Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Really hope so. It's just that even in this book, I STILL find the quantitative hard :'(

People say they had lots of pie charts... did you? And did you just find the questions easier as they were like adding etc or...?
    I can't remember having one pie chart in mine, some questions were easier but I still had to flag and guess about 7/8 hard ones! Other questions were similar to medify really. I think they score it more nicely as there's no way I went from 600-650 to 780 overnight that just doesn't happen or maybe it was magic 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    What was your UKCAT again? If you got 4A's then I'm sure your score can make up for it because I remember it being high I think?
    713 and band 1, tbh I'll be grateful no matter where I get in, what's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    if you study medicine in a london college and you also live in london, is it better to get accommodation or not? i don't want to but people say that some medicine lectures at unis like barts, kings, ucl etc. are late at night and its safer to stay in accommodation.
    ????
    Defo stay at home unless u are rolling in money and wanna waste thousands of pounds a year

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think 34/39 would equal to in QR in the real exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Defo stay at home unless u are rolling in money and wanna waste thousands of pounds a year
    ok thanks!! lol
    is it tru that there are like lectures at late night aswell tho???

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think 34/39 would equal to in QR in the real exam?
    A very good score!! is you use this equation-thing you can work it out:

the fraction you got x 600 + 300

so for you its 866.6

Thats amazing well done!

do you mind sharing how your getting such scores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    ok thanks!! lol
    is it tru that there are like lectures at late night aswell tho???
    I'm pretty sure that's not true. Where did u hear that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)

so for you its 866.6

Thats amazing well done!

HOW???????????

ReputationRep:
    But even if you live in london, surely its better to stay in accomodation as it will help save time and will also help make friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)

so for you its 866.6

Thats amazing well done!

I don't think the number is right, i checked and it's like 822 or something lol so not that amazing.

I was wondering what a score like that would give in the real exam judging off people guessing qs and their scores and etc because i don't think that method is right as it's different scaling each year if u know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that's not true. Where did u hear that?
    a few family friends who do medicine recommended that i get accomodation because sometimes doctors who give lectures finish late and you have to wait for a while and its usually in the evenings and stuff.... i really didn't want to get accomodation so i didnt know where to state that on my ucas ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    HOW???????????
    I got told on this thread that that's the equation to use?? i'm not sure if its 100% the correct score but it should be pretty close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    But even if you live in london, surely its better to stay in accomodation as it will help save time and will also help make friends?
    You don't exclusively make friends through accommodation, making friends isn't a problem at all as i've spoke to people who commute from home and it's literally the same. In some cases it preserves friendships more because they don't have chance to fall out by being too noisy or stealing food etc. Also everyone gets to know each other through the group chats anyway.
    The time it saves depends on how far u are from ur university but still, no amount of time is worth £6k+ a year

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the number is right, i checked and it's like 822 or something lol so not that amazing.

I was wondering what a score like that would give in the real exam judging off people guessing qs and their scores and etc because i don't think that method is right as it's different scaling each year if u know what i mean
    ohhh ok! how did you calculate 822?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    i got told on this thread that that's the equation to use?? I'm not sure if its 100% the correct score but it should be pretty close
    no i meant how is she scoring so high?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    ohhh ok! how did you calculate 822?
    With the method u used lol i think u may have put in wrong numbers in ur calculator or something

ReputationRep:
    What are you normally scoring out of 40. Bare in mind this was only on Medify's timed 40 questions

ReputationRep:
    i know! the highest ive managed to get on QR so far is 750 average but i'm still trying to do better because my VR is terrible! i just dont want my average to fall as a result of VR

ReputationRep:
    With the method u used lol i think u may have put in wrong numbers in ur calculator or something
    ok oh! sorry bout that lol !

ReputationRep:
    What are you normally scoring out of 40. Bare in mind this was only on Medify's timed 40 questions
    26 i scored...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.