26 i scored...
    did u finish all of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    did u finish all of them?
    no... i end up having guessed/skipped like 6-7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforunderdog)
    713 and band 1, tbh I'll be grateful no matter where I get in, what's your first choice?
    Same really.

1st choice my home town Aberdeen, then Dundee, then Edinburgh and St Andrews for the bants because I changed my mind and cba taking the BMAT if it's as stressful as this!.

Tbh, I probs won't et in because all the above uni's do need a reasonable UKCAT. Worth a shot anyway. Just worrying as my exam is round the corner and still cant break ppast 500 odd in my QR :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    26 i scored...
    19... :/

ReputationRep:
    no... i end up having guessed/skipped like 6-7
    Yeah i skipped 4 and guessed the other because they were taking long.
    I just skim the writing and basically go straight to the question because only like 1/4 require the info from the text. wbu

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i skipped 4 and guessed the other because they were taking long.
    I just skim the writing and basically go straight to the question because only like 1/4 require the info from the text. wbu
    AH I SEE. Yeh i have been doing the same...but some of them take so long like working out averages:
    1234 + 567 + 467 + 789 + 876 + 9876

those ones! which means i run out of time for easy ones...if i got one of these i think i would flag and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    19... :/
    out of 40? x

ReputationRep:
    With the method u used lol i think u may have put in wrong numbers in ur calculator or something
    Are you avoiding my question on purpose or did you block me, or do you just not want to tell me? O.O
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's been posted before but does anyone have the cut off scores for 2016 entries? ( preferably for the grad entry programmes!) Got my UKCAT coming up and want to start having a look at choices

ReputationRep:
    for those of you who have done the exam, in QR, did you get many pie charts, speed=distancextime, or schematic questions?

ReputationRep:
    out of 40? x
    Unfortunately, yes. And it fell down to 17 then 14. Like I am soooo scared it's unbelievable. I am preparing for that section but I average 1 minute minimum on each question and when I run out of time it always seems to be the easy ones I left out!!! AGGGHHH

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, yes. And it fell down to 17 then 14. Like I am soooo scared it's unbelievable. I am preparing for that section but I average 1 minute minimum on each question and when I run out of time it always seems to be the easy ones I left out!!! AGGGHHH
    I would say do all the easy ones first. which questions do you find hardest and when is your test? xx

ReputationRep:
    I would say do all the easy ones first. which questions do you find hardest and when is your test? xx
    Tomorrow (Thursday)!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not that it's just that my BASIC math is sooo bad because I moved schools and never really caught up. Paying the price rn ngl.

I'm sure you will do well though!

Wbu? How you getting along and when are you up to take the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    for those of you who have done the exam, in QR, did you get many pie charts, speed=distancextime, or schematic questions?
    Someone in school said he had mostly pie charts. he averaged about 723.

My good friend also had a lot of pie charts. He averaged 660.

My other good friend had mostly pie charts, unfortunately for him, he hates them. He averaged about 570 I think it was?

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow (Thursday)!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not that it's just that my BASIC math is sooo bad because I moved schools and never really caught up. Paying the price rn ngl.

I'm sure you will do well though!

Wbu? How you getting along and when are you up to take the test?
    mine is on monday!!
    i would say just polish up on pie charts and percentages!! go for the easy ones. DO NOT fall into the trap of spending too much time per a question.. cause u will miss out on easy ones xx

ReputationRep:
    Someone in school said he had mostly pie charts. he averaged about 723.

My good friend also had a lot of pie charts. He averaged 660.

My other good friend had mostly pie charts, unfortunately for him, he hates them. He averaged about 570 I think it was?
    what kind of pie chart questions tho? like were they easy or hard pie charts??? i hate them tooo lol

ReputationRep:
    mine is on monday!!
    i would say just polish up on pie charts and percentages!! go for the easy ones. DO NOT fall into the trap of spending too much time per a question.. cause u will miss out on easy ones xx
    Will post on Thursday how it really was so you guys can ask again then as I will have done it for sure!
    (Original post by mm_7)
    what kind of pie chart questions tho? like were they easy or hard pie charts??? i hate them tooo lol
    I'm not too sure tbh.

He said he got so many that he got used to them and could just fire through them? I guess that makes sense. He couldn't remember many of the questions or he just didn't want to tell me

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to resit both years of A-levels. You can fall short by a grade on one subject and just resit one unit to meet the requirements. Although if you apply as a resit your options are fewer, the chances of getting an offer from them universities is just as likely as they would be elsewhere with achieved grades because they don't take your resit into consideration.
    I'm pretty sure applying to a university having to do a resit of some units by the end of the year (which you have already done) and having a good chance of getting an offer is much more reasonable than doing a three year degree of which you don't necessarily have a passion for and then applying for medicine with an even slimmer chance.
    Some unis do allow you to get away with resitting one module but even then you may need, as I've seen some put, an 'extreme' or medical reason that caused you to perform not as well as you were expecting.

The main issue though is that the new A levels aren't divided into two years, it's all at the end of year two so any resitting, even just one module, is going to take you past the two year boundary that many unis have.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get into medicine with resits depending on the situation and where you apply to and obviously none of us want to spend three years on a course that isn't medicine but it may come down to it being your best chance.

ReputationRep:
    Urgent question:

On UKCAT NINJA I only have time for 1 of the mocks. Which one should I do? Mock 1 or Mock 2? Were they both the same or did you guys find one harder to the other or one more similar to exam than the other???

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for comprehension questions do you check each option???*
    I'm really bad at it😱😱😱*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.