The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bowman.Hath
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Guys, check out Espanyols goal against mallorca. Comedy gold.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hernan Crespo, Robbie Fowler, Robert Pires and Augustine 'Jay-Jay' Okocha all to play in the football version of IPL.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ootball-league
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^It's not going to work IMO. Unfortunately, football is very low on the sports popularity list in the sub-continent. Great for the players to pick up a big pay-check but can't see it being as popular as the IPL.
aa22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
Playing ugly and losing ugly... you got what you wanted. This game is an absolute joke though! A 5 year old could be a better ref than this guy and the way we are playing as a team is rather shocking. One of those days for Porto.
Hehehehehe. You fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally lost. I'll agree that some of the referee's calls were shocking, but I didn't see a Porto side that was worthy of the 3 points..

IN MORE INTERESTING NEWS!

WTF is going on in the transfer market! Craziest end to the January window in a long time?

Belluschi gone, Guarin gone, and you only go and get bloody Lucho Gonzalez! And that Jancko guy, who was pretty decent IIRC from the Benfica-Twente matches...

And WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF at Benfica! Give away Ruben Amorim to Braga, and then go and get Yannick Djalo, the worst player in existence =_=

For starters, wtf was the point of Ruben signing a new deal and then sending him straight on loan. He's an important part of the squad!

And Yannick Djalo. I mean. Seriously? Djalo? Damn..... He better be a wing option, because I really don't want to him playing as striker, with Nelson Oliveira on the bench...
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Was watching a Football's Greatest Manager program, it was about Trapattoni and this was part of it:

Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Care to translate what he said? :holmes:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Go into youtube via the video and there's a briefer one with subtitles. I just wanted to show the passion that used to exist in football managers.
Akkuz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Everything is dying down in football unfortunately.

Mourinho, poking people in the eyes shows that there is passion, yet!
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Get Gordon Strachan in a top team, he'll show you passion.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
Was watching a Football's Greatest Manager program, it was about Trapattoni and this was part of it:
Is the program on sky??
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 419)
Is the program on sky??
Yeah, it was on Sky Sports 1 earlier, on again at 6.30. That conference is even better in the program.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Akkuz)
Everything is dying down in football unfortunately.

Mourinho, poking people in the eyes shows that there is passion, yet!
AVB is passionate.
Plus anyway, trappatoni's italian, would be a bit weird if he wasn't passionate about something.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Italian transfer window is closed as of 9 mins ago - Muntari joined Milan on loan. Motta left Inter for PSG.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Best of luck to Motta, and hopefully that'll be the last we see of Muntari at Inter.

Juan was signed, along with Guarin on a 6 month loan with an option to buy.

Edit: Barca and Hleb agree to an early termination of his contract.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Inzaghi turned down a move to Siena to stay at Milan too.

No Milan move for Tevez. England, as a nation, groaned.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow, it is actually quite sad how his career has regressed
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Hehehehehe. You fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally lost. I'll agree that some of the referee's calls were shocking, but I didn't see a Porto side that was worthy of the 3 points..

IN MORE INTERESTING NEWS!

WTF is going on in the transfer market! Craziest end to the January window in a long time?

Belluschi gone, Guarin gone, and you only go and get bloody Lucho Gonzalez! And that Jancko guy, who was pretty decent IIRC from the Benfica-Twente matches...

And WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF at Benfica! Give away Ruben Amorim to Braga, and then go and get Yannick Djalo, the worst player in existence =_=

For starters, wtf was the point of Ruben signing a new deal and then sending him straight on loan. He's an important part of the squad!

And Yannick Djalo. I mean. Seriously? Djalo? Damn..... He better be a wing option, because I really don't want to him playing as striker, with Nelson Oliveira on the bench...
We knew Guarin would be going but I thought he was close to signing for Juve so for him to be going on loan on Inter is something new and then the option of buying him in the summer for €11 million. It’s a shame he’s gone but hopefully it’ll do him well. He just hasn’t really been the same this season like he was under AVB.

Gutted about Belluschi! This came completely out of the blue! I don’t understand why this guy didn’t start more but when he did play he was quite an important player for us so for him to be sent out on loan is strange.

Eee, Lucho! We can bring out the “Lucho, Lucho, Lucho Gonzelez....Luhcoooooo Gonzaaaalez” chant back! I don’t care if the guy hasn’t been great for OM this season or if he’s “lost it”, he’s back! Can’t wait to see him in a Porto kit again, I’m glad he’s back. And at least we’ve got Janko who can give us an extra option up front where we’re lacking so much.

Oh how I laughed when I heard you had signed Yannick! Thumbs up to JJ for that one, what a buy! You don’t really need to add to your squad though! And for letting Amorim go on loan...bit of a strange one again.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We knew Guarin would be going but I thought he was close to signing for Juve so for him to be going on loan on Inter is something new and then the option of buying him in the summer for €11 million. It’s a shame he’s gone but hopefully it’ll do him well. He just hasn’t really been the same this season like he was under AVB.

Gutted about Belluschi! This came completely out of the blue! I don’t understand why this guy didn’t start more but when he did play he was quite an important player for us so for him to be sent out on loan is strange.

Eee, Lucho! We can bring out the “Lucho, Lucho, Lucho Gonzelez....Luhcoooooo Gonzaaaalez” chant back! I don’t care if the guy hasn’t been great for OM this season or if he’s “lost it”, he’s back! Can’t wait to see him in a Porto kit again, I’m glad he’s back. And at least we’ve got Janko who can give us an extra option up front where we’re lacking so much.

Oh how I laughed when I heard you had signed Yannick! Thumbs up to JJ for that one, what a buy! You don’t really need to add to your squad though! And for letting Amorim go on loan...bit of a strange one again.
Guarins decline has been quite bad... he was immense last season..

Hahaha, must be like when Rui Costa came back to Benfica!

I was literally open-mouthed shocked when I saw Djalo had signed for us... and yeh, we didn't need him. What we do need is a better left-back, and a good backup for Maxi.

And in that situation, Amorim will be a big miss. I just realised that Maxi is suspended for the first-leg against Zenit! Miguel Vitor will probably have to play in that position for that match >_<
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And at least we’ve got Janko who can give us an extra option up front where we’re lacking so much.
You´ll regret that soon enough...
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lionel Messi gives the ball away more than other player in La Liga, according to statistics published by SuperDeporte.

The Argentina international is considered the finest dribbler in the game today but has turned over possession 279 times so far this season.
:hmmmm2:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (110)
79.71%
Leave (28)
20.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise