go well were: 1a, 2a, 3, 4, 5. How many marks would anyone reckon this would be?

ReputationRep:
    Did you eliminate R from the equation?

EDIT: so yeah you would
    Yeah I got F with no Rs. It's not gonna be above 70 for 90 ums right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2016

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.