Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    The feedback from those who have been to games is that our players seem petrified about shooting. This is the kind of guff that plagued us under Pressley and it worries me to be relying on a creaky defence to get results. Still I will reserve judgment for now though there has to be an improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3 games in the league, 0 goals! Need to shoot more often and generally take the chances created. Saying that- the Bury game yesterday saw the Sky Blues end the game with 0 shots on target!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    3 games in the league, 0 goals! Need to shoot more often and generally take the chances created. Saying that- the Bury game yesterday saw the Sky Blues end the game with 0 shots on target!
    Reminds me of a Pressley game with the same statistic. I'm not expecting an Armstrong but strikers have to be ruthless or at least ambitious in taking chances. Saying that these are very early days and I would rather we end the season on fire as opposed to a repeat of last year's debacle after a racing start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of a Pressley game with the same statistic. I'm not expecting an Armstrong but strikers have to be ruthless or at least ambitious in taking chances. Saying that these are very early days and I would rather we end the season on fire as opposed to a repeat of last year's debacle after a racing start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Post Xmas slump was alarming. Would rather pick up form towards the end of the season and go for a push for the play offs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    Post Xmas slump was alarming. Would rather pick up form towards the end of the season and go for a push for the play offs.
    Another **** show today. Must be nice giving morale boosts to the rest of the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great win for Wolves today. 8 from 4 is playoff stuff which is a realistic aim for the club.
    Can't really tell how you'll do until after 10 games though.

ReputationRep:
    Another **** show today. Must be nice giving morale boosts to the rest of the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A point today would have been good but a bad mistake and it all goes down the drain very quickly.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Shock today to see Leeds beat Sheffield Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    4 wins from 4 :banana:

ReputationRep:
    We're top of the league, TOP OF THE LEAAAGUE, WE'RE HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    A draw for Norwich and Ipswich in the East Anglian derby match.

ReputationRep:
    Very happy with the start we've made and the signing of CBJ from Utd. Zenga Bus hasn't shown any sign of derailment yet!

ReputationRep:
    Think Blackburn are ****ed like. Money's on Coyle to be gone before October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    Think Blackburn are ****ed like. Money's on Coyle to be gone before October.
    Already planning which Lancashire club to take over next I reckon!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Very happy with the start we've made and the signing of CBJ from Utd. Zenga Bus hasn't shown any sign of derailment yet!
    He's far too good for the Championship.

Just hope some clogger doesn't injure him straight away which is what seems to happen to a lot of our Championship loanees

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really that many hardmen left in the championship these days. The Keane-esque midfielder is dying out rapidly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He's far too good for the Championship.

Just hope some clogger doesn't injure him straight away which is what seems to happen to a lot of our Championship loanees

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Given our injury record over the last 2 years I wouldn't hold much hope for him. Still exciting times for him to get experience at the best side Kenny Millers ever played for

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37155008

I hope this is a step towards Wimbledon playing in Wimbledon, after Sadiq Khan reversed Boris Johnson's decision.*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Given our injury record over the last 2 years I wouldn't hold much hope for him. Still exciting times for him to get experience at the best side Kenny Millers ever played for
    At his age he needs to be playing, makes no sense to stay with us because with Luke Shaw around he'll hardly get a game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great start to the season for Bolton. You'd expect them to finish top six in the third tier - as well as the other two relegated sides, MK Dons and Charlton. Then, you're probably looking at three from Scunthorpe, Bradford, Millwall, Walsall, Gillingham and Sheffield United (if they can get their act together).

ReputationRep:
    James Wilson on loan from Man Utd, not sure really considering he didn't score much for brighton last year at all but we've only scored 1 goal in 4 league games so maybe it'll boost our attack to work harder. Our start has been steady if anything but unless we start scoring we won't be going anywhere once again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.