Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousuf5465)
    I'm furious, a Gcse in which you really want an A*!! I'm scared that I do not end up getting a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For all you know, you might have done exceptionally well and WILL get an A*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereHarry)
    Today's the day I go into school for photos for the newspapers. Myself and the others who have been asked to come into school are meeting the assistant head at her office... It'll be so frustrating knowing that she'll probably know exactly how we've done, but just won't be allowed to tell us! Aargh!
    You've probably done amazingly well! They wouldn't invite you in otherwise, and they will probably hint that you did well, seeing as they are making you take time out of your normal routine to go in for photos. I think you'll be fine! Good Luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    Strange. Did you have to do shakespeare?
    Yes I did but that's was in year 10!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my... Systems boundaries are really high. That being said, I can't convert them to UMS yet so all hope may not be lost. If I'm right in saying, Systems is 60% coursework, 40% exam, so that gives me a bit of leeway. It's remarkable how low the Product Design boundaries are in comparison though: you need 110/120 in the Systems exam but only 87/120 for Product Design!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what happens on results day?
    When you are getting given your results does the teacher just give you your envelope or do they open it and read it out to you first?
    If they do that I think I'll die!!
    By the way hope everyone gets what they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    The AQA boundaries were a lot lower than I thought! I was expecting them to be quite high but it's surprisingly lower.

I'm very pleased about the ISA grade boundaries though. Best of luck to everyone tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's so frustrating knowing that some teachers already know our results! :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sea Bass)
    Does anyone know what happened on results day?
    When you are getting given your results does the teacher just give you your envelope or do they open it and read it out to you first?
    When my sister got hers, everyone stood in a queue and they handed out the envelope to each individual. Also happened to my friend who received hers last week! I think it's mean if they read them out, and tbh, they probably won't, and they may already know how everyone's done anyway!

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    My school they have a big table and you have to find your name

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone read my above post please..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCoolBK)
    The AQA boundaries were a lot lower than I thought! I was expecting them to be quite high but it's surprisingly lower.

I'm very pleased about the ISA grade boundaries though. Best of luck to everyone tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, I thought the science grade boundaries would be high, I hope the examiners did not mark it harshly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    My school they have a big table and you have to find your name

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? That's awful! :eek: I thought they'd got rid of those. It's too easy to misread your results that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie238)
    It's so frustrating knowing that some teachers already know our results! :eek4:
    I know right! I've decided not to look at teachers directly in the eye! I don't want any looks of disappointment or pity hahaha, Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Where are the AQA certificate boundaries?

Yours sincerely,
    Alec Robertson.

ReputationRep:
    they give u an envelope which contains all of ur results. That's all what happens really. You go in, collect ur results and simply walk out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's at 9am tomorrow for me...what about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Who is going to be opening results by themselves in a corner somewhere, and who's going to open them with friends or with lots of people nearby??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiiNaa_)
    Does anyone else feel that the grade boundaries for edexcel music listening paper are too high this year?!?!?!?!
    YES! 72/80 for an A* is ridiculous considering how hard the exam was!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCoolBK)
    they give u an envelope which contains all of ur results. That's all what happens really. You go in, collect ur results and simply walk out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    I know right! I've decided not to look at teachers directly in the eye! I don't want any looks of disappointment or pity hahaha, Good Luck
    Me too! I bet a teacher will come up to me before I've even opened them and give it away! Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.