Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    £50m?
    Take him.
    £50m?

No thanks, maybe £40m if you're lucky.

(Original post by Numan786)
    Also has anyone realised we don't realt have a playmaker in the England team ? I mean we have players who can run at defences like sterling, ox, wilshere etc but no one like a cesc or ozil or silva of the team. I guess maybe wilshere is the closest or Rooney and then we did have someone like Scholes who could pick a pass and Gerrard to an extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To an extent, that's the role Carrick has, and I think Liverpool are trying to mold Henderson into the Gerrard type, although a bit leggier. Wilshere can also play that when necessary, but I agree, we don't have an incredibly creative player through whom every pass goes. Ozil/Kroos for Germany, Pirlo/De Rossi for Italy, basically everyone for Spain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    lmao would not want sterling with his 150k demands; alexis and ozil are only 140k pw.
    He'd probably ask for less due to the step up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Wilshere, Debuchy, Arteta and man like Diaby all played against a Brentford XI at Arsenal's training ground. I think the Liverpool game will be too soon though but it's nice to have them back (Obviously Diaby will not play).

Haven't heard anything about Ramsey and Welbeck though, I honestly doubt they're injured. Probably just pulling out of the international games.
    Diaby actually played :shock: Arteta's injury was a blessing in disguise but good to see him back.

ReputationRep:
    Also has anyone realised we don't realt have a playmaker in the England team ? I mean we have players who can run at defences like sterling, ox, wilshere etc but no one like a cesc or ozil or silva of the team. I guess maybe wilshere is the closest or Rooney and then we did have someone like Scholes who could pick a pass and Gerrard to an extent.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wilshere is the best playmaker he done well for England in that role at the beginning of the season. He won 4 MOTM in a row.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    He'd probably ask for less due to the step up
    liverpool to arsenal isn't really a step up, and if it is, its a very nominal one.

its like Gerrard said to Suarez, dont leave to go to Arsenal, they're the same as us, if you leave go to real big club.

ReputationRep:
    liverpool to arsenal isn't really a step up, and if it is, its a very nominal one.

its like Gerrard said to Suarez, dont leave to go to Arsenal, they're the same as us, if you leave go to real big club.
    Getting to play CL football for the foreseeable future can easily take a bit off the wage demands

ReputationRep:

yes it is.
    arsenal can offer consistent CL football, along with the (very) occasional trophy

liverpool cannot offer any consistency right now and haven't won a trophy in several years.

(Original post by difeo)
    Getting to play CL football for the foreseeable future can easily take a bit off the wage demands
    i agree - arsenal could give him game time and they could give it at the highest level.
    i'd definitely take a slightly lower wage if it meant i could play in the CL on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:

Gerrard is going to the MLS he should shut his mouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    £50m?

No thanks, maybe £40m if you're lucky.

To an extent, that's the role Carrick has, and I think Liverpool are trying to mold Henderson into the Gerrard type, although a bit leggier. Wilshere can also play that when necessary, but I agree, we don't have an incredibly creative player through whom every pass goes. Ozil/Kroos for Germany, Pirlo/De Rossi for Italy, basically everyone for Spain.
    "basically everyone for Spain" lol

I think Wilshere/ Rooney are the closest to a no 10 England have and one of them should play that role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i agree - arsenal could give him game time and they could give it at the highest level.
    i'd definitely take a slightly lower wage if it meant i could play in the CL on a regular basis.
    I don't think he would even make the starting 11 for Arsenal. He will not replace Sanchez on the left and Arsenal already have loads of players fighting for the rest of the midfield spots. He will not get in front of Ozil, Cazorla or Giroud as a striker.
    He would have to battle with Oz and Walcott for a place on the wing.
    There is no way he will make the middle of the midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Wilshere, Debuchy, Arteta and man like Diaby all played against a Brentford XI at Arsenal's training ground. I think the Liverpool game will be too soon though but it's nice to have them back (Obviously Diaby will not play).

Haven't heard anything about Ramsey and Welbeck though, I honestly doubt they're injured. Probably just pulling out of the international games.
    Ramsey played for Wales, he's fine. Welbeck should be back for Liverpool game. We don't need Wilshere or Arteta. If Debuchy is fit and sharp then play him cos he is the best left back we have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    Ramsey played for Wales, he's fine. Welbeck should be back for Liverpool game. We don't need Wilshere or Arteta. If Debuchy is fit and sharp then play him cos he is the best left back we have.
    Debuchy a right back, talking about right backs...
    -Debuchy
    -Jenkinson
    -Bellerin
    -Chambers
    what should we do for next season?
    I say chambers CB, but with jenko,debuchy and bellerin either bellerin goes on loan, or we cash in on jenko/debuchy
    However I don't want to see jenko leave, he has potential to be a very strong right back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    Debuchy a right back, talking about right backs...
    -Debuchy
    -Jenkinson
    -Bellerin
    -Chambers
    what should we do for next season?
    I say chambers CB, but with jenko,debuchy and bellerin either bellerin goes on loan, or we cash in on jenko/debuchy
    However I don't want to see jenko leave, he has potential to be a very strong right back.
    I'd rather keep jenkinson over bellerin as one is less likely to leave to barca than the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather keep jenkinson over bellerin as one is less likely to leave to barca than the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Strong selection policy

ReputationRep:
    Walcott playing in his best position IMO, second striker.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even pay 40m for Sterling. **** that.

ReputationRep:
    Phil Jones in midfield, oh dear

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/theowalcott/stat...10035449757696

lmfao, belongs with the Scousers with that delusion. Lad wouldn't even get on the bench if Ox and Welbz are fully fit for Saturday

ReputationRep:
    walcott is poverty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Strong selection policy
    jenkinsons a better player and a gooner through and through.

hector will **** off to barca asap

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.