Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I know what people are thinking because I talk to them...
    I'm also not saying that my veiw is the only correct one... I'm always open to being convinced but no one has done so.

:rolleyes:

A lovely part of our national anthem. Don't turn your back on our European brothers, stick with your family today and vote #bremain
    I thought you were against using emotion, saying stick with your family is nothing other than an emotive argument.

Surely if we need to stick with our family we should be working with the commonwealth rather than trying to continue a unhappy marriage.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Aph)
    Last ipsos MORI I saw suggested 60 in, 40 out excluding DK, comers giving remain a 6% lead and yougov a 51:49 remain win I'm happy the people will do the right thing.

Yes, because they all expect that the polls are rigged:rolleyes:
    Even if we vote out I hope Parliment overrules...
    Last weeks ipsos went out. They have another today.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Cast my ballot for Leave. Woman in polling station said turnout was high however this is a Leave area so who knows.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I thought you were against using emotion, saying stick with your family is nothing other than an emotive argument.
    #DoubleStandards
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I am... No one ever said I wasn't a hypocrite. I wish people would vote for reason but if they vote based on the UK national anthem I'm fine with it as long as it's my way as long as it's still legal.
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I just realised that the poll I saw was for May...
    Yougov is also attempting a pseudo-exit poll today.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Last ipsos MORI I saw suggested 60 in, 40 out excluding DK, comers giving remain a 6% lead and yougov a 51:49 remain win I'm happy the people will do the right thing.

Yes, because they all expect that the polls are rigged:rolleyes:
    Even if we vote out I hope Parliment overrules...
    IIRC Ipsos is the one that has been all over the place and could almost be said to be giving people what they want, not that they will be, and comres has consistently had remain way stronger than the average, even if you throw in a bit of weighting to balance phone vs online
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Cast my ballot for Leave. Woman in polling station said turnout was high however this is a Leave area so who knows.
    I've seen loads of Bremain posters in Sussex. I would be very surprised if a Brexit does happen.

ReputationRep:
    Just voted for brexit 1 vote closer
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Never thought you were someone for sentiment or emotion.
    I would not say you have to be particularly sentimental or emotional, especially after lots to drink including free pints for wearing a vote leave T-shirt, to remember what this country stands for and what one million mean from Britain and her colonial possessions died for in WWI, and more significantly half a million of our men, women, and children died for in WWII.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I've seen loads of Bremain posters in Sussex. I would be very surprised if a Brexit does happen.
    I've only seen 2 in cambs, but I've also been nowhere near Cambridge itself during the campaign, and it's expected to have the second strongest remain vote, second only to Gibraltar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

EU referendum poll:
    Remain: 52% (+5)
    Leave: 48% (-5)
    (via Ipsos Mori, phone)
    Excl. DKs.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I havent seen any here in sunderland.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I havent seen any here in sunderland.
    Strong leave expected there, so the night should start off strong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The mirror and sun have dome a good job of summing up the two campaigns

1466677297761.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Strong leave expected there, so the night should start off strong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From the people i have talked to i would expect a big leave vote, only 1 person i have talked to said they were voting remain.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Wonder how the floods will affect the referendum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Wonder how the floods will affect the referendum.
    According to Curtis, barely, unless it makes it harder for people to vote in which case I hope it's in remain areas
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    That's because you live near Brighton which is one of the most Remainy areas in the entire country. Here in Kent, there are so many Leave posters, signs and billboards that counting them has become a fun game when on the bus to Staplehurst station, and when one small Remain sign went up in the window of a bakery in Sissinghurst there were people clustered outside taking pictures of it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    From the people i have talked to i would expect a big leave vote, only 1 person i have talked to said they were voting remain.
    Probably the only time rural Kent and Sunderland will ever vote the same way.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    According to Curtis, barely, unless it makes it harder for people to vote in which case I hope it's in remain areas
    Apparently it's already closed a polling station in Kingston. News says south east but seems to be London outskirts which are indeed remain

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.