Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2015 Thread*** Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    Asked same question on previous page haha. When is your interview?
    Mine is on Wednesday. what about u? are u also IBD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by collegeboy7)
    Mine is on Wednesday. what about u? are u also IBD?
    Yeap, Wednesday IBD. Are you going to London or over phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamagotchi)
    Hey, I've got my Rothschild interview next week as well.

Do you think the 5min presentation should focus around M&A or could it be anything relevant to economics?
    They specifically say 'a deal that you find interesting' for Summer interns but for SW, it says anything you find interesting :/
    Lool dude, I was considering doing it on oil, then i realised pretty much everyone will do the same. So screw it, it'll be hard to stand out that way.

I think I should just do my presentation on how unnecessary the presentation is.

(Original post by welcometoib)
    look at last years sw thread for more help, me personally would do it on anything i found interesting,because then you speak ore confidently and that projects very well. When did you get the invite?
    Applied on the deadline, got my invite last week monday.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, can anyone tell me the spring weeks that are NOT run on 13-17? (besides MS) I suspect BNP but not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    Yeap, Wednesday IBD. Are you going to London or over phone?
    Yeah am going to their office. Good luck to both of us then..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatmanca)
    Hey guys, can anyone tell me the spring weeks that are NOT run on 13-17? (besides MS) I suspect BNP but not sure.
    HSBC, CitiScope, BarCap, I reckon Lazard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Thanks
    any idea about blackrock?
    and UBS too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatmanca)
    Thanks
    any idea about blackrock?
    and UBS too?
    Not sure. If memory serves me correctly, UBS runs on 13-17 as well. I may be mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    ms, cs, each have one sw from 23-27.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard10i)
    Lool dude, I was considering doing it on oil, then i realised pretty much everyone will do the same. So screw it, it'll be hard to stand out that way.

I think I should just do my presentation on how unnecessary the presentation is.

Applied on the deadline, got my invite last week monday.
    man i applied 1st october and no peep :confused:

do you have any topic non financial at all which really interests you?

ReputationRep:
    anyone know dates for rothschild and jpm?

ReputationRep:
    man i applied 1st october and no peep :confused:

do you have any topic non financial at all which really interests you?
    I'm torn lol. Dont want to sound boring if i make it something finance-related, but at the same time I don't want to do a presentation on football for example, it'd be a huge risk either way. If it is non-finance related, then I just have to hope they're interested in what i'm talking about.

Don't mean to be a negative nelly, but i heard that their final interviews are on tuesday. So unless you hear back on Monday, i wouldn't hold my breath.

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn lol. Dont want to sound boring if i make it something finance-related, but at the same time I don't want to do a presentation on football for example, it'd be a huge risk either way. If it is non-finance related, then I just have to hope they're interested in what i'm talking about.

Don't mean to be a negative nelly, but i heard that their final interviews are on tuesday. So unless you hear back on Monday, i wouldn't hold my breath.
    id do mine on a specific subject within poker, i think its fine, for a sw they want to see how you present, not really what the content is about. exactly

ty very much for telling me that, finally i have some info on rotsh that them selves were too lazy and incompetent to provide me with. mind me asking where you heard that? its fine haha, like the company name but the hr leave a lot to be desired.

ReputationRep:
    id do mine on a specific subject within poker, i think its fine, for a sw they want to see how you present, not really what the content is about. exactly

ty very much for telling me that, finally i have some info on rotsh that them selves were too lazy and incompetent to provide me with. mind me asking where you heard that? its fine haha, like the company name but the hr leave a lot to be desired.
    Haha a friend of mine emailed HR last week when he was booking his interview. Haha I know NOTHING on poker. I'll just try to pull something out of my arse tomorrow man.

Where are you studying btw? And any responses yet?

ReputationRep:
    Haha a friend of mine emailed HR last week when he was booking his interview. Haha I know NOTHING on poker. I'll just try to pull something out of my arse tomorrow man.

Where are you studying btw? And any responses yet?
    thats confirmation enough for me then, after monday can tick it off and then just GS to hear and my apps are done finally!

poker is awesome, poker is life. well not life, but a perfect pastime which one can invest in and analyse lol. Im warwick well citi promised 5 days, so if that means working days next thursday i should here back form then, and then week after is essentially defining my whole process. so if i dont post on here after next sunday then you should know how ive done lool

ReputationRep:
    thats confirmation enough for me then, after monday can tick it off and then just GS to hear and my apps are done finally!

poker is awesome, poker is life. well not life, but a perfect pastime which one can invest in and analyse lol. Im warwick well citi promised 5 days, so if that means working days next thursday i should here back form then, and then week after is essentially defining my whole process. so if i dont post on here after next sunday then you should know how ive done lool
    Hahaha hope to see you on here a lot then!

I haven't heard from Citi at all since I applied for Quest- Markets in early November. Definitely expecting a rejection from them. Was the 5 day thing post interview? and for scope or quest?

ReputationRep:
    Btw guys, Cue cards for a presentation? Yay or nay?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I had my Roths interview last week - I used cue cards. Also I think it is most important to do the presentation on something you can talk about because they ask you about it! So no good talking about a deal unless you have good knowledge about it.

ReputationRep:
    Do it on IB dresscode, for the bants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hychan)
    Hey I had my Roths interview last week - I used cue cards. Also I think it is most important to do the presentation on something you can talk about because they ask you about it! So no good talking about a deal unless you have good knowledge about it.
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up! When do you expect to hear back?

Do it on IB dresscode, for the bants.
    Pure bants m8 :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.