Report 7 years ago
Can you put that picture in a spoiler?

It's ****ing hideous.
Formerly LieDown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can I just get it straight in my head: BBC America have said they are airing the first ep of the new lot 27th August? But BBC here hasn't actually confirmed it yet?

I just keep seeing different things in different places! I'm having my 21st on the 27th so need to have a back up organised if I am going to miss it, OR fit watching the episode into my party plans I assume if BBC America have said 27th we are safe with thinking that date as well? There is no way they would air it in America and not here (she says, hopefully, but ready to plan a revolution if not).
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Formerly LieDown)
Can I just get it straight in my head: BBC America have said they are airing the first ep of the new lot 27th August? But BBC here hasn't actually confirmed it yet?

I just keep seeing different things in different places! I'm having my 21st on the 27th so need to have a back up organised if I am going to miss it, OR fit watching the episode into my party plans I assume if BBC America have said 27th we are safe with thinking that date as well? There is no way they would air it in America and not here (she says, hopefully, but ready to plan a revolution if not).
The BBC don't release schedule information until a few weeks before the air date, so we haven't had a confirmation yet. But yes, BBC America have announced their date and there is no way they're getting it before us.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Formerly LieDown)

I doubt BBC America would get it before we do. I'm 99.9% sure that we'll get it on the 27th.

EDIT: Beaten to it :shakecane:
BethSwift
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Has anyone seen some of the interviews from Comic-con with Matt and Karen? There aren't many spoilers or clues as to what next season will bring, but some of the chatter is just really funny. Matt fangirl-ing over True Blood is one of them :P
Also, is anyone else looking forward to seeing James Corden coming back? (Should that be a spoiler? It's in the trailer...) I thought his character and the Doctor were brilliant together.
Formerly LieDown
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
The BBC don't release schedule information until a few weeks before the air date, so we haven't had a confirmation yet. But yes, BBC America have announced their date and there is no way they're getting it before us.
Cheers It';s just that I could only get the BBC America date and I was frustrated that I was missing out an announcement by the BBC! But thinking about it yes you are right they rarely announce anything until the last minute.

(Original post by Pandora./)
I doubt BBC America would ge tit before we do. I'm 99.9% sure that we'll get it on the 27th.

EDIT: Beaten to it
Thanks anyway
Super_girl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This article says:
‘Doctor Who’ returns to BBC1 on August 27

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...#ixzz1USBVvVwr
Formerly LieDown
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Super_girl)
This article says:
Ooh yes it does, thanks for posting this Sexy pics of Matt too
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This article says:
That article might say it, but the BBC haven't confirmed it yet.
Super_girl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That article might say it, but the BBC haven't confirmed it yet.
I think they would have a lot of annoyed people if they just plucked a date out of the air!
They easily could have said Autumn or Late Summer if they didn't have a credible date.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think they would have a lot of annoyed people if they just plucked a date out of the air!
They easily could have said Autumn or Late Summer if they didn't have a credible date.
Its a credible date - one we've been spouting for a while. It's doubtful to be earlier, as there are press viewings of the episode going on that week, and it's extremely unlikely to be later because BBC America have announced their date. It's just not something the BBC have actually confirmed.

I'm more curious about what time they're going to be showing it, though. Big Brother starts next week, and I believe X Factor is on its way, so that's two big competitors that they will have to deal with. Although, unless Channel 5 largely reschedule from what Channel 4 did, the Saturday programme would be a 9/10pm catch-up of the previous day's activities. Which leaves X Factor - something Doctor Who doesn't normally go up against (although Merlin faired fairly well last year).
Phobia27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Russell Tovey and Arthur Darvill chatting with each other on Twitter. :perv:
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The BBC and BBC America have both released a video recapping the first half of the series. The BBC America one is, in general, of much higher quality than the BBC one and goes in to greater depth for every episode (and is considerably longer) while the BBC one seems fairly low quality with sound problems and is kinda poorly edited together...

See them both here: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-6-re...medium=twitter
Pandora.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why have two posts just randomly been taken off here? The ones discussing a possible clash with the X Factor.

The BBC and BBC America have both released a video recapping the first half of the series. The BBC America one is, in general, of much higher quality than the BBC one and goes in to greater depth for every episode (and is considerably longer) while the BBC one seems fairly low quality with sound problems and is kinda poorly edited together...

See them both here: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-6-re...medium=twitter
Anyway, I agree about the BBC/BBC America recap thing. Does BBC America get a bigger budget for this type of thing?
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The posts probably got deleted because they didn't relate back to Doctor Who. I believe they were just asking when X Factor actually started?

And I don't know whether BBC America gets a bigger budget for teasers and trailers... to be honest it wouldn't cost very much to edit a promo like that. I could do it quite easily (if I was given footage without the accompanying background music). It's most likely more to do with the two bodies having different purposes for their videos, and wanting different things.
Pandora.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The posts probably got deleted because they didn't relate back to Doctor Who. I believe they were just asking when X Factor actually started?

And I don't know whether BBC America gets a bigger budget for teasers and trailers... to be honest it wouldn't cost very much to edit a promo like that. I could do it quite easily (if I was given footage without the accompanying background music). It's most likely more to do with the two bodies having different purposes for their videos, and wanting different things.
Sort of. They were referring to a past clash with Merlin and wondering if it would clash with DW. I see why the posts were deleted though.
And fair point, I didn't think of that.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BBCA have released a new poster: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/09/do...-poster-photo/

I can't remember what's in the background though...
Pandora.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BBCA have released a new poster: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/09/do...-poster-photo/

I can't remember what's in the background though...
I just clicked the link but I can't remember whether or not I saw it. This has happened about 10 times now...
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Awesome, Let's Kill Hitler on August 27th.... looking forward to it. How many episodes are in this part?
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
Awesome, Let's Kill Hitler on August 27th.... looking forward to it. How many episodes are in this part?
Six more. Lets Kill Hitler, Night Terrors, The Girl Who Waited, The God Complex, The Lodger Part 2 (not actual name but you get the idea) and then the final episode.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.51%
No - but I will (25)
5.52%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (217)
47.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise