Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Do you have any part days/training days in a school when you're at uni? If so, those count.
    I am starting one soon - where can I find assignment questions or examples of some so I can prepare?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I am quite confident with making the first move so I think I will at some point. If he says no then oh well at least I asked. And it's a compliment for him. Who knows. Now just to break something then I can get him alone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Use tech in your lesson, pretend to break it and hope the right tech comes out to help you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for the place I really really like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Ooh congratulations! What does it involve? xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Use tech in your lesson, pretend to break it and hope the right tech comes out to help you!
    I'm not gonna ask him out in front of the kids! :lol:

And oog when's the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pineapple pie)
    Ooh congratulations! What does it involve? xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No idea yet. Only had a warning phone call so I can get cover for Monday and they're going to email me all of the details.

I'm not gonna ask him out in front of the kids! :lol:

And oog when's the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you not step out to talk to technicians? Pretend to be practicing for an observation. We are now all routing for you!

Monday. I am beyond terrified.

ReputationRep:
    No idea yet. Only had a warning phone call so I can get cover for Monday and they're going to email me all of the details.

Do you not step out to talk to technicians? Pretend to be practicing for an observation. We are now all routing for you!

Monday. I am beyond terrified.
    No I don't. I've never needed them in a lesson. I'm having doubts now - I mean how awkward will it be if he says no and I've got see him for the rest of my placement!

Oh good luck! Keep us updated. I'm hoping to get an interview next week for a school I'm really interested in. Monday isn't too bad though , gives you some time to prepare for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisar31)
    I am starting one soon - where can I find assignment questions or examples of some so I can prepare?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. Sorry, long day in school.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any current (or prospective!) PGDE students at or going to Glasgow, Strathclyde or Edinburgh university to study a PGDE? I'm a mature student looking to apply to these universities next year and I wanted to know what it's like to study there doing a PGDE, pros and cons of each, any good/bad things you've heard about them? I'll be going to the open days but it would be nice to get an idea beforehand - thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No I don't. I've never needed them in a lesson. I'm having doubts now - I mean how awkward will it be if he says no and I've got see him for the rest of my placement!

Oh good luck! Keep us updated. I'm hoping to get an interview next week for a school I'm really interested in. Monday isn't too bad though , gives you some time to prepare for it.
    They haven't sent the task through yet but it's a school I really really want to work at. KS4 and 5 only and it's a science and tech college so completely brilliant.

It'll be good even if it's just for experience though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm being observed by three adults tomorrow and I've made a mistake in today's marking! It is an inconsequential mistake for the children (it's not to do with marking their work right or wrong) but I have been writing subtraction instead of addition for about 10 books! I know the tutors will check the books tomorrow and am dreading their reaction
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm being observed by three adults tomorrow and I've made a mistake in today's marking! It is an inconsequential mistake for the children (it's not to do with marking their work right or wrong) but I have been writing subtraction instead of addition for about 10 books! I know the tutors will check the books tomorrow and am dreading their reaction
    Correct them in the morning before school?

ReputationRep:

Tippex is your friend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Correct them in the morning before school?

(Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    Tippex is your friend!
    I'm going to have to do something like that, but crossing out or tippex in pupils' books is a HUGE no-no for my uni. I'm dreading them pointing it out!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to do something like that, but crossing out or tippex in pupils' books is a HUGE no-no for my uni. I'm dreading them pointing it out!
    You're a human being. The kids are allowed to correct mistakes. So should you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with you on that. Do you only have 5 weeks left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes hun - 4 after these 2 days thank GOD!!!!

I had such a crap day today, no other words to describe it aside from a pile of poo.

All this drama about social media and spreading pictures etc
    I couldn't control the class 4 weeks from the end you'f think I'd manage to do that much - seems not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisar31)
    Assignments vary a lot between unis. So it's hard to say what your assignments will be. Even then they can change drastically year to year so preparing much is a bad idea as you could end up making mistakes based on last years rules.

Also relax and enjoy yourself. If you want to do something reading some papers should give you a flavour but honestly, its not necessary.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I asked out the ICT guy and he looked very eager and said yeah, gave me his number.

I didn't really think things through though. I've Just got out of a long term relationship and I thought I might end up back with him after a break. Now I'm thinking I'd like to date a bit more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I asked out the ICT guy and he looked very eager and said yeah, gave me his number.

I didn't really think things through though. I've Just got out of a long term relationship and I thought I might end up back with him after a break. Now I'm thinking I'd like to date a bit more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hooray! Go for it! Theres no harm in going on a date, thats not a life long commitment!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So excited for you! As Ratchit99 said, no harm in a date! Let us know how it goes!

I am drowning in work at the moment, but feeling optimistic. Half way through a week of assessments and presentations at uni, and well on my way with planning for next week. I can do this!! (I hope.. lol)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.