Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alevelz)
    Heya could you let me know too about what they say at the open day? I'd really appreciate it!! Do you know how many interviews they give out? I really wish I had a WP plus flag!
    Sure man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Funnily enough I never did that mock! ( I should have done lol). before my test when I was in maccies stress eating 😂 I attempted a few AR questions and found it hard so I had to stop as I was freaking out when my test was in like 40 minutes. So sorry I can't help you much but from what I gathered AR was hard in it but I'm bad at AR😂 hey don't worry you aren't bothering me I love to help! Sorry I couldn't help much in this case!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha, nice!

Oh. I was only wondering because I did the practice questions and got 19/20 so I hope the mock at the end is as good as those practice questions.

Only doing the book because I hear it is VERY similar to the exam. Especially QR. Ah well, thanks anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    90% untimed so i would spend like over a minute per question to ensure i got them correct. Then when mocks came, i just sped up and started making silly mistakes. this improved over time
    i see...great thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Hahaha, nice!

Oh. I was only wondering because I did the practice questions and got 19/20 so I hope the mock at the end is as good as those practice questions.

Only doing the book because I hear it is VERY similar to the exam. Especially QR. Ah well, thanks anyways
    You'll do absolutely amazing then! Don't know why you are worrying when you seem so prepared ❣I'm positive you'll get the score that you deserve!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    thank you so much! stupid question but can you do add, divide, multiply using the keyboard or do you need to click on the calculator? (I have a mac book and have to click on the calc for these :/ )
    No problem. No question is stupid if it is genuine and yeah you can! press + for add, / for divide, * for multiply and - for subtract. If you have any concerns still, feel free to ask.
    Btw that could be a reason why you are slowing down....beccause you use the mouse for the calculator. Use the keyboard and it will speed up SOOO much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    90% untimed so i would spend like over a minute per question to ensure i got them correct. Then when mocks came, i just sped up and started making silly mistakes. this improved over time
    Sounds good ive done quite a few questions today so ill chill. Did you do some reading before your exam to warm your brain up?

ReputationRep:
    are the medify mini mocks harder than the actual test ?? as I've done appallingly in each of the mini mocks!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, question to anyone who has done the Kaplan practice tests, are these harder than the real exam as I am struggling with these but scoring much higher on the Medify mocks???

ReputationRep:
    Please read my thread! Repping all replies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just did my ukcat got average 620 and band 1 sj is this enough to apply for foundation year med

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siidoww)
    Just did my ukcat got average 620 and band 1 sj is this enough to apply for foundation year med
    Looks alright for Manchester
    https://www.bmh.manchester.ac.uk/med...tion_16-17.pdf

ReputationRep:
    if you study medicine in a london college and you also live in london, is it better to get accommodation or not? i don't want to but people say that some medicine lectures at unis like barts, kings, ucl etc. are late at night and its safer to stay in accommodation.
    ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    do you mean gamsat for 2018 entry ? x
    Would it be too late to do the GAMSAT for 2017 entry? Thats when I'm hoping to do it but haven't researched anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    I got 770 for VR, 650 for AR and 600 QR for Medify mocks. I wasn't giving it my all for QR during the mocks lol.

Anyway yeah. I am so over it and done with it. This is the second time and I only did slightly better. Maybe I'm more suited for the GAMSAT... so going to sit that in March.
    I feel done with it and I've still got a week to go before my test! Thank you and good luck with everything in the future *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Hey, Scot here too!

What will be your FIRST choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also a Scot here Edinburgh is my first choice but think it's quite unrealistic with my grades

ReputationRep:
    ahhh does anyone know how to improve VR??? I am getting 700-ish in QR and AR but im getting 550 in VR so its bringing my average down..
    whats the best way to approach the reading comprehension style questions? should u look at each individual ans choice and eliminate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Sounds good ive done quite a few questions today so ill chill. Did you do some reading before your exam to warm your brain up?
    Yeah in the morning before exam but only scored 530 for VR! Good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaby_xo)
    Would it be too late to do the GAMSAT for 2017 entry? Thats when I'm hoping to do it but haven't researched anything yet
    yes.. the exam was on 16th sept x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    You'll do absolutely amazing then! Don't know why you are worrying when you seem so prepared ❣I'm positive you'll get the score that you deserve!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really hope so. It's just that even in this book, I STILL find the quantitative hard :'(

People say they had lots of pie charts... did you? And did you just find the questions easier as they were like adding etc or...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforunderdog)
    Also a Scot here Edinburgh is my first choice but think it's quite unrealistic with my grades
    What was your UKCAT again? If you got 4A's then I'm sure your score can make up for it because I remember it being high I think?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.