Report 6 years ago
Discuss the El clasico here lads:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1904398
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mallorca just conceded a shocker of a goal. Poor GK! Not that it means an awful lot as this game looked pretty much like Bilbaos win anyway, just a bad goal to let in!
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SonnyZH)
Madrid have a mental issue with Barcelona, just like they had it with Lyon or getting through the first round in CL until last year. Once you get through those barriers it's all over. IMO; Madrid's players aren't inferior to Barcelona's if you compare them one on one (yes, a couple might, but not the majority).

As a matter of fact, Madrid's players are bigger, faster and stronger than Barcelona's, which should balance it out on the technical bit.

Mourinho's mindset when he plays against Barcelona is another drawback for the ''merengues''. When he see's himself with them infront he goes off the top, acting in the most irrational ways (Carvalho and Altintop playing first 11 the other day...).
I know, and it's fairly evident that the psychology is paramount; once Barcelona equalised in both games this season, one could only see there being one winner from there. Even in both the games, in which Real Madrid have taken the lead, they haven't looked confident. Hmm, I think that they are. Not by much, but noticeable enough. Even though they do have a physical edge, Barcelona keep enough possession and find enough space to negate that physical advantage.

Oh, I do agree with that last bit. It should be evident by now that the ultra-defensive, obsessively counter-attacking tactics aren't working; Barcelona still find a way through. It's almost as though Mourinho is so worried that a beating would blot his copybook so much that he'd rather just accept draws and 2-1 defeats, as opposed to comprehensive 3-0's or worse.
I Kant Spall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wrong thread.
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bayern Munich have said they are going to announce a 'spectacular' signing this afternoon.

I wonder who it could be... surely not Tevez? :holmes:

EDIT: Ok, so it turns out it was a marketing ploy. *******s.
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marcusmerehay)

Indeed...
The Optimistic Ram
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marcusmerehay)
Happens to everyone, just wait until Manchester City unveil their next new signing Nir Biton. Every armchair fan will expect Messi...(ok maybe not Messi but you get the picture) for a fee of £999 million, then it turns out to be some 20 year old Israeli. Sure he may be fantastic and have a brilliant career ahead of him but the disappointment on those 'fans' will be priceless!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone watching Milan Lazio - really exciting end to end stuff :drool:
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Barca and Villarreal draw 0-0 at El Madrigal, and the gap is now 7 points.
pinouche13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
After madrid won tonight and barca draw, madrid is 7 points ahead which is a lot since madrid is almost winning all its games. Assuming barcelona will win the secind leg at the nou camp, they will still need madrid to lose twice and on their side barcelona will have to win all the games coming.

What do you guys think? Madrid to be champions?
Lefty_P
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Madrid gona win it
IneedMentalHelp
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tbh, I said Madrid were going to win the league from the start of the season. And probably Ronaldo top GS. CL it will be Messi though. And England Man City in the Premier League. West Ham the Championship.

For anyone looking to put on an accumulator bet.
saggy8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tbh, I said Madrid were going to win the league from the start of the season. And probably Ronaldo top GS. CL it will be Messi though. And England Man City in the Premier League. West Ham the Championship.

For anyone looking to put on an accumulator bet
Abit off topic but.. How do you accumulator bet? There's no option to on betting sites..
Jordan_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Think Madrid will win the league and Barca will win the Champions League.
pinouche13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IneedMentalHelp)

For anyone looking to put on an accumulator bet.
Clearly, barcelona atack line don't look the same, they don't have a real striker alongside messi like villa. Plus i think guardiola gived too much time to unexperience players in important games. Ronaldo isn't playing good but scores a lot, which makes it even more impressive.
modini
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, I predicted that Madrid would win early on. The Nou Camp fixture will be a good one though.

CL is open too tbh. Madrid won all their games in their group :eek:
pinouche13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by modini)
Yeah, I predicted that Madrid would win early on. The Nou Camp fixture will be a good one though.

CL is open too tbh. Madrid won all their games in their group :eek:
Without the manchesters, I don't see anyone else but barcelona or madrid. Chelsea or Bayern might do the suprise but they are not on the same level.
Da_hopeful_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sunday times reporting that Jose Mourinho will quit Real Madrid at the end of the season, for the Premier League.
IneedMentalHelp
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by saggy8)
Abit off topic but.. How do you accumulator bet? There's no option to on betting sites..
Which website are you with? Usually you pick the selections, at the bottom of the bet will be more options, and then '5 selections accumulator' = 5 fold. 6 = six fold.

Note for some, you can't do clashes i.e. Real Madrid to win the League AND Ronaldo to be top scorer of the same league. You can only do one or the other.

Another 'safe'-ish bet is Liverpool to win the Carling Cup. But i'm going to put two on. Cardiff are like 9/1 or 17/2, and in an accumulator, should they win, that would increase the odds massively, hundreds, potentially thousands. They've had a brilliant season so far, they have a chance against L'pool in the final imo.

Other bets i'd advise are possibly AC Milan Serie A, Munich in Bundesliga, either Celtic or Rangers in SPL.

Remember these are the current favourites and would get you good odds in an accumulator. But they are not guaranteed to win so bet small, bet what you can afford to lose since one wrong selection ruins the entire bet.

I've got 10-folds right in the past; but i've also ruined a 14-fold with one selection before. 13 right, Arsenal to win Carling Cup last year wrong. Birmingham robbed me. Missed out on 10k from a £4.16 bet.

I don't mind though, because it is such a small amount. So bet small and with caution, if you do decide to.
Abed1993
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Madrid for la liga
united for prem.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads