Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If Suarez really wants to go, he knows there is concrete interest so he needs to hand in his transfer request now. Would be happy if we got him for 40-49M. 50-60M would be overpaying but I'd be relieved that we finally signed a world class player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    If Suarez really wants to go, he knows there is concrete interest so he needs to hand in his transfer request now. Would be happy if we got him for 40-49M. 50-60M would be overpaying but I'd be relieved that we finally signed a world class player.
    He's apparently allowed to discuss with AFC now so I reckon he'll try to suss us out to see whether we'll pay what's required to get him. If he thinks we wont pay enough anyway, he's not going to **** the bed by throwing a moody with LFC. But I could easily see him handing one in if AFC give him a wink and a nod.

ReputationRep:
    Do people from Uruguay speak the same Spanish spoken in Spain???

if so I could see the attraction

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool have rejected Arsenal's improved offer of just over £40m for Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez. BBC

ReputationRep:
    The Liverpool owner is deep.

ReputationRep:
    lol at the £40m + £1 offer from arsenal, wenger is the ultimate troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    lol at the £40m + £1 offer from arsenal, wenger is the ultimate troll.
    It reminds of that trick you can do in football manager to buy a player that's too expensive. Pay £1 up front and then spread £40m over the course of 36 months, but it still registers as a £41m transfer.

Would be funny if that's what Wenger tried to do
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kyle~)
    Seriously guys get real. You have no chance with Suarez. He's either staying with us for another year, or he'll be off to Bayern/Real; which is a career leap. Why would he want to move sideways and join Arsenal where he also has to stay in England? I'll have a good old laugh looking back at some of these comments come Sept 1st when Suarez will not be an Arsenal player. Madrid are still favourites to sign him without even making a bid!:lol:
    I don't think Arsenal will sign him either but how exactly is it a sideways move? They've finished at least 10 points above Liverpool in each of the last 4 seasons despite them spending over £200m on transfer fees :lol: Arsenal can offer Champions League football. Liverpool are nowhere near that at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ings-list.html

Some info about tv money and bonus money earnt by each of the English clubs last year in the CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I don't think Arsenal will sign him either but how exactly is it a sideways move? They've finished at least 10 points above Liverpool in each of the last 4 seasons despite them spending over £200m on transfer fees :lol: Arsenal can offer Champions League football. Liverpool are nowhere near that at the moment.
    The only people who think it's a sideways move are Liverpool fans, who are stuck in this 'big club' mentality despite very little evidence to support that. Newcastle fans had to deal with the same adjustment, Liverpool are just slower at understanding that their team isn't competitive and won't be for a number of years yet at the very least.

With Arsenal starting to flex financial power (which I think will continue over the next few seasons), it's difficult to see how the top 4 will become dislodged, with Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea already spending supermillions on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I can't believe Napoli are on the verge of signing Higuain. Soo much politics with Arsenal regarding signings.

ReputationRep:
    The sooner we can get suarez or someone similar the sooner we can focus on our other targets. I don't understand why they can't pursue all their targets at the same time instead of just focusing on suarez. Something tells me that if he did join, it wouldn't be for another 2-3 weeks and that would mean other signings would miss the whole preseason.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez ain't coming :laugh: just can't understand why wenger isn't pursuing more realistic targets

Martinez, soldaldo would be more realistic and achievable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    The sooner we can get suarez or someone similar the sooner we can focus on our other targets. I don't understand why they can't pursue all their targets at the same time instead of just focusing on suarez. Something tells me that if he did join, it wouldn't be for another 2-3 weeks and that would mean other signings would miss the whole preseason.
    Who says we aren't focussing on other targets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Suarez ain't coming :laugh: just can't understand why wenger isn't pursuing more realistic targets
    Of course he is. Why would he tell you about it?

ReputationRep:
    Can we all just take a moment to appreciate what Spurs are capable of without Bale? :cool:

(Original post by Boner in joggers)
    Who says we aren't focussing on other targets?
    :ditto: Wenger does deals under the radar all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    Can we all just take a moment to appreciate what Spurs are capable of without Bale? :cool:
    Actually buying a striker?

ReputationRep:
    If we do end up buying Suarez and it's indicative of our future spending, it's really going to put the squeeze on City/Chelsea and any other team that's struggling to make FFP or turn over profits. They're never going to be able to spend as freely as the past few years and now it seems like Arsenal are sitting on a heap on money, the tables could be turned, with Arsenal being able to outspend other clubs due to making huge profits, just like Bayern Munich.

Even if FFP doesn't affect them so bad, Arsenal are still in a great position to hopefully not be building up debt in order to stay competitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Actually buying a striker?
    I was referring to Sunderland beating them 3-1 haha

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.