Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Lightning)
    Since you guys have been like my online family for this past year, I wanted to let you all know that I GOT A NQT JOB!!! I can't believe it, the competition was ruthless and to honest I did not think I would get it, but I did. It's an outstanding school too.

Thank you guys!
    Well done! All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Let's try and be positive

I'm teaching four year 12 pupils for my interview lesson on Monday. Everyone I've told so far sounds terrified at that idea.

I am now petrified.
    Considering I'm applying for a level jobs, my interviews have been the same. It is pretty scary though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going on my date with the technician tonight... sort of feel sick. I hate dates. I get so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Ahh well done!! Remind me of your subject?

We are all like a big online teacher training family :lol: . I hope we all move on to the NQT thread...if we get jobs...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Secondary maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam89)
    Guys question please

Has anyone gone from working in the industry (with a good job) then pursuing a PGCE thinking it's not right for you and going back to industry?

Did you get comments like - what a waste of a year etc?
    Yes im from industry and im going back for now. Dont think its a wasted year though. Its been an interesting challenge and taught me alot about myself and how i work with other people, plus always good to have another string to your bow

ReputationRep:
    Going on my date with the technician tonight... sort of feel sick. I hate dates. I get so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! He's probably just as nervous as you

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How exciting! Have fun. :-)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooooh! I'm vicariously excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adastraz)
    Good luck! He's probably just as nervous as you

(Original post by Esmeralda4)
    How exciting! Have fun. :-)

(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Ooooh! I'm vicariously excited!
    Sorry to disappoint you all (and myself) but it didn't go that well. We didn't seem to have much in common and I found it really awkward - he didn't say much and I felt like I had to keep making the conversation and asking questions. He didn't ask me anything about myself. He looked uncomfortable too :dontknow: . I don't know if he was just really nervous or bad at dates because he always came across as interested at school and over text.

But...I am fine with it. It is quite clear from talking to him more that he is not my type. As nice as it is to flirt with him at school, when we were sat forced to have a convo it was dire :lol: .

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to disappoint you all (and myself) but it didn't go that well. We didn't seem to have much in common and I found it really awkward - he didn't say much and I felt like I had to keep making the conversation and asking questions. He didn't ask me anything about myself. He looked uncomfortable too :dontknow: . I don't know if he was just really nervous or bad at dates because he always came across as interested at school and over text.

But...I am fine with it. It is quite clear from talking to him more that he is not my type. As nice as it is to flirt with him at school, when we were sat forced to have a convo it was dire :lol: .
    Ohh...

ReputationRep:

Oh no. :-(
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    What did you guys take with you to your interviews? Worried that I'm forgetting something obvious.

At least you gave it a go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd never gone down the dating at school route as he messaged me today asking if I want to go out again tonight and I'm really not interested but I can't ignore him cos I have to see him at work all the time. Even more looking forward to the end now haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd never gone down the dating at school route as he messaged me today asking if I want to go out again tonight and I'm really not interested but I can't ignore him cos I have to see him at work all the time. Even more looking forward to the end now haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you going? :-P

What did you guys take with you to your interviews? Worried that I'm forgetting something obvious.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I took my plan and resources (obviously), a bottle of water and a small folder with some evidence in. This wasn't a requirement and I didn't always refer to it but it certainly made me feel better knowing it was there in case! It mainly had resources and planning examples in from my practice.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just make excuses, say you have Uni work to do etc, hopefully he will stop asking. I wish there were cute guys at my school. There's only 2 male teachers (head and assistant head) and I'm pretty sure they're married.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

At least you gave it a go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I took the things I needed for my lesson, the normal things I have when I teach (whiteboard pens, teachers planner, red biro) and then my university folder that contains all of my observations. I didn't need the folder, but felt that if I'd had to justify something in my interview it would have been easier if I had the evidence with me.

ReputationRep:
    How much notice do you normally get for an interview? A job I applied for closed yesterday and they are interviewing on Wednesday. Assuming they send out interview invitations on Monday, it doesn't seem like much time.
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Are you going? :-P
    No, I am genuinely busy this evening. :P
    (Original post by Veggiechic6)
    just make excuses, say you have Uni work to do etc, hopefully he will stop asking. I wish there were cute guys at my school. There's only 2 male teachers (head and assistant head) and I'm pretty sure they're married.
    Yeah I think that's the way to go! Both of my placements have had some hot guys! I'm assuming your primary? There's a lot more men in secondary

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So, this is a wierd ass weekend. Ive got my uni tutor in on Monday to do my final university obs and go over of my paperwork, and as of today i suspect I might be pregnant....emotions are rather flying from mild panic to OMFG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratchit99)
    So, this is a wierd ass weekend. Ive got my uni tutor in on Monday to do my final university obs and go over of my paperwork, and as of today i suspect I might be pregnant....emotions are rather flying from mild panic to OMFG
    Oh my gosh, have you taken a test? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adastraz)
    Oh my gosh, have you taken a test? :eek:
    I took one this morning and it was faintly positive but i took a digital one this afternoon and it was negative so im not sure :/. Going to test tomorrow and see!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.