The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by siidoww
Just did my ukcat got average 620 and band 1 sj is this enough to apply for foundation year med

Looks alright for Manchester
https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/media/mhs/bmh-faculty/UoM_Medicine_Your_Application_16-17.pdf
if you study medicine in a london college and you also live in london, is it better to get accommodation or not? i don't want to but people say that some medicine lectures at unis like barts, kings, ucl etc. are late at night and its safer to stay in accommodation.
????
Original post by Lostperson
do you mean gamsat for 2018 entry ? x

Would it be too late to do the GAMSAT for 2017 entry? Thats when I'm hoping to do it but haven't researched anything yet
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
I got 770 for VR, 650 for AR and 600 QR for Medify mocks. I wasn't giving it my all for QR during the mocks lol.

Anyway yeah. I am so over it and done with it. This is the second time and I only did slightly better. Maybe I'm more suited for the GAMSAT... so going to sit that in March.

I feel done with it and I've still got a week to go before my test! Thank you and good luck with everything in the future :smile: *
Original post by .......Jeff458
Hey, Scot here too!

What will be your FIRST choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also a Scot here:smile: Edinburgh is my first choice but think it's quite unrealistic with my grades
ahhh does anyone know how to improve VR??? I am getting 700-ish in QR and AR but im getting 550 in VR so its bringing my average down..
whats the best way to approach the reading comprehension style questions? should u look at each individual ans choice and eliminate?
Original post by aamin96
Sounds good ive done quite a few questions today so ill chill. Did you do some reading before your exam to warm your brain up?

Yeah in the morning before exam but only scored 530 for VR! Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by gaby_xo
Would it be too late to do the GAMSAT for 2017 entry? Thats when I'm hoping to do it but haven't researched anything yet

yes.. the exam was on 16th sept x
Original post by michaela__
You'll do absolutely amazing then! Don't know why you are worrying when you seem so prepared ❣I'm positive you'll get the score that you deserve!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really hope so. It's just that even in this book, I STILL find the quantitative hard :'(

People say they had lots of pie charts... did you? And did you just find the questions easier as they were like adding etc or...?
Original post by hopeforunderdog
Also a Scot here:smile: Edinburgh is my first choice but think it's quite unrealistic with my grades

What was your UKCAT again? If you got 4A's then I'm sure your score can make up for it because I remember it being high I think?
Really hope so. It's just that even in this book, I STILL find the quantitative hard :'(

People say they had lots of pie charts... did you? And did you just find the questions easier as they were like adding etc or...?

I can't remember having one pie chart in mine, some questions were easier but I still had to flag and guess about 7/8 hard ones! Other questions were similar to medify really. I think they score it more nicely as there's no way I went from 600-650 to 780 overnight that just doesn't happen or maybe it was magic 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was your UKCAT again? If you got 4A's then I'm sure your score can make up for it because I remember it being high I think?

713 and band 1, tbh I'll be grateful no matter where I get in, what's your first choice?
Original post by mm_7
if you study medicine in a london college and you also live in london, is it better to get accommodation or not? i don't want to but people say that some medicine lectures at unis like barts, kings, ucl etc. are late at night and its safer to stay in accommodation.
????

Defo stay at home unless u are rolling in money and wanna waste thousands of pounds a year
What do you guys think 34/39 would equal to in QR in the real exam?
Original post by Squishy•
Defo stay at home unless u are rolling in money and wanna waste thousands of pounds a year

ok thanks!! lol
is it tru that there are like lectures at late night aswell tho???
What do you guys think 34/39 would equal to in QR in the real exam?

A very good score!! is you use this equation-thing you can work it out:

the fraction you got x 600 + 300

so for you its 866.6

Thats amazing well done!

do you mind sharing how your getting such scores
Original post by mm_7
ok thanks!! lol
is it tru that there are like lectures at late night aswell tho???

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Where did u hear that?
Original post by mm_7

so for you its 866.6

Thats amazing well done!

HOW???????????

But even if you live in london, surely its better to stay in accomodation as it will help save time and will also help make friends?
Original post by mm_7

so for you its 866.6

Thats amazing well done!

I don't think the number is right, i checked and it's like 822 or something lol so not that amazing.

I was wondering what a score like that would give in the real exam judging off people guessing qs and their scores and etc because i don't think that method is right as it's different scaling each year if u know what i mean

Quick Reply

Latest