Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Official GCSE Results Day 2016 Thread (TODAY!) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    How many pages do you think they'll be on this thread come the 25th; I guess anywhere between 35-50.
    Last year's thread had around 300 pages I think. I reckon there will be around 90-100

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Last year's thread had around 300 pages I think. I reckon there will be around 90-100
    Is this the one where the grade boundaries get released as well?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by beth.rose)
    For language, yeah
    Thanks but I doubt my school will only give us 1 result so probably have to wait till 25th

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How many pages do you think they'll be on this thread come the 25th; I guess anywhere between 35-50.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this the one where the grade boundaries get released as well?
    There was a separate thread for grade boundaries, but many people spoke about it on the main results thread. I'm probably going to make a grade boundary thread in the next few days if no one makes one.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: 7A*s 1A 2Bs ( )

Happy but kinda sad. One B is 1% off an A so I'm remarking it, or retaking the exam. The other B is ok, I don't mind. Missing the 80% A* ration for Oxford though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)

Happy but kinda sad. One B is 1% off an A so I'm remarking it, or retaking the exam. The other B is ok, I don't mind. Missing the 80% A* ration for Oxford though :/
    guessing you did iGCSE?
    congrats tho, they're still really good results so you should be proud of them what are you doing next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    guessing you did iGCSE?
    congrats tho, they're still really good results so you should be proud of them what are you doing next year?
    Thank you. And yes I did do IGCSE. I was expecting 4A*s 4As 2Bs in my most possible scenario so it's better than I thought.
    I'm doing IB with Maths chemistry Bio and German as my HLs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoberrain)
    Getting CIE results on the 11th (Sciences and History) ...

What I'm expecting:
    History: A/A*
    Biology: A/A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A

French: A*
    Spanish: A*
    English Lang: A/B - that's the one I'm most scared about
    English Lit: A/A*

I already have A*s in Maths and German.

I'm scared and curious at the same time, I neeeeedddd to find outtt
    A* for the first four!!!!!!!

And now we wait for the rest on the 25th..

ReputationRep:
    A* for the first four!!!!!!!

And now we wait for the rest on the 25th..
    Amazing!! Good luck to you

ReputationRep:

WOW well !! Still very good x

ReputationRep:

Amazing!! You should be so proud of yourself Isn't the 80% thing just an average, because if so, that means people would have got less than 80% too

ReputationRep:
    Amazing!! Good luck to you
    Thank you

Does anyone know where to find the CIE grade threshold tables for this year?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Does anyone know where to find the CIE grade threshold tables for this year?
    They're popping up here, there and everywhere! I'm currently searching so I can make them available for TSR, hopefully someone posts the papers, mark schemes and grade boundaries for all IGCSE subjects soon. All I can find at the minute is A-level and O-level.

ReputationRep:

Congratulations on your amazing results! Don't feel as though you won't make it into oxford because you didn't reach an average, there is so much variation and you could still stand an awesome chance! Lots of people on TSR are keen to guide you along every step of your application and support you, don't give up on your dream just yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Amazing!! You should be so proud of yourself Isn't the 80% thing just an average, because if so, that means people would have got less than 80% too
    That is true! I hope to at least try and apply there since it is kinda the dream. Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm trying to give myself some credit but it's a bit hard as of now haha
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Am I the only one wishing I just knew my grades now?

I'd rather know what I'm dealing with next year and be able to decide if I'm good enough for my A levels early in August rather than the last Thursday of August. Because then you've only got less than 2 weeks to make some big decisions if you need to. A level students have 4 weeks (because university starts generally later). Also, in A level, your university you've applied for knows your results before you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    Yeah true, I might just hide in the toilet for a while ha ha. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Loool, good luck to you too

ReputationRep:

Congratulations on your results! That's amazing :congrats:
    As for Oxford, there are many other factors that they consider when accepting candidates so don't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    Am I the only one wishing I just knew my grades now?

I'd rather know what I'm dealing with next year and be able to decide if I'm good enough for my A levels early in August rather than the last Thursday of August. Because then you've only got less than 2 weeks to make some big decisions if you need to. A level students have 4 weeks (because university starts generally later). Also, in A level, your university you've applied for knows your results before you do.
    I wanted to know since forever but GCSE students have to wait the longest
    It's probably because we take more exams and more people do GCSEs than A Levels. I'm sure you'll be fine though

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.