The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Humiliated by Barnsley. A reality check is always needed I guess...
Jonjo's second goal. My word.
Much needed win for us and Garry Monk tonight. He'd be looking for a new job had we not won that, I think.
A shame the leaders Huddersfield slipped up - and a shame there's no League One/Two action this week. Anybody know why?
Original post by Mackay
A shame the leaders Huddersfield slipped up - and a shame there's no League One/Two action this week. Anybody know why?

I'm guessing it's just because they played a round of games on the international break weekend which put them a round of games ahead of the Championship. After the Championships mid week games we'll all be back in sync.
Original post by scriggy
I'm guessing it's just because they played a round of games on the international break weekend which put them a round of games ahead of the Championship. After the Championships mid week games we'll all be back in sync.

Ah good point. Bristol Rovers played last night, but that's the only third tier fixture I think.
I really hope Villa take their chances tonight, tough one against Brentford.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Humiliated by Barnsley. A reality check is always needed I guess...

Weird how nearly every ex-Wolves player comes back and has the game of their season so far...
Great game at Rotherham tonight. 2-2. Dig out Forest's second. An absolute belter.
Villa are actually shocking lmao
No win since August 13 for Villa, and they're admittedly stumbling, but Brentford are a good side and since their opening day loss have only lost once - by a 1-0 goal margin, too - and beaten the likes of Brighton and Ipswich. They're no mugs.
[QUOTE="Midlander;67386560"]
Original post by Icecream1

Glad none of my money is being wasted on them at present.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting for that elusive first win....:erm:
Stats are saying Villa have made more interceptions than any other team.
Don't think I ever made my preseason prediction so i'll cheat and do one now. I'm always miles off so it can't hurt :tongue: Lets go with a 9th place finish this season. Ever unconfident I don't think we'll get the playoffs this season.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Don't think I ever made my preseason prediction so i'll cheat and do one now. I'm always miles off so it can't hurt :tongue: Lets go with a 9th place finish this season. Ever unconfident I don't think we'll get the playoffs this season.

I really though you would beat Birmingham :frown:
Norwich home in the cup, absolute meh of a cup tie.

So many teams we could've had and we got Norwich
Original post by Rock Fan
I really though you would beat Birmingham :frown:

Me too after the goal went in :wink: credit to Birmingham however, kept at it and sussed us out.
Introduction of B sides into the football league has been rejected. Governing bodies looking on in favour of the smaller clubs, for once.
I didn't think they would there, thank god the small clubs for once were looked after there.
Reading 1-0 Hudders :angry::angry:

Quick Reply

Latest