Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Most of the day I was fine and had just forgotten about results but I just realised that I'd be finding out in a few hours and how I'm getting no sleep what so ever this night. I'm honestly a nervous wreck right now and really feel sick which is a shame since I've felt relatively calm and "accepted failure" for most of the holiday.

I suppose it's ok that my parents have taken off as much pressure as they could by saying it's ok if I ****ed up and can always retake a few exams, saying "failure leads to success" and blah blah but even then I'll still be dissapointed with my self if things turn for the worst tomorrow.

I don't know how I'm surviving the next 13 hours but for everyone else waiting for their results I wish you guys the best of luck and hope things turn out for the best.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe how much people beat themselves up over results, you're like 18 as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Can't believe how much people beat themselves up over results, you're like 18 as well?
    Be asian and you'll believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Be asian and you'll believe
    There is that . AR says his parents are not putting pressure on him though.

Best of luck anyway AR, try to relax.

ReputationRep:

easy to say once you're at uni lol

ReputationRep:

If my parents didn't put any pressure on me or lifted it during my education, asian self guilt mechanism let myself generate that pressure to place on my self lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    asian self guilt mechanism

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can confirm Asian self guilt mechanism is strong right now

ReputationRep:

Thanks I'm trying my best lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Who's Mangela? :confused:
    Isn't that the guy who's just signed for City?

(Original post by jam278)
    I get a big lunch. Sometimes cheat with a nandos if I ain't bothered to do homemade food.
    Why are you on such a carefully controlled diet Jammy? Are you stressed about your university degree, I know I am!

ReputationRep:
    the feel when track wont upd8 itself, sweatin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    the feel when track wont upd8 itself, sweatin.
    its ok bae.

i can be your hero baby.

i can stand by you forever.

ReputationRep:
    but how you gon stress over a level results really.

the real stress is 3 years later when you realise there are no jobs out there/ anything you want to do that pays right.

GCSEs: 4A*, 6As
    A Level/AS: AAAb
    Uni: 2.1 Law from a RG
    employment: nada.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    its ok bae.

i can be your hero baby.

i can stand by you forever.
    thx ur the only 1 gettin me fru dis tuff times. x

ReputationRep:

the real stress is 3 years later when you realise there are no jobs out there/ anything you want to do that pays right.

Damn that's tough
    All of your academic qualifications portray a very clever person who should do well in life, but no employment?

The system is so messed up
    They charge people 9k a year, but don't even make sure there are enough grad scheme jobs even for people who get as high as a 2.1?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    Damn that's tough
    All of your academic qualifications portray a very clever person who should do well in life, but no employment?

The system is so messed up
    They charge people 9k a year, but don't even make sure there are enough grad scheme jobs even for people who get as high as a 2.1?!!
    joke ting fam.

in fairness i've been offered roles in recruitment, but i'd rather shovel crap for a living in Bosnia, than be a head hunter.

and mine were only 3k a year tbf.

ReputationRep:

I remember back in 08 when I was still at college. One of my lecturers said this was a great time to be in college, because the job market is so bad. Even though it has improved a bit, there are still thousands of graduates with no job. 6 years now. I'm sure he must be still telling his students that now!

ReputationRep:
    joke ting fam.

in fairness i've been offered roles in recruitment, but i'd rather shovel crap for a living in Bosnia, than be a head hunter.

and mine were only 3k a year tbf.
    I'm gonna be 27k + student loan in debt, and then I'll have to find a masters too, gonna be fun for me...

Was the same for my bro - not gonna get in to it much but I don't know why they decided to triple it so rapidly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I remember back in 08 when I was still at college. One of my lecturers said this was a great time to be in college, because the job market is so bad. Even though it has improved a bit, there are still thousands of graduates with no job. 6 years now. I'm sure he must be still telling his students that now!
    they just peddle you from place to place to place. i think near enough everyone from my form (and most others) applied to go to uni, when the truth is that some of them arent cut out for it, and they would be better off spending there time elsewhere. we were told to go write our personal statements, but we werent even asked if we wanted to go to uni or not, they just peddled us through the system.

It's funny, i know some people who have turned to shotting, and they could have been doing that without uni, and wouldnt have to think about the debt either :moon:

ReputationRep:
    they just peddle you from place to place to place. i think near enough everyone from my form (and most others) applied to go to uni, when the truth is that some of them arent cut out for it, and they would be better off spending there time elsewhere. we were told to go write our personal statements, but we werent even asked if we wanted to go to uni or not, they just peddled us through the system.

It's funny, i know some people who have turned to shotting, and they could have been doing that without uni, and wouldnt have to think about the debt either :moon:
    Same thing happened at my college. We were asked if we wanted to go, and if anybody had other plans, the lecturers tried to persuade you into applying for uni. I mean, I understand why, because it was 2008 and things had just gone to ****, but as you said, not everyone is cut out for uni. I didn't actually plan to go myself, but was talked into applying.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Same thing happened at my college. We were asked if we wanted to go, and if anybody had other plans, the lecturers tried to persuade you into applying for uni. I mean, I understand why, because it was 2008 and things had just gone to ****, but as you said, not everyone is cut out for uni. I didn't actually plan to go myself, but was talked into applying.
    I remember one of my classes in Year 12, some guy in my class was having a conversation with the teacher about how he didn't want to go to uni. The teachers reply was ''What else are you going to do then? Dole queue?''.

Literally my position now, except I did History instead of Law. I've got a grad assessment day tomorrow for a really good job and i'm bricking it because i'm not an expert on the role. However it seems like a really good company to work for. The salary, the contacts, the progression opportunities... it's actually life changing :coma:

If I don't get that i'll probably just get a basic office job and try to get onto a grad scheme for 2015. My CV/academics/work experience are all really strong so i'm sure there will be something. Anything where I don't have to go back into retail tbh.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.