The Arsenal Society VIII Watch

This discussion is closed.
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
laves goes down like a 10 year old japanese school girl blown over by a light breeze. Van persie just reacted anyway

curious to see how things turn out
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Daft from Fabregas. Someone else also mentioned Walcott would have been perfect for this game - true. That's what Arsenal are missing, pace when trying counter-attacks. Can't see Arsenal scoring atm, but you never know, things can change in football even when you least expect them to.
thisisnew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Psychotic546)
Ref's been pretty appalling so far, he's got a fair few calls wrong (for us and them- tbf he's helped us out). We've been very good defensively but Rosicky just hasn't helped out at all. Down that side they have the "easy job" and have let way too much through. No idea what Cesc was thinking with the backheel but it doesn't matter, we've got to somehow score. Messi has been getting better and better and has been looking dangerous and could have scored 3 tbh.

If I'm completely honest, if the game ends now I'm proud of the players and think we can just move on.

Oh and some of the Barca players dive far too much. I know it's seen as a part of the game in Spain but should it really be like that in the CL. Alves is almost as bad as Busquets but really it's so annoying it's ridiculous.
I hear ya' on that last part. Also boils my blood how the Barca players flock around the referee every time one of their players goes down as if he's just been drop kicked in the neck. Could even see people in the crowd waving imaginary cards ¬__¬
jit987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes it was fabregas's mistake and messi's goal was just classssss. BUT!, we have been just defending and defending and there have been plenty of times where the Barca's backline was in the half way line!!!. That is just suicidal!

But we can't blame the players. I mean it's hard to sustain the pressure and get the ball back, but keeping the ball it's a completely different matter in Nou camp.
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by voodoomagic)
Erm.. Cesc backheeling the ball to Iniesta on the edge of the D?
lol.... fair enough, I must have missed that

but still, I was expecting Messi to score sooner or later :/ excellent defending or not
lawbot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well well well
that ****er fabregas already playing for barcelona..
who would have thought

you can take fabregas, nasri and van persie.

give me adams keown and dixon!
Billa Bong
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
WTF FABREGAS...WHYYYYYYYYYY
game, set and match right there i'm afraid...we've hardly been in their box never-mind any shots (which can lead to a goal) :|
JK.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by R-KAM)
May he be better than Agent Ridgewell? :holmes:

They tried to hold a 1 goal lead against us at the Emirates. I imagine they are going to go for the kill this time.
Ridgewell's won silverware with the team he's supposedly working against, Cesc is clearly doing a better job.

I don't think they'll try and keep it at 1-0, I just don't think they'll be taking the risks at the back that they were in the first half, they'll just wait for us to take those risks and do we couldn't - take advantage.
ahq
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
How very depressing. Not only are we losing, it's also been a pretty terrible game.
Mastermind`
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you parking the bus deliberately or have you been forced to park the bus? :bandit:
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by neillya1)
Inevitable.

Totally inevitable.

You CANNOT sit back and soak up pressure from the best attack in Europe, possibly the world.

I don't know what Wenger is thinking with these tactics, but we're supposed to be a top premiership team - the gulf in glass is more like Premiership/Leauge 2 at the moment. And no, I'm not exaggerating.
Mourinho and his team did it to Barca last season and even more remarkably, with 10 men on the pitch with, IIRC, 2/3rds of the game to go. Nothing is impossible
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by voodoomagic)
Ain't that the truth, which media outlet is he spouting rubbish from so I know which to avoid?
Irish - TV3. He's an atrocity.
milkytea
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Billa Bong)
WTF FABREGAS...WHYYYYYYYYYY
game, set and match right there i'm afraid...we've hardly been in their box never-mind any shots (which can lead to a goal) :|
Hardly over. We only had 1 shot in the whole first half of the first leg last season and we scored 2 in the end.
Charzhino
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mistake from Fabregas but you could see why he would of played that pass even from the edge of his box
Blame
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, that was tragic, but never mind, we expected them to score against us, regardless of how.

Gotta get some foothold in the game second half, possession wise, expect Bendtner and Arshavin to feature soon..

Keep the faith.
jit987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
Are you parking the bus deliberately or have you been forced to park the bus? :bandit:
This.
Psychotic546
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Also Diaby's been shocking. Agreed Cesc hasn't made one tackle or pass but Diaby hasn't made a tackle and his passing has been a lot worse than anyone.
Hope Wenger can sort out the team and I think we'll see Arshavin soon and I would really like to see Diaby off for Bendtner and Nasri moved into the centre.

Barca also remind me so much of Brazil in the WC. Soon as they're looking at defeat they start getting disgusting (Melo's stamp?). Granted it's not on that level but it just reminds of that =/
voodoomagic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
Definitely the latter, I don't think Arsene would ever choose to park the bus. Before the first leg he said he hadn't watched the Hercules game to study tactics :rolleyes:

Diaby really isn't a defensive midfielder and it's showing. Cesc' 'pre-assist' aside, Jack is our only midfielder who's having any effect on the game.

(Original post by Kreuzuerk)
Irish - TV3. He's an atrocity.
Ah I forgot he was 'Irish', ridiculous how he smuggled so many caps out of Ireland. I know all Arsenal's fan have a well known persecution complex but he always seems to be making snide comments about us. Remember someone was speculating it went back to his time at Marseille when they were bent and Wenger was calling them out it all the time at Monaco.
Billa Bong
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by milkytea)
Hardly over. We only had 1 shot in the whole first half of the first leg last season and we scored 2 in the end.
yeah but atleast we were in their half for a bit...we have hardly been in their half in this match
neillya1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So Sczesny *might* be out for the rest of the season?

Fan-****ing-tastic eh? Typical.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads