Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    I remember you were having a discussion with JohnGreek and me, but you didn't believe us. Here is the evidence now.
    As i mentioned in the comment i now understand, I'll admit if I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Any information on BMS?

ReputationRep:
    Very good predicted grades.

Both of you are doing IB, what a coincidence...
    What are you trying to suggest about IB...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thirdcultureteen)
    I think he's saying that they might be doing a round of IB offers/rejections first, since no one with A Levels has heard back yet (that we know of). He wasn't downtalking IB - a prediction of 45/45 is insane. Only about 120 people worldwide even scored that high last year iirc. It just goes to show the value of the personal statement when applying to LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    I think he's saying that they might be doing a round of IB offers/rejections first, since no one with A Levels has heard back yet (that we know of). He wasn't downtalking IB - a prediction of 45/45 is insane. Only about 120 people worldwide even scored that high last year iirc. It just goes to show the value of the personal statement when applying to LSE.
    Oh god 5 people has been advising me when I wrote it and 3 more read it and I still think it's no way good enough for LSE 😭😭

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood!

Oh gosh the idea that they're doing IB offers/rejections first is quite scary.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just meant it was odd how both applicants were IB students. They both had decent predictions as well.
    I didn't mean in the bad way at all. Many offer holders will have done IB. IB offerholders will be way more than you might expect. I am basing this on last year and the fact that LSE takes fairly large amount international applicants compared to other universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECK!!)
    Oh god 5 people has been advising me when I wrote it and 3 more read it and I still think it's no way good enough for LSE 😭😭
    I think with LSE there is an element of luck to the application, even more so than Oxbridge since you don't have entrance exams and interviews to differentiate yourself. As long as you've shown that you have the relevant skills and interest in the subject needed for the degree, as well as any outside reading, work experience, and relevant extra curriculars there isn't really much more you can do. Applying to universities as competitive as this is a gamble - it may pay off or it may be a wasted UCAS slot. But you never know until you try so we all just have to wait and hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just meant it was odd how both applicants were IB students. They both had decent predictions as well.
    I didn't mean in the bad way at all. Many offer holders will have done IB. IB offerholders will be way more than you might expect. I am basing this on last year and the fact that LSE takes fairly large amount international applicants compared to other universities.
    I don't think that implies that they like IB students more though. A levels (in my experience, so this may be wrong) is less common internationally than IB. And apologies for misunderstanding you!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that implies that they like IB students more though. A levels (in my experience, so this may be wrong) is less common internationally than IB. And apologies for misunderstanding you!
    It is alright, no worries.
    Yeah, A-Level students will be more than IB students for sure. I just meant that IB offer holders are also common, so it wont be hard to find IB offer holders.

ReputationRep:
    I think with LSE there is an element of luck to the application, even more so than Oxbridge since you don't have entrance exams and interviews to differentiate yourself. As long as you've shown that you have the relevant skills and interest in the subject needed for the degree, as well as any outside reading, work experience, and relevant extra curriculars there isn't really much more you can do. Applying to universities as competitive as this is a gamble - it may pay off or it may be a wasted UCAS slot. But you never know until you try so we all just have to wait and hope for the best!
    Aww thank you for the comforting message, good luck to us all xx Anyone applying to management just out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    It is alright, no worries.
    Yeah, A-Level students will be more than IB students for sure. I just meant that IB offer holders are also common, so it wont be hard to find IB offer holders.
    Hi! I am also an IB Student
    However I don't have a 45/45 prediction (just 41...)
    I got more than a week ago an email from LSE saying my application will be transferred to the Admission Selector for the BSc in Economics and Economic History.

In my opinion, LSE is making an initial clearing between applicants they like and that will be compared to the rest of the applications being sent, and those they do not want I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying to BSc Acturial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unijunkie422)
    Anyone applying to BSc Acturial?
    Im applying BMS in the same department.

ReputationRep:
    Nice! What are your grades like, if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! What are your grades like, if you dont mind me asking?
    Predicted A*AA in economics,maths,further maths.
    AS Levels - AAAB
    GCSE - A*A*AAAAABB

They are fairly standard grades, but I am relying heavily on my personal statement which i think is very strong, and on my finacial internships, charity work and passion for the area.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Already done my alevels. Met my condition for UCL Chem Eng last year but decided i didnt wanna do engineering.

Alevels: AAA Maths, Phy, Chem
    GCSE: A*A*AAAABBC

Do you think my GCSEs will screw me over big time?

ReputationRep:
    Already done my alevels. Met my condition for UCL Chem Eng last year but decided i didnt wanna do engineering.

They won't reject someone just because of GCSE grades, unless maybe if your BBC is in a relevant subject like Maths, which I doubt it is the case for you, so you should be fine.
    I did IGCSE, so I don't know how strong your grades are compared to other GCSE students.

ReputationRep:

One thing i will say and this will get you into Acturial, I'm very sure of this. In your PS always link back the academic points to why you want to do actuary,trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Sure, I got 11A*s at GCSE, 4 As at AS and predicted 3 A*s at A2. hbu?
    Jheeze. Not as good as you lol.
    GCSE: 4A*s 6As 1B
    AS-Level: only did one Geog-A
    Predicted A*AA

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.