Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im not coping tonight. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    you'll need to sign up - they might have forms they want you to fill in about your medical history first
    That is what I thought, dunno what to do then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No not at all, good on you for healing those bridges!
    I guess, although I feel like a bad person for contacting then in case it makes them awkward?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    That is what I thought, dunno what to do then.
    if its any help at my uni I didn't need to be referred by the gp to get counselling if thats what you want

ReputationRep:
    :cry: :cry: omg this has just been the worst weekend ever. I cant do this I cant even remotely survive this. I am panicking so much. I just cant cant cant cant
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I have an appointment with the mental health team at uni tomorrow and it's midway through a two hour workshop. Do I email the tutor ahead of time, mention it when I get there or just skip the workshop completely?

So nervous about it. Haven't spoken about my mental health to anyone but my mentor and we became super good friends. I don't know if anyone can replace her and the way she supported me or knew what I needed before I needed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    if its any help at my uni I didn't need to be referred by the gp to get counselling if thats what you want
    I think mine might be the same, just gonna read up on it and then maybe complete the registration form. Thank you. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I have an appointment with the mental health team at uni tomorrow and it's midway through a two hour workshop. Do I email the tutor ahead of time, mention it when I get there or just skip the workshop completely?

So nervous about it. Haven't spoken about my mental health to anyone but my mentor and we became super good friends. I don't know if anyone can replace her and the way she supported me or knew what I needed before I needed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    prehaps send off an email tonight, then remind them when you go in?
    go for the first half atleast, youl probably be overwhelmed and stuff to go back afterwards, but thats no biggy, im sure there used to things like this at the start of the year.

could you write stuff down before you go? :hugs: hope it all works out ok :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally I'd either send an email or go see the tutor before the workshop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i think im panicing ight now and i cant calm down.

ReputationRep:
    Cant ground. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I like the top three, maybe the tortoiseshell/gold frame overall. I'm probably biased though because I've decided my next pair of glasses will be tortoiseshell and I love the style of the first two (half plastic, half metal) but I haven't found a similar pair that suit me :unimpressed:. As long as they all suit you and are comfortable, you can't go wrong as they all look good!

Fashion or prescription ?

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit empty today .
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Good luck! You'll be fine, let us know how it goes :yep:

Same to Mazzini, can't quote you for some reason :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. Managed to get through unloading, parents leaving, matriculation and formal hall. Then I was too tired and had work to do (long story) so went back to my room. Social anxiety not too bad today. Just really knackered.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    :cry: :cry: omg this has just been the worst weekend ever. I cant do this I cant even remotely survive this. I am panicking so much. I just cant cant cant cant

(Original post by guitaristemily)
    i think im panicing ight now and i cant calm down.

(Original post by tasha96)
    Cant ground. :cry2:

(Original post by luno)
    :jumphug: for all four of you. :grouphugs:

Can't talk right now (literally falling asleep as I type this) but hope things get better for you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luno)
    I get that sometimes. When you can't find anything fullfilling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ach. **** it.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    but it is for nothing. what do I have to show for the pain I have been through? absolutely nothing. my head is so ill and seems to be getting more ill by the day. this weekend I haven't managed to eat anything but a bit of fruit, haven't left my room, have barely been able to move, haven't done any of the work I was meant to. just lie in bed whilst I sob or shake, or let the internet erode my mind. it's like i'm not even human. there is no point. so consumed by illness and there hasn't been one period in all these years when something has actually gotten better , even temporarily. Not one day where I wake up and things feel mildly okay, not one day where things feel bearable. For the last 18 months/two years I keep feeling like I've hit rock bottom. I try to think about there only being one way, and that is up, but its never true. I always get worse even though it feels like it couldn't possibly. I try and engage with these crap MH professionals who are really the furthest from professional imaginable, while we pick through the **** in my life, only for them to insult, belittle and patronise me, before declaring that they're 'stuck'. I'm done with this. How much more does life want to beat me down? I'm left with nothing but a withered malfunctioning brain which reduces me to a shell of a human. I often struggle to speak, to move, to find enough energy and empathy in my bones to actually try and be anything positive in the world apart from a drain of resources.
    Can I ask how come you can't bring yourself to eat? :/ It was pointed out to me that not eating just made myself feel physically and mentally worse. None of this is your fault by the way. It's not as though you want to be in the position you're in :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    z
    How are you doing James?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    How are you doing James?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey buddy. I'm doing alright for the time being. How's things going? It's been a while since we spoke!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.