Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    What are you going to do then? They've advised against you taking things early.

Also, is it bad that I had to look up 'atrophied' :ninja: ? I sort of gathered what it meant by the context of the sentence, but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadab786ahmed)
    Tadaa! read above! ^
    Does that really answer your question? :lolwut:

And I emailed Downing's admissions office and they said that a good grade in Computing A-Level would be a positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    Hi Claire,

Thanks for sharing your personal experience on the matter. I doubt he confused everyone as it seems the majority of us agree that Maths is more of a complimentary subject than a requirement. In his defence, he might not have done a full research into it before giving his advice but nonetheless it is partially correct.

It is true that Maths and Physics can benefit entry into a course in Architecture, as they're general subjects that have applications in all subjects (In Architecture, I guess it's important to ensure any design has a centre of gravity towards the ground for structural reasons, for example). Just perhaps not in the way of making them requirements.
    Ok, you're right I was probably being harsh, I realised that afterwards . But so many people say similar things on TSR that it annoys me, when they don't have any experience in it. And yes you're right but that usually has very little effect on what the architect actually does, as strange as that sounds, so universities generally reflect that in not forcing candidates to do it at A-level.
    But I'll leave your thread to it's own devices now, as clearly I'm not in year 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittaaaaay)
    Aww, they were actually really nice about it!
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    What are you going to do then? They've advised against you taking things early.

Also, is it bad that I had to look up 'atrophied' :ninja: ? I sort of gathered what it meant by the context of the sentence, but still
    (Original post by chloe--)
    Does that really answer your question? :lolwut:

And I emailed Downing's admissions office and they said that a good grade in Computing A-Level would be a positive

Lol, they must think I'll get a B. The point is it won't be included in my offer and its an A* for me so my plan is this:

Year 11: Finish History AS and Learn all of further mathematics...

Year 12: (F).Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and French AS... Maybe History A2...

Year 13: (F).Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and French A2...

I just sent another email asking if my history will effect anything... We'll see!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... So now I have to teach myself...

FP1, FP2, FP3, M2, M3, S1, S2...

I'll get some help not too bad... I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... So now I have to teach myself...

FP1, FP2, FP3, M2, M3, S1, S2...

I'll get some help not too bad... I guess...
    Why do you need to learn all of F. Maths? Surely you can just take it at college as usual?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need to learn all of F. Maths? Surely you can just take it at college as usual?
    Just learn the content so I can revise in the lessons... My school doesn't really offer it, so I'll just get some help.. so it'll be easier

ReputationRep:
    Just learn the content so I can revise in the lessons... My school doesn't really offer it, so I'll just get some help.. so it'll be easier
    Ah okay I'm just planning to learn it in the lessons with everyone else

I definitely want to do Maths, F. Maths and Computing, but then I have the choice between Chemistry and Physics. Physics would probably be more useful, but I might enjoy Chemistry more (and I think I'm better at it? I'll find out for sure when I get my results )

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay I'm just planning to learn it in the lessons with everyone else

I definitely want to do Maths, F. Maths and Computing, but then I have the choice between Chemistry and Physics. Physics would probably be more useful, but I might enjoy Chemistry more (and I think I'm better at it? I'll find out for sure when I get my results )
    I don't have lessons for further maths

Hmmm... I think you should do Chemistry.. And read up on Physics because physics is covered by somr degree by maths and f.maths

ReputationRep:
    I don't have lessons for further maths

Hmmm... I think you should do Chemistry.. And read up on Physics because physics is covered by somr degree by maths and f.maths
    I will

That's a good point! But Physics would help with the Mechanics modules in Maths, right?

ReputationRep:
    I will

That's a good point! But Physics would help with the Mechanics modules in Maths, right?

Hmmm... Yeah I guess they do... But chemistry'?

ReputationRep:
    Finally up, the all-nighter didn't go exactly to plan.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by dinrah04)
    What time did you fall asleep?

ReputationRep:
    School Tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    What time did you fall asleep?
    I went at around half 5, as my friend who I was talking to ran out of battery and said she was tired. So I was like meh, might as well too.

School Tomorrow!
    Yep, need to actually go get a new bag later :'/

ReputationRep:
    I went at around half 5, as my friend who I was talking to ran out of battery and said she was tired. So I was like meh, might as well too.

Yep, need to actually go get a new bag later :'/
    Aaah, I'm not going to buy another bag ;') I will buy a nice one for sixth form!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, you guys are back in school tomorrow? :3 I both feel sorry and excited for you xD

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, you guys are back in school tomorrow? :3 I both feel sorry and excited for you xD
    I'm not only dinrah... I go back on Tuesday...

ReputationRep:
    Helloooooo

Oooh, what kind of watch is it?
    Dolce and Gabbana
    It came about 12 ish and I like it, even though the wristband is pretty big, need a few links taken out

ReputationRep:
    Omg! Thunder and Lightning!! That was the loudest I've ever heard... Granted I was sitting near outside with door open...

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.