36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

(Original post by The Unbeliever)
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Looks like this guy could use your help? :dontknow:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t#post22504101

ReputationRep:
    lol isn't it weird how at the start of the year:"Ok, I'm going to stick to my 19billion-hour study planner and get 5As!" and then it becomes more like:"Why the **** am I doing this?" and then:"Ugh give me a noose"

(Original post by LuhLah)
    lol isn't it weird how at the start of the year:"Ok, I'm going to stick to my 19billion-hour study planner and get 5As!" and then it becomes more like:"Why the **** am I doing this?" and then:"Ugh give me a noose"
    Is this your first year doing Highers? It's pretty much like that till about February/March when you start to finish the courses for your subjects and start doing past papers etc. It does get easier though, just hang in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Highers feels like your mind is locked in with molten hot iron and steel and there's a keyhole, but you can't find the key. It suddenly, by some miracle, opens when you answer the very first question in the test. :sigh:

Edit: I'm talking nonsense. Something got disconnected in my brain tonight. I am sure of it.
    No. Highers are like a horse, they go so quick but yet they can kick so hard, and only those with ability can master them. It takes pratice and hard work to ride them properly, and even then they can kick ya right in the bollox! (See, anticlimax!)

ReputationRep:
    Looks like this guy could use your help? :dontknow:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t#post22504101
    Nah, he's postgrad. That's a whole other world of pain - no nice coordinated UCAS process, and no straightforward (hah!) funding.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. But then you get to August and all your hard work pays off.

No. Highers are like a horse, they go so quick but yet they can kick so hard, and only those with ability can master them. It takes pratice and hard work to ride them properly, and even then they can kick ya right in the bollox! (See, anticlimax!)
    They do bite back when you're least expecting it. When I started off in 5th year, I thought by doing a little bit of studying for a NAB for about an hour the night before would be good, just like it was in SG for tests. How wrong I was :sad: slowly mended my ways after that. :sigh:

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Nah, he's postgrad. That's a whole other world of pain - no nice coordinated UCAS process, and no straightforward (hah!) funding.
    Cambridge sounds like it's torture. Still, you get an excellent degree from a very prestigious university. How are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    If you are good enough you an just apply to your own college and beg them to let you stay... :p:

ReputationRep:
    sounds like you're studying too much. perhaps relax a bit and if you mess up your prelims then start working harder. if you pass all 5 you'll be doing significantly better than alot of my year did in their prelims.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional from Glasgow.

Only applied on Wednesday. Glasgow seem to get back to everyone really quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    sounds like you're studying too much. perhaps relax a bit and if you mess up your prelims then start working harder. if you pass all 5 you'll be doing significantly better than alot of my year did in their prelims.
    Studying???? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    If you are good enough you an just apply to your own college and beg them to let you stay... :p:
    Well, yes, I rather get the impression that your college will let you hang around as long as you're willing to continue studying. :p: But it's still not a coordinated process, especially since I was talking in general terms, and not specifically about Cambridge.

Cambridge sounds like it's torture. Still, you get an excellent degree from a very prestigious university. How are you finding it?
    Well, you get an excellent degree if you do well in your exams, same as everywhere else. :p: I'm finding it to be a reasonable amount of work, and fairly challenging (genuinely fairly - some of it is very, very easy, other bits make me feel like a dunce, and all along the spectrum). Minus physics, however, I am enjoying the course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)

:party: Congratulations! Which is your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)

:top: Congratulations!

ReputationRep:

Made this in my PPA today. Isn't it lovely? :love:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I remember that! :p:

ReputationRep:

Made this in my PPA today. Isn't it lovely? :love:
    :confused: Water vapour?

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Water vapour?
    Er, the silver mirror?! :p: I forget what it is now, though. Some displacement reaction with a silver compound?

ReputationRep:
    Er, the silver mirror?! :p: I forget what it is now, though. Some displacement reaction with a silver compound?
    :sigh: Don't ask me, I never even did SG Chemistry (a fact that is a constant source of indignation for my father)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.