The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mathy, Ace from Space

How's the GTA now?? Haven't been back in so long, but hopefully we're going back for a bit in the summer :smile:

that's a lot of moving around!
I'm in Oakville, which is a hellish, endless surburban desert. I went around the Queen Street area past Exhibition in TO about a week ago though, I absolutely love it round there. Really want to live around there. I still don't know the area massively well though, and I don't know anyone over there. Family moved just over a year ago, and I'm still normally in the UK.

what brings you to the dep soc then?
Yay for 30mg tally and a doc that was nice, and my referral is being chased up!

Boo for exams and hunger. And alcohol, that's keeping me bubbling right now...
kiss_me_now9
That's harsh PC :hugs: I've never actually had a proper relationship... I don't like people that close.

hi hun how was christmas? uni any better?
Reply 6023
raspberrybubbles
Yay for 30mg tally and a doc that was nice, and my referral is being chased up!

I saw a big difference on 30mg above 20mg, hope the same goes for you :smile:.
Pocket Calculator
that's a lot of moving around!
I'm in Oakville, which is a hellish, endless surburban desert. I went around the Queen Street area past Exhibition in TO about a week ago though, I absolutely love it round there. Really want to live around there. I still don't know the area massively well though, and I don't know anyone over there. Family moved just over a year ago, and I'm still normally in the UK.

what brings you to the dep soc then?

Oakville...I think that's where my uncle lives...I remember driving there from Whitby, it only took like an hour but I was only like 7 so I was always like "Are we there yet?!" ...yes, I was that annoying :p:
Ugh, stupid university...I live waaaay too close to home and the temptation to go home means that I don't like going back, and I don't like it there anyway - I mean the course is okay, but I don't know/like a lot of people, and everything is too 'familiar', if that makes sense...
I didn't listen when people said not to go to university in your city, so :frown:
I'm thinking about reapplying for 2010, but my mom's giving me so much grief for it (finish your degree, don't change, how're you going to cope, blah blah blah), but she won't even listen to my side. You'd think for a psychiatrist she'd listen more, sheesh...
...and I hate exams :ahhhhh:, haven't revised, with a week left, cos I can't stop thinking about reapplying and how much happier I'd be somewhere else.
...so that's it, in a nutshell.
Hi everyone, especially new members :hugs:

PC, yes, I'm still going for the polo. Found a few that I like which are in our price range (£5000 max). Think I've found the one but as I have another 6 weeks until I get it, it will probably have been sold before then :frown: But then they'll have others in so I'll find one :smile:

Had a good ish day today. It was my day at Marie Curie which always keeps me occupied. My manager has just set her facebook status to "Jo has been working with Liz today, and thinks she is well "KOOL" x." Made me smile. And I saw an old friend and she said I was looking really well which cheered me up. Also found 2 places who are recruiting staff and even went into one place and asked them about it so I'll be applying there. And I managed to get round a few shops without spending loads and without buying chocolate :smile:

Mum spoke to my brother's psychiatric team today. They're offering her support now too as they're "seriously worried" about how my brother's behaviour is impacting on the rest of us. Quite relieved that they're going to help Mum as she's really struggling at the minute. They've told her that things have to change as my brother is obviously comfortable in his depressed state and they've also said that we have to accept that he'll never care about us and stuff. Wasn't nice to hear but probably was what we needed to hear to start moving on. Mum's also getting counselling but not sure when that will start.

How is everyone else? :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*

PC, yes, I'm still going for the polo. Found a few that I like which are in our price range (£5000 max). Think I've found the one but as I have another 6 weeks until I get it, it will probably have been sold before then :frown: But then they'll have others in so I'll find one :smile:

Had a good ish day today. It was my day at Marie Curie which always keeps me occupied. My manager has just set her facebook status to "Jo has been working with Liz today, and thinks she is well "KOOL" x." Made me smile. And I saw an old friend and she said I was looking really well which cheered me up. Also found 2 places who are recruiting staff and even went into one place and asked them about it so I'll be applying there. And I managed to get round a few shops without spending loads and without buying chocolate :smile:

Mum spoke to my brother's psychiatric team today. They're offering her support now too as they're "seriously worried" about how my brother's behaviour is impacting on the rest of us. Quite relieved that they're going to help Mum as she's really struggling at the minute. They've told her that things have to change as my brother is obviously comfortable in his depressed state and they've also said that we have to accept that he'll never care about us and stuff. Wasn't nice to hear but probably was what we needed to hear to start moving on. Mum's also getting counselling but not sure when that will start.

How is everyone else? :hugs:

Liz, well done about today :hugs:

I'm glad the psychiatric team are going to help your mum as well, I hope things work out well :smile:
Reply 6027
*pink_sapphires*

Mum spoke to my brother's psychiatric team today. They're offering her support now too as they're "seriously worried" about how my brother's behaviour is impacting on the rest of us. Quite relieved that they're going to help Mum as she's really struggling at the minute.

That's similar in some ways to stuff my family is going through. My brother's self destructive binge drinking is badly affecting my mum. She's actually on citalopram as well. She's actually thinking of buying a flat for him to live in so she can get rid of him and get a decent nights sleep. She suggested getting a flat for both me and him to live in but I told her I'd rather not:p:
Psyk
That's similar in some ways to stuff my family is going through. My brother's self destructive binge drinking is badly affecting my mum. She's actually on citalopram as well. She's actually thinking of buying a flat for him to live in so she can get rid of him and get a decent nights sleep. She suggested getting a flat for both me and him to live in but I told her I'd rather not:p:

My Mum is meant to be on anti-depressants but she refuses to take them. Mum told my brother that if he got kicked out of 6th form (which he has) then he had to go and live with Dad. But he won't and Dad is never home because of his job so there's not much Mum can do about it. Like you, we don't sleep because he's up at all hours on his xbox. he's not been up all day and is still in bed. i've been out, worked, come home, cooked, eaten and am now about to go back out to tesco and he's still asleep. so angry with him. anyway...better go to tesco before it shuts (it isn't a 24 hour one :frown:) back in a bit x
raspberrybubbles
Liz, well done about today :hugs:

I'm glad the psychiatric team are going to help your mum as well, I hope things work out well :smile:

Thank you! How are you feeling after today? :hugs: x
*pink_sapphires*

I'm liking the number of hugs that's used here, it cheers me up :smile:
:hugs: for everyone!!
Mathy, Ace from Space
I'm liking the number of hugs that's used here, it cheers me up :smile:
:hugs: for everyone!!

:hugs:
jonathan122

:grouphugs:
Reply 6033
I thought I might have had a chance with someone. But I was wrong.
Psyk
I thought I might have had a chance with someone. But I was wrong.

:hugs: What's up?
Reply 6035
For some reason I got this idea into my head that I might have had a chance with someone. But I was just getting my hopes up for nothing.
Just had the most relaxing evening in a very long time. Read a bit, did some knitting (I'm making a baby blanket for my cousin who is due on July 1st) and then watched 2 episodes of The OC. Didn't eat any chocolate and didn't think too much. YAY! :biggrin: Going to go to bed now for an early night.

Worried about my brother...he's not woken up since I've been home. That's at least 16 hours he's been in bed. I've checked his pulse and breathing but I'm scared. I don't know why he won't wake up. But he seems peaceful so I'm going to leave him and try and sleep. Just hope he is ok.
*pink_sapphires*
Just had the most relaxing evening in a very long time. Read a bit, did some knitting (I'm making a baby blanket for my cousin who is due on July 1st) and then watched 2 episodes of The OC. Didn't eat any chocolate and didn't think too much. YAY! :biggrin: Going to go to bed now for an early night.

Worried about my brother...he's not woken up since I've been home. That's at least 16 hours he's been in bed. I've checked his pulse and breathing but I'm scared. I don't know why he won't wake up. But he seems peaceful so I'm going to leave him and try and sleep. Just hope he is ok.

Glad you had a nice evening, hun. Take care.
jonathan122

Glad you had a nice evening, hun. Take care.

Thank you :hugs: I hope you are ok too. I must go to bed because if I don't, I'm going to worry about my brother and I won't sleep. Sorry. Love you all :hugs:

Oh, and Mathy, Ace from Space, this soc is full of hug giving hun. Just ask and hugs will be sent. Will chat more to you tomorrow. Sorry for my rather rude non-introduction. Hope you're ok. :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*

Worried about my brother...he's not woken up since I've been home. That's at least 16 hours he's been in bed.

Does he drink? I wouldn't worry. I've been out of it for 48 hours from drink. He's just snoozing it off!

Latest