The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

finding it harder and harder to have faith in walcott.. always stuck by him thinking with more games he would find his goal scoring form again.. but he really just hasnt

I still think when he moves to another team, he will start scoring again - but just seems like he is finished for arsenal now.

Chuck him in the deal for sterling and get a bit off the price
Walcott's become another Torres then
Spurs fans are so desperate lol. Go on twitter type in "4 spurs" and you'll see what i mean
Original post by fallen_acorns
finding it harder and harder to have faith in walcott.. always stuck by him thinking with more games he would find his goal scoring form again.. but he really just hasnt

I still think when he moves to another team, he will start scoring again - but just seems like he is finished for arsenal now.

Why sterling? we have the ox and i know he gets injured but then we have wellington silva, campbell and gnabry. If Walcott does leave we won't replace him.

I would really like a clinical player so if we got rid of campbell, podolski and walcott we could get Reus and when reus gets injured ox can step in.
as much as england bored me tonight, atleast we are not loosing to a country that I had to google to remember where it was..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32140214

(maybe its just my geography being bad though) :colondollar:
Original post by shawn_o1
Walcott's become another Torres then

Guys coming back from a brutal injury. Give him time. If he's injury free from now till next season then I guarantee he'll score 15 goals next season.

ACL is one of the hardest injuries to come back from...I did mine about a month after theo and I did intensive physio for 6months (obvs not as much as theo) and I'm only just now starting to feel confident and strong on it again...give the lad time.
Original post by Jgco2chem
Why sterling? we have the ox and i know he gets injured but then we have wellington silva, campbell and gnabry. If Walcott does leave we won't replace him.

I would really like a clinical player so if we got rid of campbell, podolski and walcott we could get Reus and when reus gets injured ox can step in.

I am a huge fan of the ox, and really think he has a place in our future.. but at 21, he is a year older then stirlign, and has delivered no where near as much over the past 2 seasons.

Most of this is probably due to injuries, but well.. we can only judge on what we have seen.

The others, gnarby + silva are not ready for the first team yet, and campbell clearly is not wanted by wenger..

So for that position we are left with 1 injury prone player who has not yet fulfilled his potential, 2 kids and 1 player wenger will never play.

Its hardly enough for a title challenging team.

- Stirlign is of first team quality and would fill that position (and many more given his flexibility) for years to come. If he did keep up his current form, let alone keep improving, his price would look like nothing after 4-5 seasons.. either because he would have been brought out by one of the huge clubs for stupid money, or becuase we would have got many many years of good service.

Reus worrys me due to his injury record, but he would also excite me so much as a signing. I would probably take stirling for anywhere up to 10m more then reus though
Gibbs should of scored, but he was more creative than our whole midfield until Barkley came on. However I get so annoyed when he cuts inside and passes backwards and sides, he really needs to play the ball down the line and work the wing to get the crosses through.

This game England were missing a lot of players, getting a draw was good we should of pinched a victory, we lack players who can hold the ball in the midfield and slow down and dictate the play, because we either pass between defenders/goalkeeper or drive at pace hoping not to loose possession.
Reply 6048

We can't keep doing that, we can't say things like "we have the ox and i know he gets injured but then we have wellington silva, campbell and gnabry" because silva has no experience in the PL and is 22 already, I really don't see him or Campbell with a future at the Emirates. Gnabry is a future prospect because he's no where near an Arsenal winger at the moment, he's good but he's not quite there. Sterling and Theo are ahead of all three. Ox is the exception but he's so injury prone.

You're right about the clinical player, that's who we need. If selling Theo means we get Reus then that's progression, and exactly what we need tbh.

Been thinking this for a while, but Reus would be the correct replacement for Theo. Not quite sure about Sterling to Arsenal. Liverpool will charge us a lot more and they have a bitter taste because of the Suarez bid so they'll be a bitch about the whole thing. Wouldn't pay a huge price for Sterling, we can get something similar for cheaper.

Give the guy a break he's been back for what 2 months after a year out injured.

Like come on get real, do you honestly expect him to come back and be scoring every game.

Ffs it was only 3 months ago that people were spunking over walcott saying how much we've missed him
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6050
I am a huge fan of the ox, and really think he has a place in our future.. but at 21, he is a year older then stirlign, and has delivered no where near as much over the past 2 seasons.

Most of this is probably due to injuries, but well.. we can only judge on what we have seen.

The others, gnarby + silva are not ready for the first team yet, and campbell clearly is not wanted by wenger..

So for that position we are left with 1 injury prone player who has not yet fulfilled his potential, 2 kids and 1 player wenger will never play.

Its hardly enough for a title challenging team.

- Stirlign is of first team quality and would fill that position (and many more given his flexibility) for years to come. If he did keep up his current form, let alone keep improving, his price would look like nothing after 4-5 seasons.. either because he would have been brought out by one of the huge clubs for stupid money, or becuase we would have got many many years of good service.

Reus worrys me due to his injury record, but he would also excite me so much as a signing. I would probably take stirling for anywhere up to 10m more then reus though

Yeah, it doesn't make sense when our depth is spoken about as an excuse not to buy a player.

In the summer, Wenger maintained that we don't need to buy a striker because we have many players that can play there - i.e, Giroud, Theo, Podolski, Campbell, Sanogo.

All of these haven't shown that they're clinical enough (other than Giroud recently) and it's the same with the RW position. Our only real threat on the right comes from the Ox and he's injured. Campbell, Silva (who isn't even proven here and is 22) and Theo wouldn't get in to a title challenging team with the form they're showing. I like Gnabry a lot, but he's non existent at the moment and we can't clinch on to hopes for his development.
Reply 6051
Yeah I think Theo should have at least till the end of the season. I don't get why he was dropped to be honest, didn't he get three goals in his first three games when he came back? He needs sharpness but that'll come with time, he's got technique and is more clinical than Welbs
Original post by leinad2012
Give the guy a break he's been back for what 2 months after a year out injured.

Like come on get real, do you honestly expect him to come back and be scoring every game.

Ffs it was only 3 months ago that people were spunking over walcott saying how much weve issued him

I have been very patient with him for the 3 months he has been back, but well, it has been 3 months now, and he does not look that close to his old self. Not like he has been rushed into the team either, but a gradual set of games and minutes spread out over 3 months.

I dont think his record is to poor, 3 goals in 13 apps.. but his performances so far, have just been really disapointing all round, not just that he is missing chances he used to put away, but his general all round game just seems lacking badly.
as much as england bored me tonight, atleast we are not loosing to a country that I had to google to remember where it was..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32140214

(maybe its just my geography being bad though) :colondollar:

Bizarrely they're in the top 50 in the World Rankings, one above Scotland and one below Wales. Never heard of the country before, nor their players ...
I have been very patient with him for the 3 months he has been back, but well, it has been 3 months now, and he does not look that close to his old self. Not like he has been rushed into the team either, but a gradual set of games and minutes spread out over 3 months.

I dont think his record is to poor, 3 goals in 13 apps.. but his performances so far, have just been really disapointing all round, not just that he is missing chances he used to put away, but his general all round game just seems lacking badly.

The guy hadn't even played 9 hours of competitive football (or the equivalent of 6 games) since he's been back from one of the worst injuries you can get.

If Wenger was like you Ramsey would have been gone 2 years ago because despite he had his leg snapped in two "I've been patient for 3 months" and he still isn't performing like he was before his horrific injury.

He is still getting into the right areas and once he gets his eye in again I have no doubt he'll be banging them in for fun. I'm not surprised if he wants to leave, it must be pretty ****ing boring having fans love you for a couple months then tryig to knock you back down after such a bad injury
Yeah it's 3 months (just about) back after over a year out. And he's barely had any minutes. Calm down.
Original post by SA-1
We can't keep doing that, we can't say things like "we have the ox and i know he gets injured but then we have wellington silva, campbell and gnabry" because silva has no experience in the PL and is 22 already, I really don't see him or Campbell with a future at the Emirates. Gnabry is a future prospect because he's no where near an Arsenal winger at the moment, he's good but he's not quite there. Sterling and Theo are ahead of all three. Ox is the exception but he's so injury prone.

You're right about the clinical player, that's who we need. If selling Theo means we get Reus then that's progression, and exactly what we need tbh.

Been thinking this for a while, but Reus would be the correct replacement for Theo. Not quite sure about Sterling to Arsenal. Liverpool will charge us a lot more and they have a bitter taste because of the Suarez bid so they'll be a bitch about the whole thing. Wouldn't pay a huge price for Sterling, we can get something similar for cheaper.

I got a feeling that after witnessing the terrible squad fergie left behind for moyes/Van Gaal to pick up the pieces. I reckon Wenger building a squad with a strong foundation to build on. Having noticed that we a complete team rather than a one man team. I have strong belief that within the next two years we are going to win something big and then Wenger will leave on a high.
Only then we will be able to get a manager that can win us the champions league preferably Ancelotti given his record in europe and experience with Chelsea.
Ambitious mangers know you can't have inexperience as a back up for injury prone players, and that you can't go into a league with only two senior CB! also he will demand money to spend on clinical, ruthless players that want to win.
It would be a dream if we could sign Pogba and Aguero(as revenge for all the players man city bought from us).

I really feel City are on the decline, Kompany been awful Yaya ageing they only have few top players left Aguero, Silva and Zabaleta. Very soon their owner will make a decision whether to invest 300mil to update there squad with the top players of today and then this will happen again after 5 years or to stop investing forcing managers to learn from Wenger to be consistent in getting top 4 with a small budget.

So our only challengers after Wenger will be Man utd and Chelsea. Liverpool will loose faith with Rodgers youth policy and players like sterling/sturridge will leave for trophies, ultimately making liverpool the shop for big clubs. Tottenham will sack Pochetitto for some stupid reason and there hopes of getting top four will remain a dream forever.
Hey guys, do you reckon we were lucky that the Arabs invested in City to troll united rather than Tottenham. Imagine if Tottenham got 500mil budget and got aguero,silva,toure..etc especially because Ethiad and Emirates are Rivals. We dodged the bullet.
I got a feeling that after witnessing the terrible squad fergie left behind for moyes/Van Gaal to pick up the pieces. I reckon Wenger building a squad with a strong foundation to build on. Having noticed that we a complete team rather than a one man team. I have strong belief that within the next two years we are going to win something big and then Wenger will leave on a high.
Only then we will be able to get a manager that can win us the champions league preferably Ancelotti given his record in europe and experience with Chelsea.
Ambitious mangers know you can't have inexperience as a back up for injury prone players, and that you can't go into a league with only two senior CB! also he will demand money to spend on clinical, ruthless players that want to win.
It would be a dream if we could sign Pogba and Aguero(as revenge for all the players man city bought from us).

I really feel City are on the decline, Kompany been awful Yaya ageing they only have few top players left Aguero, Silva and Zabaleta. Very soon their owner will make a decision whether to invest 300mil to update there squad with the top players of today and then this will happen again after 5 years or to stop investing forcing managers to learn from Wenger to be consistent in getting top 4 with a small budget.

So our only challengers after Wenger will be Man utd and Chelsea. Liverpool will loose faith with Rodgers youth policy and players like sterling/sturridge will leave for trophies, ultimately making liverpool the shop for big clubs. Tottenham will sack Pochetitto for some stupid reason and there hopes of getting top four will remain a dream forever.

They can't invest anything though due to FFP, that's where they are ****ed. They have no young and upcoming players to replace their top players and it will be difficult to sell their old and declining ones to afford top quality replacements. The only way is to follow the Wenger model but there are few managers who can do that. If there is a team Liverpool (or any other top 4 contender) have the highest chance of knocking out of the top 4, it's City.
(edited 9 years ago)
Gibbs should of scored, but he was more creative than our whole midfield until Barkley came on. However I get so annoyed when he cuts inside and passes backwards and sides, he really needs to play the ball down the line and work the wing to get the crosses through.

This game England were missing a lot of players, getting a draw was good we should of pinched a victory, we lack players who can hold the ball in the midfield and slow down and dictate the play, because we either pass between defenders/goalkeeper or drive at pace hoping not to loose possession.

I'm not sure if this is caused I support United but before the game i was totally expecting a 5-3-2 formation. Jones Jagieka Smalling as a back three, Gibbs and Clyne as wingbacks, Henderson, Delph in the center with Rooney the advanced one, Walcott and Kane up front. That would have probably been better than a diamond tbh.. or maybe not it sounds like Jones had a torrid time in midfield and England ahd no width.

Idk if he should have started Walcott, I guess he's trying a new system but i would have been more excited to have seen Barkley in Rooney role and Rooney and Kane up top. Walcott doesn't really offer much but pace up front which I don't think is really enough these days unless you have a cracking finish.

Latest