view next
Undisclosed 15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Oh hot damn. Suarez available for the Madrid game. Day after his ban ends :lol:
Yes but he wont take part as he cant even train until that day. Plus, if it is on the Saturday he cant play anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester United
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want Suarez to bite Pepe.
economist2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Vermaelen sucks :lol:

Would rather have the peanuts.
:rofl3:
little_tom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zürich)
Vermaelen has played himself out of form since 2012 due to injury and loss of direction but at his best he is one of the best 'progressive' CBs out there imho. Around 2012 he was regularly linked with Bayern/Barca etc, and even today Van Gaal wants him as his CB at Utd.

Pique is just dreadful imo, wouldnt have him in a top10 PL side.
I don't think he was ever solid for us. First season was more of a case of scoring a lot of goals to mask many school-boy errors, kind of like Skrtel last season and Vertonghen the season before. Neither are great defenders by any stretch of imagination. He isn't disciplined enough to play in a high line without the occasional error. He's far too aggressive off the ball, but that probably is also his greatest strength on his day as well since he likes to break down attacks before they start. I think he would be suited to a back three to eradicate the defensive lapses in his game, but being paired with the likes of Pique would be suicidal. He's a good defender but will never be a great defender.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Another good buy from Atletico :holmes:
jam278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Title race is going to be too hard to call now. Atlético have made some great signings. They'll get Correa in january most likely so they'll further strengthen their frontline with him and Mandzukic. Raul Garcia can always play alongside him anyway.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AM have actually probably improved if anything, they always seem to land on their feet when they lose players...
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AM have actually probably improved if anything, they always seem to land on their feet when they lose players...
They are looking to add Santi Cazorla to their ranks.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
They are looking to add Santi Cazorla to their ranks.
Tbh they are welcome to him for £20m+. Personally see Santi as about as far away from an Atletico player as you can get with his work-rate and loathing to be fixed to a specific system...
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's crazy to think that Costa's sale has almost payed for Mandzukic, who I think is better suited to their system than Costa, and Griezmann.

We really should've brought him to the Emirates. Mandzu and Oli G up front would make Suarez and Sturridge look like novices.
Zürich
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stalin)
It's crazy to think that Costa's sale has almost payed for Mandzukic, who I think is better suited to their system than Costa, and Griezmann.

We really should've brought him to the Emirates. Mandzu and Oli G up front would make Suarez and Sturridge look like novices.
:laugh: Wouldnt go that far but I really rate Mandzukic, think as hold up men go he's arguably more effective than Ibrahimovic in his own way.

And yeah getting Mandzukic and Greizmann for Costa's price is unbelievable from AM, they always seem to pull off something like that when they sell a player.
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:laugh: Wouldnt go that far but I really rate Mandzukic, think as hold up men go he's arguably more effective than Ibrahimovic in his own way.

And yeah getting Mandzukic and Greizmann for Costa's price is unbelievable from AM, they always seem to pull off something like that when they sell a player.
Wenger hasn't thought it about enough. Imagine if we're chasing a game:

Mandzu Oli G
Sanchez Ozil Walcott
Diaby

Phoaaa
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...is-impossible/

Messi article
pane123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Brilliant read, thanks for sharing.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do Barcelona do season review Blu Rays, in English?
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep great article, even though I didn't understand it all properly.

One quote from a commenter sums up my feelings perfectly:

"Ronaldo is a superman, Messi is an alien!
Micah Richards
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Moreno and Manquillo to Liverpool then (Times and Echo reporting that Manquillo is on the verge, and a breakthrough has been made in the valuation for Moreno).

Opinions on the players?

There was a Manquillo discussion a while back on the Liverpool thread, just put Manquillo into the search box.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

:lol:
TheInvincibles14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Vermaelen to Barca then? I think he will do well in their system, he is still a good front foot defender even though he needs to eradicate the brain farts he seems to suffer from. I think if Barca switch formation it could prove very effective. Bayern seem to be doing the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Messi's new hairstyle influenced by the very fashionable Kim Jong-Un :rofl:

(Original post by TheInvincibles14)
Vermaelen to Barca then? I think he will do well in their system, he is still a good front foot defender even though he needs to eradicate the brain farts he seems to suffer from. I think if Barca switch formation it could prove very effective. Bayern seem to be doing the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any competition for CB is good. This is the season I think Pique gets dropped. He's been getting by on reputation now for a few seasons and needs to wake up. Still would prefer we just throw 50m on Benatia...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (123)
56.94%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise