Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    yea, pick up a newspaper to hear about it AFTER the bid had been made, congrats. There wasn't a hint of a clause until the bid was made.
    Just found out this morning, hopefully Suarez throws a tantrum and give in a transfer request. But then again if he does, there's no stopping him from doing it to us if we do sign him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    The sooner we can get suarez or someone similar the sooner we can focus on our other targets. I don't understand why they can't pursue all their targets at the same time instead of just focusing on suarez. Something tells me that if he did join, it wouldn't be for another 2-3 weeks and that would mean other signings would miss the whole preseason.
    Supposedly Wenger doesn't wanna spend 25 odd on Bender or Fellaini and then have Fabregas become available and not be able to afford him so he is waiting to see what happens there first

ReputationRep:
    yea, pick up a newspaper to hear about it AFTER the bid had been made, congrats. There wasn't a hint of a clause until the bid was made.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Liverpool.html And this article and others like it were from over a week ago...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Would be interested to see how koscielny would react if the transfer went through. And whether they'd get along :laugh:
    What happened between Kos and Suarez :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    So whoever said the Suarez deal was a bluff was wrong lol...some of the sports commentators on here.

Wenger is clearly trying to get him by thinking £40,000,001 would trigger a clause.

I don't want him. He isn't worth that. If we're willing to spend that much on him, I'd prefer rooney. Rooney is more of the player we need, a team player. Suarez wants the ball fed to him all the time like he's some sort of magician.
    Are you for real? Where has team play gotten us over the last 8 years? Not saying abandon team play but a slightly more "greedy" player in the calibre of a Suarez who can link up play, actually take on players, wants to score and is not afraid to shoot is something I'd really love to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    What happened between Kos and Suarez :confused:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...rez-is-a-cheat

ReputationRep:
    Higuain is in Rome ahead of a medical with Napoli. Video here of him arriving at the airport.

Looks like you guys might have competition for Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    No it was all over the media last week before the bid.

This kind of thing happens all the time, Suarez's agent has obviously just spread the word to everyone and their dog. Nothing to see here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Higuain is in Rome ahead of a medical with Napoli. Video here of him arriving at the airport.

From what I've seen on the madrid forums and their various itks its obvious that they are prioritizing Bale. In fact I have barely seen Suarez even mentioned by them.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really understand why Wenger would be willing to pay £40m+ for Suarez. Yes he is word class, but he lacks discipline and he's a cannibal - he's worth ~£30m max. But I suppose with Higuain going to Napoli, we don't have much of a choice. Is this just a a tactic to bid low enough not to get him, and high enough to have an excuse at the end of the transfer window to say "at least we tried and showed ambition"?

Our number one priority should be Cesc. If he is interested in a move back to the PL, it should only be us. I swear if he goes to United (very, very unlikely), I'm ****ing done with this ****!

ReputationRep:
    BBC reporting that Suarez wants talks with Arsenal. Don't know if you guys know this already or if it's even true, but it's encouraging at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)

May sound stupid but I think we can beat Madrid to his signature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H903)
    Don't really understand why Wenger would be willing to pay £40m+ for Suarez. Yes he is word class, but he lacks discipline and he's a cannibal - he's worth ~£30m max. But I suppose with Higuain going to Napoli, we don't have much of a choice. Is this just a a tactic to bid low enough not to get him, and high enough to have an excuse at the end of the transfer window to say "at least we tried and showed ambition"?

Our number one priority should be Cesc. If he is interested in a move back to the PL, it should only be us. I swear if he goes to United (very, very unlikely), I'm ****ing done with this ****!
    You said it - he's world class. Simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H903)

Yes very much so

Did the same with that supposed 30mil bid for Gotze

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Yes very much so

Enough with the conspiracy theories. Wenger is tight but he is not some kind of conman plotting to take all the cash he's saved over the years and run for the hills. Its obvious he wants Suarez badly, and I hope we get him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Yes very much so

I know it sounds cynical, but it must be exactly that.

I think Wenger should stick to what he knows best - finding bargains. If we can make a signing similar to Cazorla (but someone with more quality and consistency), we can compete.

Wenger needs to find a world-class player that's undervalued, like the next Drogba or Henry. If you want to buy a celebrity footballer, you have to pay a premium price. We should be paying for their ability, not for how famous they are.

ReputationRep:
    According to BBC, Suarez has been given permission to talk to Arsenal but they won't accept anything that isn't £50m+.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419

We'll see how determined Wenger is to sign Suarez, if this article is true,

ReputationRep:
    You won't get him for £40m. Remember chelsea tried to lowball us with Torres - and that was on the final day of the window.

Quite hilarious to see the climb down from Zurich who has gone from demanding he be expelled from football to seeing him as Arsenals great hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    You won't get him for £40m. Remember chelsea tried to lowball us with Torres - and that was on the final day of the window.

Quite hilarious to see the climb down from Zurich who has gone from demanding he be expelled from football to seeing him as Arsenals great hope.
    Are you having a laugh mate? You must be confusing me for someone else. I've literally been Suarez's strongest non-LFC defender on here. Check out the thread(http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2327754) made after Suarez bit Ivanovic where I'm playing it down to the hill and arguing that a ten game ban was excessive. I stayed mainly out of the racism affair but always said what he said wasnt comparable to Terry and that he was just a bit dim. :confused:

Also I was a fan of Saurez well before he came to England. I saw him play live half a dozen times for Ajax and always thought he was a class player. Even remember a debate on here before last season where I was laughed out for saying he was better than Rooney...

ReputationRep:
    Just imagine if this deal went through. Arsenal would have paid the second highest fee in premier league history wouldnt they? No one would be able to call Wenger tight fisted again surely?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.