Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.Ibrahim)
    Yeah I bet they are already packing their bags ready for a Cambridge term :lol: So pumped for KnB!
    Kise becomes next level OP.
    How are your A2s going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Kise becomes next level OP.
    How are your A2s going?
    I can imagine, he has an amazing ability to learn quickly. So far so good, but it's taking a lot of my time, how are you finding them?

ReputationRep:
    Saturday. I'm not really nervous because I'm 100% certain of a rejection so an offer is just a bonus and I won't be upset with a rejection. More excited for KnB than the Cambridge letter:lol:.

I reckon Bude and Fish will both get in though.
    Yeah I bet they are already packing their bags ready for a Cambridge term :lol: So pumped for KnB!
    I did some pretty stupid things at my interview, didn't give that fluid an answer to a PS question, also didn't realise I was integrating a constant and so I was wondering how I was going to do it for a good minute or so :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine, he has an amazing ability to learn quickly. So far so good, but it's taking a lot of my time, how are you finding them?
    Get back to me in a week after mocks and I'll let you know, I actually have no idea if I'm actually doing well or not for sciences lol. Maths is all fine though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I did some pretty stupid things at my interview, didn't give that fluid an answer to a PS question, also didn't realise I was integrating a constant and so I was wondering how I was going to do it for a good minute or so :lol:
    It took me about a 30 seconds to work out where a graph crossed the y-axis, I just completely forgot how to:lol:, didn't get asked anything on PS or even about me, was just all maths.

ReputationRep:
    It took me about a 30 seconds to work out where a graph crossed the y-axis, I just completely forgot how to:lol:, didn't get asked anything on PS or even about me, was just all maths.
    Also haven't been contacted yet so it's either offer or rejection, no pooling :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Also have been contacted yet so it's either offer or rejection, no pooling :lol:
    Nah you could be pooled, it just means no re-interview. You could have an offer from another college.

ReputationRep:
    Nah you could be pooled, it just means no re-interview. You could have an offer from another college.
    Oh right yeah, my bad. Either way, I won't be going :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmed7991)
    Anyone doing their A2 mock exams this month?
    Yup 9 mocks

Edit: lol I've just realised I didn't read the question properly. Mine are in first week of Feb.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Oh right yeah, my bad. Either way, I won't be going :lol:
    Thinking about my interviews now they were just so average, I didn't make any huge mistakes but I was just really slow. It was probably because all advice I'd had said to keep calm, take your time and say what you're thinking out loud.

I probably came across as really stupid, if I was to do it again I'd just be my normal self and do everything quickly without the fear of making mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about my interviews now they were just so average, I didn't make any huge mistakes but I was just really slow. It was probably because all advice I'd had said to keep calm, take your time and say what you're thinking out loud.

I probably came across as really stupid, if I was to do it again I'd just be my normal self and do everything quickly without the fear of making mistakes.
    Yeah, content was easy but I felt really slow. If I ran through the problems with my physics teacher, I'd do a lot better :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Current Year 13 Thread Mark I

Okay so I'm not sure how I posted this without actually posting it :lol:

Final year for us all (hopefully) which will probably be the hardest, not to mention how busy we are at the start of the year with UCAS, personal statements and some you's still deciding what you want to do, but I'm sure most of us here actually know what this thread is for, if you don't open this list.
    List
    Surely by now you already knew that this thread is your life saver! It is your:
    revision tool;
    place to come and rant;
    place to cry and tell us how upset you are;
    express how worried you are;
    get away from annoying people who aren't online;
    make friends with others who are online;
    get help with school/homework;
    or life's general problems;
    but my personal favourite is to PROCASTINATE.

Now I thought like last year we should all have our own mini briefing of our UCAS applications, so if you could PM your details like mine below and also include your University course and 18th Birthday I will add them to the expansion

UCAS Applications

Okay then so for future use I have the key below regarding university colours ;-) all prepared aren't I
    Black: Sent off
    Blue: Interview
    Green: Offer :woo:
    Red: Rejection :-(

Medicine
    Medicine Connections
    - Techno836 (DOB: 20/02/97) UoLeeds, UoSheffield, UoManchester, UoLiverpool

Mathematics
    Mathematics Connections
    - Dalek1099 (DOB: 09/10/96) UoCambridge, UoWarwick, UoDurham, UoNewcastle, UoNorthumbria

Chemistry
    Chemistry Connections
    - L'Evil Fish UoBristol, UoNottingham, UoWarwick

Natural Sciences

- L'Evil Fish UoCambridge, UoBath

Engineering
    Engineering Connections
    - suarti10 (DOB: 21/03/97) UoBrunel (Mechanical), Queen Mary (Mechanical), UoSouthampton (Electromechanical), City (Electronic and Electrical), UoKent (Electronic)

Psychology
    Psychology Connections
    - Beaverhausen (DOB: 17/11/96) UoLeeds, UoCardiff, UoBristol, UoBirmingham, UoDurham

Primary Education with QTS
    Education/Teaching Connections
    - Jams97 (DOB: 17/01/97) Sheffield Hallam, Oxford Brookes, Man Met, York St. John, UoDerby

Foreign Languages
    Foreign Languages
    - blamethenargles (DOB: 04/12/1996) UoNottingham (Modern w/ translation), UoSwansea (Spanish), UoYork (Spanish anad linguistics), UoBristol (Spanish and German)

Best of luck to everyone regarding their studies and application, my favourite part of this will to hopefully see us all succeed when I get to update the expansions :awesome: :woo:

Have a great year everyone
    If anyone does get a rejection from a uni, maybe reading through my spoof response to my uni rejection letter will cheer you up : http://izinspired.com/2015/01/07/dea...udent-scorned/

Don't worry, we're all still fab

ReputationRep:
    Could some fellow just give me an helpful description of the feasibility of reactions as i'm having a right mare
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ahmed7991)
    Anyone doing their A2 mock exams this month?
    Next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benn96)
    Could some fellow just give me an helpful description of the feasibility of reactions as i'm having a right mare
    What exactly do you mean by feasibility?

Something like:

A + A + B --> A2B

is an unlikely reaction because it involves a termolecular collision?

Or things like delta G being negative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    What exactly do you mean by feasibility?

Something like:

A + A + B --> A2B

is an unlikely reaction because it involves a termolecular collision?

Or things like delta G being negative?
    It's probably electrochemical cells and standard emfs

ReputationRep:
    Get back to me in a week after mocks and I'll let you know, I actually have no idea if I'm actually doing well or not for sciences lol. Maths is all fine though.
    We're on the same boat All my mocks next week yet only confident I'll do well on maths :lol:

ReputationRep:
    We're on the same boat All my mocks next week yet only confident I'll do well on maths :lol:
    I did my maths ones before the holidays got a B in M3 but an A* in every other unit. Probably get Bs and Cs in sciences.

ReputationRep:
    I did my maths ones before the holidays got a B in M3 but an A* in every other unit. Probably get Bs and Cs in sciences.
    Oh I don't do F.Maths but kinda wish I did now, also don't worry 4 months of prep time left! You'll do well and open the doors of (Insert College name)

Just realised how far Girton College is :lol: no h8 2 girton colleeeesh, nuffin but luv 4 u!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I don't do F.Maths but kinda wish I did now, also don't worry 4 months of prep time left! You'll do well and open the doors of (Insert College name)

Just realised how far Girton College is :lol: no h8 2 girton colleeeesh, nuffin but luv 4 u!
    Emmanuel

Girton is miles away.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.