Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Feeling very positive and excited about uni today. Lots of discussion going on in a Nottingham group about gigs and I've found a few people with really similar music tastes and we are planning to go to a couple of gigs together.
    I feel like today is a good day .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoberbaby)
    Feeling very positive and excited about uni today. Lots of discussion going on in a Nottingham group about gigs and I've found a few people with really similar music tastes and we are planning to go to a couple of gigs together.
    Hearing that it won't just be a good day, but a good uni year ahead of you!

ReputationRep:
    I feel so horrible. I had two panic attacks last night; I feel like I'm going to fail my GCSEs. My results are going to be rubbish because I was too lazy and this stupid problem I have is so hard to cope with.

I keep on thinking that I'm going to be an alcoholic, just like my dad, his two brothers and their dad.

Why does life give me so much ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)

That's amazing! :woo:
    Yep so i CAN finish my degree. She said ill get my professional qualification even if she has to force me to graduate at give me it herself haha
    So i feel alot better after finally speaking to her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoberbaby)
    That sounds awesome! Aside from like 2 of my mates here i don't think anyone else has the same music tastes as me .__. Im sure you will get on with those ppl real well now that you have strong common ground

-

Its pretty silly that it takes my pc breaking to get me out the house, and worse still that i really don't have the funds to pay for the new hdd. At least I've booked a needed haircut, which will get me out the house again, but guh, even more money.

On a positive note this skittles milkshake is godly, but curse u brainfreeze x]

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    feeling better so far today, slept last night eventually, woke up to good news from my girlfriend and now waiting for food to cook whilst watching Supernatural

gonna test out the games I downloaded later (all freeniums )

ReputationRep:
    Sigh sigh sigh sigh.
    Today has been quite hard for some reason. Being awfully sleep deprived is not making things any easier.
    The only good thing I can draw from today is that I was able to go out for a bit, and an old man called me an angel and said I had a kind heart :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Spoke to my personal tutor today and she said i can claim extenuating for the resit period and redo my dissertation and do my placement file for the next hand in date which will be next summer
    Just need to apply for it

So happy she said i wont have to go to lectures and it will only cost the dissy resit fee

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great news :woo: :hugs:

(Original post by lonelybrummie)
    I feel so horrible. I had two panic attacks last night; I feel like I'm going to fail my GCSEs. My results are going to be rubbish because I was too lazy and this stupid problem I have is so hard to cope with.

I keep on thinking that I'm going to be an alcoholic, just like my dad, his two brothers and their dad.

:console: Try not to beat yourself up too much, whatever the outcome. You've had lots to deal with and I understand how difficult it can be to juggle school work with other problems. You might have done a lot better than you think, anyway :yes: Good luck and I hope you get what you want and need

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    feeling better so far today, slept last night eventually, woke up to good news from my girlfriend and now waiting for food to cook whilst watching Supernatural

PERSOM

did you tell your mum?
    and dont scare her like last time

(Original post by 08batee)
    Sigh sigh sigh sigh.
    Today has been quite hard for some reason. Being awfully sleep deprived is not making things any easier.
    The only good thing I can draw from today is that I was able to go out for a bit, and an old man called me an angel and said I had a kind heart :angel:
    so proud you managed to go out hun
    you dont have to make a decision on uni yet, and remember you can always defer for a year
    and you definately do have a kind heart :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hearing that it won't just be a good day, but a good uni year ahead of you!
    Mmm am feeling fairly positive about it now, I think it's just what I needed

(Original post by Meaty_man)
    That sounds awesome! Aside from like 2 of my mates here i don't think anyone else has the same music tastes as me .__. Im sure you will get on with those ppl real well now that you have strong common ground

-

Its pretty silly that it takes my pc breaking to get me out the house, and worse still that i really don't have the funds to pay for the new hdd. At least I've booked a needed haircut, which will get me out the house again, but guh, even more money.

On a positive note this skittles milkshake is godly, but curse u brainfreeze x]

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I hope so!
    Results has been the only time I've left my house this week so I certainly know how you're feeling. Sorry you don't have the money to get it fixed though Computers breaking is such a pain.

Skittle milkshake? Where did you get such a thing?

(Original post by SciFiRory)

Spoke to my personal tutor today and she said i can claim extenuating for the resit period and redo my dissertation and do my placement file for the next hand in date which will be next summer

So happy she said i wont have to go to lectures and it will only cost the dissy resit fee

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel like there is plenty of good news here, hope even more of our other members are having a good day, :hugs: all round.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling so good :console: you never know, you might receive a pleasant surprise on results day? I always find that in the weeks leading up to results I convince myself I've done worse and worse and worse and then find I've done all right.
    If you don't wanna end up down that route then I believe that you have the strength and willpower not to, we will all be here to support you

Sigh sigh sigh sigh.
    Still worrying what to do in regards of uni? You've still got some time so if you haven't decided yet it's fine :hugs:
    Good on you for going out, well done & old man speaks the truth

ReputationRep:
    Well you certainly try. Probably said that before but I think you can't ask much more than that.
    True. Only problem is, how long can I keep trying at something before I have to accept that maybe it's not happening for me? Sigh, life is such a chore....

ReputationRep:
    :console: Try not to beat yourself up too much, whatever the outcome. You've had lots to deal with and I understand how difficult it can be to juggle school work with other problems. You might have done a lot better than you think, anyway :yes: Good luck and I hope you get what you want and need
    I keep on trying to tell myself that everything will be fine, I don't think it will get better. I mean I've seen people do great and me, I think that gets me so down because that's meant to be me. It isn't though.

I hope I have done better than I think, it's just that I really need something good going for me now otherwise I'm going to go AWOL.

Thank you for your support.

ReputationRep:
    why does it have to be the weekend?
    now iv finally found out i CAN sort my uni stuff out, i want to sort it out, so i can get a drs note and send off the extenuating circumstances forms.

but its made me feel so much happier knowing i dont have to move back to uni, because she said i can do it all at home, and i have an entire year to just focus on 2 bits of work, and it will only cost me the price of a resit. so my mums happy about that.

i need to sort so much out i dont even know where to start. this good news has just hit me that life is getting real again after 2 months of hiding

iv just realised, if i claim extenuating circs and do my resit work, and the extenuating work, will i still be classed as a student?

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I'm worried that I'm starting to **** things up with my boyfriend now . I've been sending him some very moody ranting texts lately, and he's not the sort of person who knows how to deal with this stuff well, as he just tells me things like I should just cheer up and that thousands of other people in the world have it worse than me. We're also long distance so there's already extra stress from that that I'm feeling down about as well as other issues in my life. This is the longest I've gone so far without seeing him, and he's due to come visit me in two weeks, and I really hope I haven't put him off too much. I know that if I let my depressive moods destroy our relationship, I will be devastated and won't know how to cope, as I really care about him and would very much like a future with him. So I guess this is something that's really spurring me to try harder to get some therapy to sort myself out, even if I end up having to pay loads to go private, since at it's better than relying on free services that won't help me and better than doing nothing at all.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Just did that :yep:. I don't meet the lower entry requirements of 240 points with C in ICT (it was previously 280 points with C in ICT). I have 160 points as I got CDUe. Don't know how Bedfordshire accepted me as the offer for that was 200 points. My parents have said that I shouldn't go if I don't feel fully happy about going, and should instead retake the year. I have sent an email to Bedfordshire asking to be released from my offer (they do it by email) and I stated that I would not be able to attend due to poor mental health.
    I think your parents are right. Good decision you've made there :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fab stuff! :woo:

Sigh sigh sigh sigh.
    You're def an angel. What a wise old man you met! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Fab stuff! :woo:
    already hit a brick wall :sad:

in the fact ill still be classed as a student wont i??

so confused about money WHILE im doing it...
    no benefits, cant get the ESA my support worker was considering, dunno if ill be full or part time, so dunno about SFE so my only option would be to get a job ASAP.
    my mums happy to pay the £80 resit fee, but then what about money to live off

about to break down

ReputationRep:
    Came back from my holiday/break where it was nice and peaceful and away from big cities/towns for a bit. Starting to get post-holiday blues as I liked the peace and calmness of not having to do anything stressful. There was this nice spot where I overlooked the beach and at sunset, it was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I keep on trying to tell myself that everything will be fine, I don't think it will get better. I mean I've seen people do great and me, I think that gets me so down because that's meant to be me. It isn't though.

I hope I have done better than I think, it's just that I really need something good going for me now otherwise I'm going to go AWOL.

Thank you for your support.
    Anyway it is just GSCE. (I know, doesn't help, but it is good to take things into perspective and see your academic and professional future as long term development with still plenty of possibilities to improve, thus you can really concentrate on the mood and should not worry too long over the first big exams.)

ReputationRep:
    already hit a brick wall :sad:

in the fact ill still be classed as a student wont i??

so confused about money WHILE im doing it...
    no benefits, cant get the ESA my support worker was considering, dunno if ill be full or part time, so dunno about SFE so my only option would be to get a job ASAP.
    my mums happy to pay the £80 resit fee, but then what about money to live off

about to break down
    I know its hard, but try not to panic. There are options available to you. Firstly, you may not be classed as a student if you are not studying (you would need to check with the uni). But even if you are, there are options. I've managed to live on benefits last year whilst classed as a student, so it is entirely possible. If you want PM me and I will help as much as I can, even if its just talking through options. Also there is the CAB, they are amazing help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.