Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    How can exam boards be dumb enough to not do anything about everyone in the same school getting 100% lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only a few scripts get sent off for external moderation I think, so they'll send off a 100, then probably a few just below. I doubt they'd check they all got 100 tho cos that's really stupid from the school. Probably, let some have 100 and some have 90% lol

How can exam boards be dumb enough to not do anything about everyone in the same school getting 100% lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're being removed next year I think

(Original post by Magnesium)
    I know There goes my hopes of getting 100% UMS down the drain
    I'd ask if I can do the quantitative (the one I lost the mark on) but my tutor would probably give me a dirt :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nurav11)
    Ahah good to know we're on the same page then! Been confused for a while bout these ISAs

Just saw you on the Edexcel Econ thread aswell so I must be doing very similar boards to you . I'm doing OCR for Maths, Bio, Chem and Edexcel for Economics. Wbu?
    Exactly the same apart from the fact that I'm doing OCR Physics instead of Bio! are you all prepared for Economics tomorrow?

That's honestly ridiculous... And the worst thing is, OCR think the high marks are down to very easy papers and lenient mark schemes so they actually end up making it even harder for the fair students, meaning we get screwed over by UMS even more .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The exam boards must know that everyone is cheating and hence why PSAs are being scrapped next year, we were one year too early I know friends who narrowly missed an A in chemistry PSA because they wrote 0.16 instead of 0.160

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    What about CEA anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I do CCEA chemistry and physics. For the past 5/6 sessions the chemistry grade boundaries have been available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same apart from the fact that I'm doing OCR Physics instead of Bio! are you all prepared for Economics tomorrow?

The exam boards must know that everyone is cheating and hence why PSAs are being scrapped next year, we were one year too early I know friends who narrowly missed an A in chemistry PSA because they wrote 0.16 instead of 0.160
    Its a good things they are being scrapped, such a shame it doesn't affect us this year. Honestly there was no point of them since everyone was cheating making the grade boundaries ridiculously high, its just really unfair for the ones who didn't cheat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    Same here OCR are mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

True.OCR chemistry is brutal.

ReputationRep:

Nice, it's a really good choice of subjects . Yup I think I am, Micro is just so much about exam technique and the actual content itself isn't very much or hard (just comparing it to Bio which is monstrously large), so I think it should be fine. I'm just going through some past papers now and comparing it to the mark scheme. What about you, you feeling ready?

That's very unfair..., thank god they're scrapping them because they are so easy to cheat on and disadvantages too many good candidates. Although, since Cambridge do look at individual module by module scores, surely they'd be aware that this problem exists and take into account?

(Original post by TheKhaleesi)
    Its a good things they are being scrapped, such a shame it doesn't affect us this year. Honestly there was no point of them since everyone was cheating making the grade boundaries ridiculously high, its just really unfair for the ones who didn't cheat.
    100% agreed

ReputationRep:
    Nice, it's a really good choice of subjects . Yup I think I am, Micro is just so much about exam technique and the actual content itself isn't very much or hard (just comparing it to Bio which is monstrously large), so I think it should be fine. I'm just going through some past papers now and comparing it to the mark scheme. What about you, you feeling ready?

That's very unfair..., thank god they're scrapping them because they are so easy to cheat on and disadvantages too many good candidates. Although, since Cambridge do look at individual module by module scores, surely they'd be aware that this problem exists and take into account?

100% agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile

What inspired you to do medicine at Cambridge?

ReputationRep:

100% agreed
    It is What are you planning on applying for at uni? Yup, pretty much the same. Although I'm finding that the arguments and eval are so simple for unit 1 compared to unit 2, it's crazy. I keep wanting to link back to the macro objectives in the micro exam but obviously the evaluation can be so much more simple than this because literally 2 sentences will get you the 2 eval marks!

Yeah I think so too. I think they're probably going to be more worried about the actual exam's UMS marks and not the controlled assessment

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I'd rather be in the first year of a major change in syllabus though, as much as I hate ISAs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I'd rather be in the first year of a major change in syllabus though, as much as I hate ISAs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that is very true. I'm so happy that we don't have to do both our AS and A2 at the end of the two years. That would have been so painful. I feel for the Yr 11s right now

ReputationRep:
    6000 posts! We really should be revising, or something!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that is very true. I'm so happy that we don't have to do both our AS and A2 at the end of the two years. That would have been so painful. I feel for the Yr 11s right now
    Yeah if it was at the end of year 13 procrastination and last minute revision would literally kill you :lol:
    But then it feels as though I'd just had my GCSE results day a few weeks ago sometimes with one year course lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by B.Lakeland)
    6000 posts! We really should be revising, or something!
    :lol:

Is anyone in here doing economics tomorrow? How are you guys revising for it I don't really know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

What inspired you to do medicine at Cambridge?
    Well I was pretty set on doing medicine from like year 10 but Cambridge would be a dream come true because it's levels of learning from the very best in the field + mixing with an incredibly hard working, driven and very smart student batch would just be so rewarding. The fact it is so academic based compared to other medical schools is something I prefer but you cannot beat the levels of expertise you get from learning from the very best. The kudos of studying medicine at Cambridge for future employers makes a large difference . It doesn't have as big an impact as for other jobs but it does make a difference. Also, who wouldn't want to if they had the chance?

It is What are you planning on applying for at uni? Yup, pretty much the same. Although I'm finding that the arguments and eval are so simple for unit 1 compared to unit 2, it's crazy. I keep wanting to link back to the macro objectives in the micro exam but obviously the evaluation can be so much more simple than this because literally 2 sentences will get you the 2 eval marks!

Yeah I think so too. I think they're probably going to be more worried about the actual exam's UMS marks and not the controlled assessment
    I want to study medicine so Cambridge really is a long shot but I'm just doing the best I can and see what happens . What about you? Yeh you're right! Once you crack the structure they want you to use for the data response questions, providing you have enough time, it is quite easy to get high marks. It was incredible because before Easter I was averaging a B but then after Easter I've scored 75 twice in Micro and now feel very confident. Simple points, as you say, can get you all the marks. Evaluation aswell, you can just mention 'time lags, magnitude and ceteris paribus' for literally every single question and still get the marks! I'm sure we'll both smash this but got to stay focused haha.

And yes, I hope so because the PSAs test very little actual skills except 'how well can you remember your teacher's answers'...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, just do some multiple choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    Is anyone in here doing economics tomorrow? How are you guys revising for it I don't really know what to do
    Yeh, Magnesium and I are , are you on edexcel? And I would advise just going through past papers and checking it against the mark scheme. Are you feeling confident?

Yeh, Magnesium and I are , are you on edexcel? And I would advise just going through past papers and checking it against the mark scheme. Are you feeling confident?
    nah AQA , fair shout but I've already done all of the multiple choices Guess I should look at some 25 markers :confused: I'm pretty confident, so long as I can get 50/50 on the first part then I should be able to get 22/25 in the essay Q and get full UMS, you?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.