Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there a possibility that we get an email on weekend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floopyfloop)
    have any oriel law applicants got their interview offers??
    Nope, haven't heard a thing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittykat1014)
    Have any CAAH applicants heard back from Oxford yet? I'm waiting to hear from Regent's Park and they said that they're hoping to send out their interview invitations by mid-next week.
    Eek, is that it? I'm waiting from Brasenose 🙈

(One of the essays was kind of - well, crap, but the other brilliant if I do say so myself, and thus me sitting here being constantly worried.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crastle)
    Those applying to history & joint schools:

How much wider reading have you done generally in history?

Ive probably read five or so books but I feel like thats pretty pathetic for someone applying to oxford
    Arch and Ancient History (that's why I didn't reply to your HAT question lol) - I've read several books as well, but I'm scared that I won't remember all the details. Like, what if the interviewers want to talk about a topic that I know I've read but completely forgot?

On wider reading: Books on particular historical figures I love / mentioned in my PS, overall periods, some guides on archaeology and architecture. I'm thinking of watching some Youtube lectures as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nodwod)
    Anyone with a History politics interview yet?
    Nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    Any economics and management interview invitations yet? What about Balliol interview invitations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denker812)
    Any economics and management interview invitations yet? What about Balliol interview invitations?
    I'm applying for E&M at Balliol and I've not heard a word. I think they'll give interviews around the 28th like last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crastle)
    Those applying to history & joint schools:

How much wider reading have you done generally in history?

Ive probably read five or so books but I feel like thats pretty pathetic for someone applying to oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Read articles ! They're short but packed with informations so you still have things to talk about

ReputationRep:
    got my invitation to interview! Worcester College Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drinky97)
    Huh? On a ****ing saturday? wow, those people really dont take breaks do they

ReputationRep:
    Why does BMAT get their scores before the interview in November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignStudent32)
    Huh? On a ****ing saturday? wow, those people really dont take breaks do they
    haha i didnt get it today only just confirmed it you see! i got it on wednesday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floopyfloop;[url="tel:60764303")
    60764303[/url]]have any oriel law applicants got their interview offers??
    Their website updates which departments have sent out offers, so far Oriel have sent Computer Science, Biochemistry and Music
    But I guess we could have been reassigned and not told yet so may not be of much help :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drinky97)
    Really?! Congrats, wish you all the best!!!
    But they send email even on weekends? Seriously?! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfly)
    I'm applying for E&M at Balliol and I've not heard a word. I think they'll give interviews around the 28th like last year.
    I think it will be the 27th - so the Friday like last year.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is in the right place - but does anyone know whether the admissions tutors use the reference as part of the interview process? Thanks in advance😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth_cole)
    Not sure if this is in the right place - but does anyone know whether the admissions tutors use the reference as part of the admissions process? Thanks in advance😊
    They use every piece of information they have, so the reference as well as GCSEs, predicted grades, personal statement, interview performance...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    They use every piece of information they have, so the reference as well as GCSEs, predicted grades, personal statement, interview performance...
    Sorry I meant interview process - will they ask about the reference in the actual interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshiedavis)
    Anyone heard things for Philosophy and Modern Languages? I've heard nothing from Queen's for Philosophy and French - anyone else applied?
    I applied for Philosophy and French too! But at Brasenose... which I'm now slightly regretting since it seems that every other person here has applied there I haven't got anything back from the college yet... the latest they could tell me is the 5th December so it looks like I'll be waiting a while. How did you find the MLAT?

ReputationRep:
    So, has anybody got an interview invitation from Merton for anything yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.