A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alphadelta)
    Those aren't your raw marks, they're the UCAS points you get for a B grade- an A is worth 135.
    Ohhh right, okay, thanks! c:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren-x-)
    Results
    • Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A.
    • Further Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A.
    Comments and reactions
    Pretty pleased! I'm a little disappointed that I got 86 UMS for FP1 as I got 100 on the 3 applied modules and core 1 & 94 on core 2...I'm nervous for fp2 next year.

For AQA Further Maths, what are the requirements for an A*? Thanks!

My school didn't enter us for the physics or history AS and instead we did these 'in-house' tests and coursework...I think my school are a little tight. :tea:

Future ambitions
    Hoping to study maths at Cambridge, but unsure exactly what I want to do after that. :llama:
    How were you predicted an A* at AS when the highest in an A?
    Or is it because you were doing so good that they knew you'd get A* at the end of A2 and hence predicted you it XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Because that AS has no bearing on your A Level. The AS is a one year course, the A Level is a two year course, that's three years crammed into two. You're not supposed to be doing that, but a lot of schools and colleges are doing it and I don't think it is fair.
    But everything you learn in AS is relevant to the A level course as a whole??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academia153)
    WJEC
    English Lit: 193/200 UMS = A
    History: 200/200 UMS = A
    French: 180/200 UMS = A
    Maths: 282/300 UMS = A
    Well done those are amazing results! I don't think hardly anyone got 4 A's at my sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Predicted straight A but achieved BAAA ; biology, chemistry, maths and further maths respectively .

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else seen their school get really awful results across the board or is that just mine?

Wondering if the exam boards have decreased the % of A's they're giving out but it doesn't look like that's the case on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Biology : Predicted A/ Achieved A
    • Chemistry : Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Maths:Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Spanish: Predicted A/ Achieved A
    • Italian: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions : I was literally shocked. Never expected 5A's, it was like a dream come true. I thought I completely failed AQA Chemistry as the first paper was impossible. Maths got 98/100 in C1, 95/100 in C2 and 81/100 in S1 (might resit the module)

Future ambitions: Hopefully medicine, I'm thinking of applying to UCL, King's , Queen Mary and Imperial.

Congratulations to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    When's the last day for a remark please???

ReputationRep:
    Why would you resist getting 81/100 in s1 please 😂😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Maths - A
    (C1 98/100, C2 90/100, D1 94/100)
    Further Maths - A
    (FP1 83/100, S1 100/100, S2 98/100) - messed up FP1
    Geography - A
    Music - A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella909)
    But everything you learn in AS is relevant to the A level course as a whole??
    Yes it's two years work idk where 3 comes from. It's just we have to try and remember last year's work as well as this years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got 4A's in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Maths (IAL)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    26th August for AQA as far as I know. Don't know about the other exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    26th August for AQA as far as I know. Don't know about the other exam boards.
    Here's a slightly confusing flowchart which has the dates and fees on it: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/pdf/AQA-...-FLOWCHART.PDF

ReputationRep:
    I had a nightmare that I misread a B as an A and thought I'd got AAAA when really I'd got AAAB. Then I woke up and checked and it was still AAAA. Scary.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone on her who has done one of the reformed A Levels have any idea as to how we enter the AS grade on UCAS given the qualification name doesn't appear? There is no option for my history course at AS (only A2) so I don't know where to enter my grade...

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • English Language (A2!): Predicted A / Achieved A
    • English Literature: Predicted A / Achieved B
    • History: Predicted C / Achieved C
    Comments and reactions
    Really happy overall! Tad disappointed with Literature but I have to redo the exams anyway because they're post reform so it doesn't matter too much. I got an A in my only A2 (Carried over from when I moved college last year) so I'm really pleased!

Future ambitions
    Hopefully get my grades up to AAA/AAB this year, take up the EPQ as I'm only doing two A2s now having finished Language and get an offer from York for English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    AQA right?
    Edexcel maths, AQA physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    Edexcel maths, AQA physics
    Rotfl. I got a C for AQA Physics as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJ1215)
    Does anyone on her who has done one of the reformed A Levels have any idea as to how we enter the AS grade on UCAS given the qualification name doesn't appear? There is no option for my history course at AS (only A2) so I don't know where to enter my grade...
    Hey, I clicked 'add qualifications' on the Education section and selected 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary' - I added Sociology but History also appears on this list. I've listed my AS Sociology as a separate qualification from A-level Sociology for now (just put the grade as 'pending' on A-level). Hope this makes sense and sorry if it's not what you asked!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.