Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    How did you try and cheat me out of 0:00-0:08 of that video? We've got issues now.
    :lol: the link already had it cut to that point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    http://www.insidespanishfootball.com...ociedad-stay//

And the interview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVtMl6zkUP0#t=49

Though I can understand if they've interpreted it wrong etc and I guess it doesn't exactly rule out an Arsenal move
    Vela looking kinda sexy ya know, sign him up! :sexface:

Would prefer Griezmann tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Blinded by a once great man, sad.

It was set up perfectly for him to move on, but he's chosen to continue this cycle.

This cash did not appear overnight we've always had cash to spend, maybe not £100m+ or whatever, but it's been there and could have been used when we required just 1 or 2 players to push us over the line, but wasn't.

Nice way of avoiding the fact that we finished 4th with the 79 points bit there!! :lol:
    So what, Wenger's job is now to control how many points the other teams get? 79 points is a fine total, and a significant improvement on the last few years. When Wenger has a settled squad, he improves on the previous year and so I think we can get 80+ next year. If we got a new manager in, say the vastly overrated Martinez, and we got that then we'd all be singing his praises so why is Wenger not appreciated for the same?

On the cash, do people realise that it is Wenger who created this cash to begin with? The club didnt win it in a raffle, Arsene spent so little over the early Emirates years and sold so well that this cash built up. So as far as I'm concerned it is his as he wishes with, I think he will spend well this summer.

Wenger is still a world class coach, the results of his coaching are self evident in the likes of Ramsey/ Koscielny turning into world class players in front of our eyes.

Said it many times, but Wenger took this club another 3/4 levels higher and sacrificed alot for us(people talk about Arsenal not winning anything in those years, but how many trophies could Wenger have won had he accepted the offers he's had?) so it's only fair that he gets a few years at least to have a go with the team he built up, unrestricted

ReputationRep:
    genuinly a sad sign of modern football.. that the longest serving manager is wanted out, by his own fans, after finally being able to get back to winning ways..

as if finishing in the top4 is an awful failure.. a cup in 9 years is not enough.. a good league challenge this year, is awful.. highest points total in 5 odd years is dredfull..

People need to get a grip. arsenal are a good club, but no club has any given right to win trophies... and just an objective look at how far arsenal have come over the last decade should show how much wenger deserves a few more years.

Its just pathetic.. how some define mediocraty as 'constantly being one of the top4 clubs out of 72.. and constantly qualifiying for the highest club competition in europe..

Football fans are spoilt and impatient these days, and loyalty seems long gone.

ReputationRep:
    Get in Wenger signed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    genuinly a sad sign of modern football.. that the longest serving manager is wanted out, by his own fans, after finally being able to get back to winning ways..

as if finishing in the top4 is an awful failure.. a cup in 9 years is not enough.. a good league challenge this year, is awful.. highest points total in 5 odd years is dredfull..

People need to get a grip. arsenal are a good club, but no club has any given right to win trophies... and just an objective look at how far arsenal have come over the last decade should show how much wenger deserves a few more years.

Its just pathetic.. how some define mediocraty as 'constantly being one of the top4 clubs out of 72.. and constantly qualifiying for the highest club competition in europe..

Football fans are spoilt and impatient these days, and loyalty seems long gone.
    I agree, he definitely deserves a new contract. He did well this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    So what, Wenger's job is now to control how many points the other teams get? 79 points is a fine total, and a significant improvement on the last few years. When Wenger has a settled squad, he improves on the previous year and so I think we can get 80+ next year. If we got a new manager in, say the vastly overrated Martinez, and we got that then we'd all be singing his praises so why is Wenger not appreciated for the same?

On the cash, do people realise that it is Wenger who created this cash to begin with? The club didnt win it in a raffle, Arsene spent so little over the early Emirates years and sold so well that this cash built up. So as far as I'm concerned it is his as he wishes with, I think he will spend well this summer.

Wenger is still a world class coach, the results of his coaching are self evident in the likes of Ramsey/ Koscielny turning into world class players in front of our eyes.

Said it many times, but Wenger took this club another 3/4 levels higher and sacrificed alot for us(people talk about Arsenal not winning anything in those years, but how many trophies could Wenger have won had he accepted the offers he's had?) so it's only fair that he gets a few years at least to have a go with the team he built up, unrestricted
    I'd want someone who can now take us forward, rather than having to deal with another 'transitional' period. Other teams won't stand still, while we improve so will they, it's just about having the most improvement out of the teams you competing against, so we may just break 80+ points, but others will break 90+. Arsene has set incredibly high standards for himself previously so when he doesn't met those, it is automatically failure.

Like I said, it didn't appear overnight. How many seasons before have he had the likes of Peter Hill Wood, Gazidis and Wenger himself saying there is money to spend on WC players, yet we go for the bargain bin option? Chamakh, Gervinho, Santos, Park? Those were not and will never be Arsenal quality. Arsene had final say on those players. If he placed his money elsewhere and was global rather than focusing his efforts into a French League which isn't what it once was and will only get worse with the likes of PSG and Monaco.

Yes, he has, but Arsene isn't the only manager to coach players into being WC and he won't be the last. Along with coaching the likes of Ramsey and Koscielny into being proper players, he could have made additions to the squad to push us on.

I'm not doubting his commitment to the club and for all of my moaning about Wenger, I will be eternally grateful for what he has done for the club, but he has to show that he can go out there and buy the calibre of player we need to win consistently, not just the occasional cup. Can he do that? I'm not entirely sure.

Let's not ignore the fact that he hasn't won the CL before (inb4 15 minutes away, I am aware) or the league for the last 10 years.

Struggling to pass a Hull team who were here on holiday (let's be frank!) and watch our team crumble before our very eyes and finish 4th is enough isn't enough to warrant a new deal imo.

ReputationRep:
    Who is this Peggles?

GTFO PLEASE THANK YOU

ReputationRep:
    Blinded by a once great man, sad.

It was set up perfectly for him to move on, but he's chosen to continue this cycle.
    That cycle has brought us a new stadium, Champions League football every season, a promising group of British/HG players, a great financial position and huge cash reserves. Our net spend since '06~ is around the £15m mark. Compare that to our rivals and it puts what Wenger has achieved into perspective.

This cash did not appear overnight we've always had cash to spend, maybe not £100m+ or whatever, but it's been there and could have been used when we required just 1 or 2 players to push us over the line, but wasn't.
    The sort of spending your alluding to would have been impossible during the construction and first 3+ years since it opened. However, I agree with the last part, and don't understand why we didn't meet Liverpool's valuation of Suarez, or at the very least get Higuain.

Nice way of avoiding the fact that we finished 4th with the 79 points bit there!! :lol:
    Our best players have been/are injured. Imagine City without Toure, Silva and Aguero; Chelsea without Hazard, Terry and Cahill; Liverpool without Suarez, Gerrard, Sturridge/Sterling; or Utd without De Gea, RVP and Rooney.

Ramsey, Ozil and Walcott were injured at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    That cycle has brought us a new stadium, Champions League football every season, a promising group of British/HG players, a great financial position and huge cash reserves. Our net spend since '06~ is around the £15m mark. Compare that to our rivals and it puts what Wenger has achieved into perspective.

The sort of spending your alluding to would have been impossible during the construction and first 3+ years since it opened. However, I agree with the last part, and don't understand why we didn't meet Liverpool's valuation of Suarez, or at the very least get Higuain.

Our best players have been/are injured. Imagine City without Toure, Silva and Aguero; Chelsea without Hazard, Terry and Cahill; Liverpool without Suarez, Gerrard, Sturridge/Sterling; or Utd without De Gea, RVP and Rooney.

Stalin, my friend, don't waste your time on her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    Who is this Peggles?

GTFO PLEASE THANK YOU
    What has she done wrong? She's entitled to her opinion, tbh a lot of Arsenal fan aren't pro Wenger anymore. I don't mind him staying, but I'd prefer if he left tbh amd someone new came in, but when I see what happened to United I get a bit nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Who is this Peggles?

GTFO PLEASE THANK YOU
    Lool, no feel free to still believe in him, I just don't. But you AKBs are ****ing terrible and hurl abuse (both physical and verbal) at anyone who disagrees with you. Nothing I said is wrong, you just choose to ignore it because you are still riding Arsene's ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    What has she done wrong? She's entitled to her opinion, tbh a lot of Arsenal fan aren't pro Wenger anymore. I don't mind him staying, but I'd prefer if he left tbh amd someone new came in, but when I see what happened to United I get a bit nervous.
    You're clearly whiteknighting here:rolleyes:

But thank you for your thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Absolutely outstanding.

Peggles is the best poster on this thread
    Yeah probably one of the few realists here. It's the perfect time for someone new to take over with players like Ramsey and Ox beginning to ripen in talent. I'm pretty gutted tbh another 3 years, and will probably extend after that too. He needs to let it go man :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Lool, no feel free to still believe in him, I just don't. But you AKBs are ****ing terrible and hurl abuse (both physical and verbal) at anyone who disagrees with you. Nothing I said is wrong, you just choose to ignore it because you are still riding Arsene's ****.
    It's obvious that you hate Arsene Wenger and that is not what we need right here

ReputationRep:
    You're clearly whiteknighting here:rolleyes:

But thank you for your thought.
    Lol White Knighting for what? I have no intentions of that. But I do see where she's coming from.

ReputationRep:
    If it could be done, we should ban all anti-Wenger people from the Emirates until further notice.

The rest of us will have a party, Arsene'll bring his vodka and his charlie

ReputationRep:
    Who would you like to replace Arsene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    What's happen at united will never happen with us. We don't have an egotistical old man that'll get choose the new manager without going through the process. Saying what you may about Gazidis and Stan, when it comes to hiring coaches, Americans are very good at it. I'm sure they'll find someone more competent than Moyes without much problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Champions league for all those years, 1 final, no trophy. Just making up the numbers. No doubt Arsene has created a legacy, but this continuous slide and acceptance of 4th as a trophy will only ruin said legacy

I wasn't suggesting we spend £50+ million, but rather than spending £10m on Gervinho, £7m on Santos, £1m on Park, but put our resources in better places.

Yes, but like I've been saying, we are Arsenal and we get injuries. Rather than moaning about it, we should have made sure we had sufficient cover available for those players.

Yes, but like a said, we needed better cover.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.