Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    if he uses Jenkinson you'll get some next backup RB from Ligue 1. Not Aurier but more in the Djourou/Squillaci mould.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Don't be surprised if we end up signing no-one and Jenkinson is thrown into the first team. He isn't even that bad when he gets a string of games together. Might have a surprising breakthrough season...

He might promote Martinez to number two as well, but I bloody hope not after the Reading debacle. He does not fill with me confidence whenever I see him play.
    Well the club rate Bellerin very highly so him possibly being 2nd choice RB wouldn't be a shock. Personally I think he's already better than Jenkinson tbh.

As for GKs, it will either be Macey or Madtinez who we promote into the First team. Illev is on the way out along with Vickers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think we should deffo go for Kevin Volland, the Hoffenheim striker. He's too good for that team, and he is a much much better finisher than Giroud. He can also play on the wing.

ReputationRep:
    jenko wouldn't leave tbh, probably more loyal than wilshere i reckon. needs a lot more gametime tho, should have gone on loan to a premier league club but we cant do that now as we dont have sufficient backup. bellerin aint ready for first team action either, but he's got hella time on his hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I think we should deffo go for Kevin Volland, the Hoffenheim striker. He's too good for that team, and he is a much much better finisher than Giroud. He can also play on the wing.
    If dealing with Portuguese clubs wasn't so doggy, we should totally make a move for Rodrigo. Amazing player and has a good work rate. A lot of outlets keep going on about Morata's u21 scoring record but a lot of it especially last summer was on the back of Rodrigo's handwork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    If dealing with Portuguese clubs wasn't so doggy, we should totally make a move for Rodrigo. Amazing player and has a good work rate. A lot of outlets keep going on about Morata's u21 scoring record but a lot of it especially last summer was on the back of Rodrigo's handwork.
    Hmm I'm not sure about Rodrigo, and Benfica are asking for some mad money.

Did you hear Di Maria said?

Di Maria - "It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham." :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Hmm I'm not sure about Rodrigo, and Benfica are asking for some mad money.

Did you hear Di Maria said?

Di Maria - "It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham." :lol:

source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRYL)
    Huge deal in the pipeline for a forward.
    Who? Where?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    source?
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/311527.html

ReputationRep:

If we ever let Tottenham get Di maria before us..........

ReputationRep:
    Also as far as Vela goes... :

"I never felt comfortable in London and I never enjoyed it. However, when I got to Donostia (San Sebastian) I found a place where I was very happy, where I’m enjoying myself every day.
    The English game is very straightforward. Here, the difference is that there are more touches of the ball and the benefits me."
    ​Doesn't seem too keen on coming back

ReputationRep:
    The Di María quotes have been ripped out of context imo. In Spanish it doesn't sound like a dig at all. He's just talking about how the speculation about his commitment and whether he wants to stay or leave (e.g. for Spurs) is hurtful considering he's always given everything for the club, not that it's hurtful to be linked with *Tottenham* in particular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRYL)
    Wenger has signed a new contract
    3 more years of mediocrity. Excellent!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRYL)
    We are 2-3 quality players away from challenging again. I'm told that they are working behind the scenes, already preparing moves.
    Looks like TSR now has some serious ITKs...

ReputationRep:
    1 trophy in 9 years....gets a new contract

Assanal logikkkkkkkkk

ReputationRep:
    Cba don't even bother

ReputationRep:
    THIS IS SOME BULL**** *****, BLUDCLART BULL****

WHEN WILL IT END? GOD, WHY MUST YOU DO THIS!?!?!

Not surprised doe, kmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    THIS IS SOME BULL**** *****, BLUDCLART BULL****

WHEN WILL IT END? GOD, WHY MUST YOU DO THIS!?!?!

Not surprised doe, kmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See above post :P
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    People are moaning about Wenger having a new contract? He has been one of the most stable managers of all time, in any league, and the FA Cup this year shows he can still win trophies, thus justifying his new contract. He has arguably the best club setup, spending very little (comparatively), using a relatively large amount of youth team players, and developing some world class players (which he chooses to sell on, unfortunately). Given the blank cheque and pressure of an entire fanbase, he will most likely improve the squad this season, and if they have fewer injuries this year, then they can challenge for the FA Cup and Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    See above post :P
    This has angered my soul, I'm actually devastated!! :cry:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.