The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    team is The Beach @ Redpoint, now languishing in 29th. Though a goal or two from Aguero tomorrow and i should race back up into the top 15 or so.

As much as i'd love Defoe or Gray, i'm really not sure there's a suitable midfielder to downgrade from, or to, so i think i'm going to hold firm with Mahrez, Hazard, Barkley as my core 3. It would be lovely at £7.5 if Cazorla retains his place, but only time will tell there
    I think you're suffering slightly because of Mahrez underperforming. You have four big players in there which is swallowing up all your money. Diamonde won't do anything, so Mahrez/Diamonde to Defoe or Negredo or Benteke might be worth a shout, because then you're getting two decent players (if you choose a good midfield replacement) which I think is important to your team because you're having to play a cheap player in your team because of the four big players.

Tricky. I like your team, though.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Up to 2nd in the league but the guy top has Negredo as well as all the players I have, so won't be gaining anything. First time in 12 years I've not started like an idiot. Two FT so I think Firmino and Gray out for Benteke and someone else half decent. Very relieved Benteke didn't go crazy today as I was very tempted - didn't think Gray would do anything and I reckon he will be suspended for Hull at home. Benteke could/should be on pens.
    That would be me Completely forgot I still had him to play tbh, thought Boro had played today for some reason.

Sanchez is unobtainable for me, i'm not dropping Hazard even with Chelsea's tough set of fixtures. Logical thing to do would be to update Firmino to Ozil and sort out my defence. I want Baines now he's back on penalties.

Also, for Jakupovic owners, Hull have agreed a fee for David Marshall.

ReputationRep:
    Shay Given gets 3 BPs despite scoring an OG from the penalty that he saved.

ReputationRep:
    FML penalty misses - Benteke would've had an assist (3 points) and Mahrez instead of 0 points, would have had at least 7 points.

10 points missed

ReputationRep:
    What are people's thoughts on Cazorla? He was magnificent yesterday, and corners from the left, free kicks and penalties. Will he cement a starting position in 4 out of 5 games?

Another player i'm monitoring is Willian, who is clearly first 11, with corners and free kicks too*

ReputationRep:
    This international break can't come sooner.

I have 4 players at "75% chance of playing" so the hope is they don't play for their countries and are fit when we return.

Really don't wanna use my WC this early, although it's been a bloody awful start for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    This international break can't come sooner.

I have 4 players at "75% chance of playing" so the hope is they don't play for their countries and are fit when we return.

Really don't wanna use my WC this early, although it's been a bloody awful start for me...
    Never believe any injury reports you see just before international week. A lot of them are just the managers saying "we don't want you playing in a pointless friendly and risking injury against some cloggers".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    I think you're suffering slightly because of Mahrez underperforming. You have four big players in there which is swallowing up all your money. Diamonde won't do anything, so Mahrez/Diamonde to Defoe or Negredo or Benteke might be worth a shout, because then you're getting two decent players (if you choose a good midfield replacement) which I think is important to your team because you're having to play a cheap player in your team because of the four big players.

Tricky. I like your team, though.*
    It's very tricky. I'm really not keen on the routes people are taking to find that third striker. Both Fer and Redmond are a bit questionable imo, and despite Lamela's decent stats, he has no set pieces of pens - a couple of blanks and I think people will be getting very itchy.*

The big question here is whether Mahrez gets taken off penalties. If he does then, *- at the rate Leicester win them - that's a stack of points and bonus points lost and I need to look elsewhere. **

ReputationRep:
    It's very tricky. I'm really not keen on the routes people are taking to find that third striker. Both Fer and Redmond are a bit questionable imo, and despite Lamela's decent stats, he has no set pieces of pens - a couple of blanks and I think people will be getting very itchy.*

The big question here is whether Mahrez gets taken off penalties. If he does then, *- at the rate Leicester win them - that's a stack of points and bonus points lost and I need to look elsewhere. **
    No serious player will get Fer especially with Swansea's upcoming fixtures.

I've worked out a way to get Benteke & Ozil in without gimping my team too much. Frustrating because I want Liverpool attacking coverage but i'm not dropping Aguero, Zlatan or Hazard.

ReputationRep:
    Kane, Firmino and a few others have to go for me, I just can't tell if it's best to spread the cash more evenly or just get premium price players and fill in the gaps with decent but cheapish players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    No serious player will get Fer especially with Swansea's upcoming fixtures.

I've worked out a way to get Benteke & Ozil in without gimping my team too much. Frustrating because I want Liverpool attacking coverage but i'm not dropping Aguero, Zlatan or Hazard.

Picking a Liverpool midfielder looks a headache i'd rather avoid. Plus none of them are on pens.*I'm also not touching Ozil while Cazorla may be on the pitch.

If Sterling picks up points today then he could be an option. He's looking nailed and potentially good value at 8.1 if he can get in the goals

ReputationRep:
    Having Fraser Forster and Foster(WBA) has been the worst choice in my whole life.

Wild card next gwk

ReputationRep:
    Damn, Negredo didn't score :/

ReputationRep:
    One thing that confuses me as I'm using my wildcard this week, if I sell a player do I get the value I paid for him or his current value?

ReputationRep:

Picking a Liverpool midfielder looks a headache i'd rather avoid. Plus none of them are on pens.*I'm also not touching Ozil while Cazorla may be on the pitch.

If Sterling picks up points today then he could be an option. He's looking nailed and potentially good value at 8.1 if he can get in the goals
    If you want a Liverpool player, Mané is probably the way to go - he looks absolutely fantastic, although he's fairly pricey and will go to AFCON don't forget.

I'm gonna ditch Payet obviously and depending on what happens today, Sterling is looking likely to be the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    If you want a Liverpool player, Mané is probably the way to go - he looks absolutely fantastic, although he's fairly pricey and will go to AFCON don't forget.

I'm gonna ditch Payet obviously and depending on what happens today, Sterling is looking likely to be the way to go.
    All looking a bit worrying on the Payet front.

Feeling a little luckier today as Snoddy's injury sounds like it isn't serious, and with Negredo blanking, and Gray and now Lamela staring down the barrel of suspensions i think i'm best advised to not panic about downgrading Mahrez to a third playable striker.

I like Mane a lot, but he plays like an angry, one-winged wasp. And I can't see him being a better option than Mahrez, even at .6 cheaper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Monk)
    One thing that confuses me as I'm using my wildcard this week, if I sell a player do I get the value I paid for him or his current value?
    Current value.

ReputationRep:
    All looking a bit worrying on the Payet front.

Feeling a little luckier today as Snoddy's injury sounds like it isn't serious, and with Negredo blanking, and Gray and now Lamela staring down the barrel of suspensions i think i'm best advised to not panic about downgrading Mahrez to a third playable striker.

I like Mane a lot, but he plays like an angry, one-winged wasp. And I can't see him being a better option than Mahrez, even at .6 cheaper
    Mané always has the worry I getting a second yellow because he always operates at full throttle.

That being said, he's been our main source of creation and will assist and score all season long. In a team that counters as good as Liverpool, Mané is a much better option than Mahrez in a struggling Leicester...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mané always has the worry I getting a second yellow because he always operates at full throttle.

That being said, he's been our main source of creation and will assist and score all season long
    1 goal and 0 assists in three doesn't suggest that. And he wasn't that player at Saints either*

Christ i'm glad i've got Aguero (C)*

ReputationRep:
    Sterling on the goals. Looks like there's an option

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.