TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope Watch

ModernGoodGuy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TitanCream)
Everything is so hard, nothing is going right.
And how does this give you doubts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TitanCream
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ModernGoodGuy)
And how does this give you doubts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like, despite all my hard work and efforts, I have so little in life.
ModernGoodGuy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel like, despite all my hard work and efforts, I have so little in life.
Little in terms of achievement and things or family and friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Little in terms of achievement and things or family and friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Home, life, friends, familiies. The one good thing I have is education.
ModernGoodGuy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Home, life, friends, familiies. The one good thing I have is education.
In life things can change and take a 180 degree turn. This is true regardless of your belief. You have to keep positive and take charge, can you take up sports clubs or hobbies to meet friends?

How does this affect your belief in God though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In life things can change and take a 180 degree turn. This is true regardless of your belief. You have to keep positive and take charge, can you take up sports clubs or hobbies to meet friends?

How does this affect your belief in God though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To use the old cliche, why is God being so harsh to me?
Racoon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How can you be sure God is being harsh to you?
Life is harsh.
Without hope life is almost impossible.
In God at least we have a hope.

Without God life is harsh and there is no hope.

Look at the life of Paul :-

Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes.
Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned,
three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep.
I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren;… (2 Corinthians 11)

Now that was harsh.

This life is harsh, what can I say. We all face harsh times.

But, God does not leave us. He gives us promises of hope

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.… (Jeremiah 29)

So, in this life we face harsh times, God loves us and gives us hope for the future.

I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world." (John 16 v 33)

Trust God and lean on His promises for you.
ModernGoodGuy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well if your friends and family are acting a certain way to you, Christianity teaches that is nothing to do with God. People have autonomy - they have free will. If these people are being harsh to you then it is the fault of people.

However, that doesn't mean bad things don't happen to good people. They do, and the bottom line is we don't know why God allows it to. But I don't think that you should doubt God because you don't know why your life is how it is.

Here's a kind of reversal idea: what if this is a chance to get closer to God? That loneliness leads you to him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well if your friends and family are acting a certain way to you, Christianity teaches that is nothing to do with God. People have autonomy - they have free will. If these people are being harsh to you then it is the fault of people.

However, that doesn't mean bad things don't happen to good people. They do, and the bottom line is we don't know why God allows it to. But I don't think that you should doubt God because you don't know why your life is how it is.

Here's a kind of reversal idea: what if this is a chance to get closer to God? That loneliness leads you to him?
Thats a good way of thinking about it, but I still feel as if nothing is getting better. I feel really distant from book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by Racoon)
How can you be sure God is being harsh to you?
Life is harsh.
Without hope life is almost impossible.
In God at least we have a hope.

Without God life is harsh and there is no hope.

Look at the life of Paul :-

Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes.
Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned,
three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep.
I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren;… (2 Corinthians 11)

Now that was harsh.

This life is harsh, what can I say. We all face harsh times.

But, God does not leave us. He gives us promises of hope

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.… (Jeremiah 29)

So, in this life we face harsh times, God loves us and gives us hope for the future.

I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world." (John 16 v 33)

Trust God and lean on His promises for you.
Things are just really tough...
Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Things are just really tough...
Really sorry to hear that. It can be tough at times.

Can you chat to someone about what's going on at the moment. Sometimes its good to share?

I'm going to pray for you anyway if that's ok.
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Racoon)
Really sorry to hear that. It can be tough at times.

Can you chat to someone about what's going on at the moment. Sometimes its good to share?

I'm going to pray for you anyway if that's ok.
Only my girlfriend, but there's only so much I want to tell her because she's a fragile lamb who needs protecting. Thank you I really appreciate it, I have prayed and I realise that I am to blame also, I haven't tried hard enough and the promises I make to God I break in hours. I realise that I am holding myself back.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Only my girlfriend, but there's only so much I want to tell her because she's a fragile lamb who needs protecting. Thank you I really appreciate it, I have prayed and I realise that I am to blame also, I haven't tried hard enough and the promises I make to God I break in hours. I realise that I am holding myself back.
Hej! Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden. A quick one to say I'm praying for you from here :hugs:
TitanCream
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Hej! Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden. A quick one to say I'm praying for you from here :hugs:
Thank you
Mollymod
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mollymod)
Hi guys!
:hi:
Mollymod
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How would you deal with a boyfriend cheating on you whilst you're abroad?

Obviously we've broken up now and he's subsequently dating another girl who is the opposite of me in most ways which is why I'm wondering if he ever truly liked me because to go for such a polar opposite is absolutely befuddling.

Everybody has a type, but to be cheated on whilst abroad does truly suck. It's interrupting my ability to sleep or concentrate so I'm truly unsure of what I can do to ease the pain other than praying daily.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How would you deal with a boyfriend cheating on you whilst you're abroad?

Obviously we've broken up now and he's subsequently dating another girl who is the opposite of me in most ways which is why I'm wondering if he ever truly liked me because to go for such a polar opposite is absolutely befuddling.

Everybody has a type, but to be cheated on whilst abroad does truly suck. It's interrupting my ability to sleep or concentrate so I'm truly unsure of what I can do to ease the pain other than praying daily.
Oh hun, I'm so very sorry that this has happened to someone as nice as you are I've no advice since I've never been in such a situation. Just keep talking to people about how you're feeling: better out than in :console:
Mollymod
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Oh hun, I'm so very sorry that this has happened to someone as nice as you are I've no advice since I've never been in such a situation. Just keep talking to people about how you're feeling: better out than in :console:
That's okay, it's just the new girl is very active on social media and is likely to rub it in my face soon and his constant defences of her character aren't really what I need to hear right now. I am not upset with her, she doesn't know me, she's not my friend, she owes me nothing, I'm just a stranger.

I'm just disappointed that when he told me how she would approach him and speak to him whilst we were together, I deemed it inappropriate and he did nothing to nip it in the bud. I'm just upset that he passively allowed things to progress.
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's okay, it's just the new girl is very active on social media and is likely to rub it in my face soon and his constant defences of her character aren't really what I need to hear right now. I am not upset with her, she doesn't know me, she's not my friend, she owes me nothing, I'm just a stranger.

I'm just disappointed that when he told me how she would approach him and speak to him whilst we were together, I deemed it inappropriate and he did nothing to nip it in the bud. I'm just upset that he passively allowed things to progress.
If she's not your friend, can you block her (and even him if needed) on social media? May not be the most grown up response, but sometimes it can help/be what's needed. Especially if you do it on a temporary basis while you/they get over the worst.

Overall, be kind to yourself. This is not your fault, it's in him. If he's not mature enough to break up with you before moving onto his next girlfriend, then you deserve someone better :yep:
Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ

Such a great verse. Jesus is the light of the world, without Him there is only darkness.

When things are dark everything is helpless and hopeless. You can't see where you are going and you can't find your way out. Blackness is actually a weight. Blackness can literally drag you down, weigh you down, overwhelm you and engulf you.

Light beings newness, light is life, light is hope, light is a way out 'I can see light at the end of the tunnel'

That light in life is Jesus! He is the light of the world.

Happy Sunday everyone, turn your face to Jesus if you feel you are in darkness and he will bring light into your life.

2 Corinthians 4 v 6
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.38%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (157)
40.57%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.05%

Watched Threads