Ohhhh... I didn't realise you felt that way about :emo:
    Sorry but you scare me

(Original post by Zubby77)
    Unrequited love...:nooo:

Well he is Malevolent after all
    You got the right idea :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Honestly a lot of the people at Uni are beginners as well and are pretty poor. Go for it man and just work hard to improve.

I played when i was living in Australia and in the States. I stopped playing for a while then go back into it.
    Ugh I'm worried about going to uni and playing because I will be a complete noob :awesome:

But I am going to the States next year for gap year so hoping that I'll learn there but I'm going to a high school and obviously will get nowhere near any sort of team

Also I weigh like 9 stone (59kg) and I'm nigh on 6 foot tall... is there any place for me in American football?

P.S.

Sorry for ruining the love-in :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Ugh I'm worried about going to uni and playing because I will be a complete noob :awesome:

But I am going to the States next year for gap year so hoping that I'll learn there but I'm going to a high school and obviously will get nowhere near any sort of team

Also I weigh like 9 stone (59kg) and I'm nigh on 6 foot tall... is there any place for me in American football?

P.S.

Dude honestly many people in the Uni team start off as noobs then move on to the BAFL teams. If i can make the team as a 17 year old kid i think you have a chance. No ones expecting you to roll in and be perfect.

Going to America would be a great opportunity to get better.

However saying that for someone 6 ft you sound extremely light? I'm 172 pounds at 5 ft 8. I would definitely try get a little weight on you. Are you sure your that light?

ReputationRep:
    Dude honestly many people in the Uni team start off as noobs then move on to the BAFL teams. If i can make the team as a 17 year old kid i think you have a chance. No ones expecting you to roll in and be perfect.

Going to America would be a great opportunity to get better.

However saying that for someone 6 ft you sound extremely light? I'm 172 pounds at 5 ft 8. I would definitely try get a little weight on you. Are you sure your that light?
    Okay that's cool It would be cool to be good at something like that, I've always been decent at catching things

Yeah I am extremely light, my metabolism is massive. I am trying to bulk up but it's difficult I have to eat LOADS! Living in America for a year might help though

ReputationRep:

P.S.

Sorry for ruining the love-in
    :rolleyes:
    Dude we were having a moment :dry:

But yeah, Malevolent makes it sound like everyone will be terrible so it should be fine I reckon I've got decent hands, might be a good catcher. All those years of cricket will have helped with my hand-eye-coordination. Would love to throw a deep touchdown pass though :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Okay that's cool It would be cool to be good at something like that, I've always been decent at catching things

Yeah I am extremely light, my metabolism is massive. I am trying to bulk up but it's difficult I have to eat LOADS! Living in America for a year might help though
    Damn man in a way thats good but in this case its a little problem haha. Even at like 140 pounds I was getting hit damn hard. Definitely need to put on more weight

I mean i already had size going against me so the last thing i wanted to do was be small and weigh light. That equals pain and huge hits. Although saying that 6 ft is a pretty good height though could play a few positions.

Being good at catching is a good start

Dude we were having a moment :dry:

But yeah, Malevolent makes it sound like everyone will be terrible so it should be fine I reckon I've got decent hands, might be a good catcher. All those years of cricket will have helped with my hand-eye-coordination. Would love to throw a deep touchdown pass though :moon:
    Bro love

Not everyone will be terrible but i mean a lot of them will be like you starting out as a new guy trying something out. How good are you at taking a hit haha

ReputationRep:
    Damn man in a way thats good but in this case its a little problem haha. Even at like 140 pounds I was getting hit damn hard. Definitely need to put on more weight

I mean i already had size going against me so the last thing i wanted to do was be small and weigh light. That equals pain and huge hits. Although saying that 6 ft is a pretty good height though could play a few positions.

Being good at catching is a good start

Bro love

Not everyone will be terrible but i mean a lot of them will be like you starting out as a new guy trying something out. How good are you at taking a hit haha
    Man I dunno, I guess I'll find out though, gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh and

ReputationRep:
    Man I dunno, I guess I'll find out though, gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh and

Hey as long as your not like 4 ft or 400 pounds then you should be fine #

Oh god haha i love that episode.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but you scare me

P.S.

America for a year? Lucky sod! Definitely a great chance to play some high standard, haha.

Also invest in some mass gainer supplements and hit the weight room hard :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Latest Georgia Dome designs.

Both of them are phenomenal. Pantheon probably just edges it for me :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Latest Georgia Dome designs.

Both of them are phenomenal. Pantheon probably just edges it for me :drool:
    Saw that yesterday and thought that Pantheon one was unreal. However saying that I just don't know how their gonna build that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

P.S.

My highschool had 4 football teams if I remember correctly... Varsity, JV, Sophomore and Freshmen. I hadn't played a day of football in my life before, and I ended up playing JV for one year and second-string varsity for the next. Chances are, you'll be able to play, but you'll need to bulk up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    My highschool had 4 football teams if I remember correctly... Varsity, JV, Sophomore and Freshmen. I hadn't played a day of football in my life before, and I ended up playing JV for one year and second-string varsity for the next. Chances are, you'll be able to play, but you'll need to bulk up.
    Not just me who thought he sounded extremely light right ? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Not just me who thought he sounded extremely light right ? :laugh:
    Yeah. I mean, I'm like 170 on a 5'11'' frame and I could hardly play Free Safety on Varsity. The only reason I got to was because I had good ball skills and insticts.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I mean, I'm like 170 on a 5'11'' frame and I could hardly play Free Safety on Varsity. The only reason I got to was because I had good ball skills and insticts.
    Yeah man I'm 172 on a 5'9" frame :laugh: Definitely needs to bulk up

ReputationRep:
    Yeah man I'm 172 on a 5'9" frame :laugh: Definitely needs to bulk up
    Did you play in HS? Thought you wrote that somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Did you play in HS? Thought you wrote that somewhere.
    I played when i lived in the states not HS level

ReputationRep:
    I played when i lived in the states not HS level
    Ah, gotcha. What position?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, gotcha. What position?
    WR, Special teams Punt and Kick returner and like 4th string cornerback.

ReputationRep:
    WR, Special teams Punt and Kick returner and like 4th string cornerback.
    Hey, I returned a punt once! And fumbled it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.